Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 2

Old 09-12-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

I'm on my phone so will be brief, but will respond in depth later. Love the idea of keeping a list of our group!

Sobergrl - it is a struggle no doubt about it, but we have to focus on our health. This can be life or death, a slow painful one at that. That's what I'm thinking about.

Day 2 and I've washed the floor, taken a shower, and am now lying on a blanket with my pups in the sunshine. I was going to read, but right now I'm just consciously feeling the sun and breeze on my skin. Sober and on the road to recovery one breath at a time!

Be strong my friends!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:23 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DeepBreath2012 View Post
I'm on my phone so will be brief, but will respond in depth later. Love the idea of keeping a list of our group!

Sobergrl - it is a struggle no doubt about it, but we have to focus on our health. This can be life or death, a slow painful one at that. That's what I'm thinking about.

Day 2 and I've washed the floor, taken a shower, and am now lying on a blanket with my pups in the sunshine. I was going to read, but right now I'm just consciously feeling the sun and breeze on my skin. Sober and on the road to recovery one breath at a time!

Be strong my friends!
We are Neighbors, Deep Breath. Keep busy is the key.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

WWG so nice to see a neighbor here! Love the feeling of someone from my neck of the woods!

I just love our group. The posting and reading and feeling of togetherness helps so very much!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I'm brewing a fresh pot of coffee in the breakroom. I know this will pass before I leave work for the day (still three hours to go in my part of the world), I'm just praying it stays gone during my 'witching hours,' same as most, from 5-8pm.

I love you guys. Thank you for your support. You help me stay strong when I cannot do it by myself.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:34 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Thats the spirit!! I like the way you put that..the 'witching hours'..

5-8 sounds about right. I will say this, for me anyway, once 8 p.m. comes the cravings all but go away, then I know I have made it through another day and that I will sleep well that night.

Enjoy the coffee!

Jim
Old 09-12-2012, 11:34 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Stay strong. Keep posting. I am always here. I have no life! LOL
Old 09-12-2012, 11:39 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

7.40pm here, sipping ginger ale and eating haribo sour sweets. It seems to work although i've been up and down today. Thinking of you sobrietygrl4
Old 09-12-2012, 11:42 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

DeepBreath - yes, the health aspect is a big driver for me as well. I have a book I bought last year, and how it describes what alcohol does to our bodies is pretty horrifying.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Good work Jim. Another day nearly done!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Yeah day 12 tomorrow hooray... Cuddled up on the sofa with my boy now. going to be an early night for me again, didn't sleep well last night.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:00 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Sweet dreams, my friend!
Old 09-12-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

And you, night, night all. Have a great day/night where ever you are. XXX
Old 09-12-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Sorry folks for being all over the board today. Started the day trying to be super supportive for the rest of the family, when I've been super shakey myself. I hope I don't come across as a hypocrite, just want to encourage & support you. I know I need to take some of my own advice, but that's certainly easier said than done. The talk about our kids did me in. Not that I don't want to talk about that, I need to. Just a lot of regrets that I have to deal with. I have 2 amazing kids, but they are a bit older. So I don't have those younger years to make it right.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:48 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Stay strong. Call or txt. Post. Read. Walk. Cook. Have a soda. Watch a movie. Love your kids. Start over today.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:49 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Jaz - no worries. We all know what we need to do it seems, it's just applying it in our own lives. I can encourage others to do things...and yet, it is really hard to make it happen myself. But, I'll keep saying it over and over. Maybe, I'll hear myself.

I don't have kids, I never will. Not due to medical reason, just how life ended up dealing me the cards. I never experienced being pregnant, holding my own child or feeling the closeness that a mother and child can experience. I've never been able to offer my two cents because people look at me through crossed eyes, as I can't have any thing to say when I've never had children. It's a sad part of my life that I've had to accept and it has been a struggle due to my hubby having his daughter from his first marriage. But, I have finally accepted this is a part of my life and who I am.

At any age, it can be made right. That I do know. I've seen people change and people come back together over the years. So, don't feel you deprived your kids or yourself of any years. Look on to the years you can now appreciate and enjoy through sober eyes. It will only get better. And this would apply to any relationship, not just with children, parents, etc.

I have my share of days, where I seem very scattered, but it's truly getting all thoughts and feelings out there.

Keep your chin up and no regrets. We have to learn and move on in life. That is the key.

Take care.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Marjoram: I got the following two books; I'm thinking one may be the one you're talking about that describes the ravages of alcohol to the alcoholic body..."Under the Influence: A guide to the Myths and Realities of Alcoholism" and, "Lit: A Memoir". Should be here tomorrow, yay.

Jaz: I'm sorry you are dealing with regrets; I can identify. My whole existence has become trying to overcome regret and self-hatred. You may not be able to go back to the younger years, but you have the future.

I'm feeling really good today. Stronger than the last day 2...just determined to remain present in my life. I'm going to pull out some crafts that I haven't touched in years and get to creating. Need to stimulate my mind and senses in positive ways, instead of killing my brain cells with the poison!

Also think I'm going to make some homemade potato chips this afternoon. Good for the waistline, nah...good for my mental health, oh yeah! I lost 50 pounds over this past year...I've put back on 13. Still "normal" looking, but I miss my flat tummy. However, my sobriety is the priority right now and I can get back to my flat stomach when I have some more sobriety under my belt...until then, manga!

I hope you all are enjoying a sober time of day where you are and know that I am thinking of you all! I'll be back shortly.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:56 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

You go, DB!!! Homemade chips? Do tell? Sounds Devine!
Old 09-12-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=sobrietygrl4;3574719]Struggling, all of a sudden. It's the middle of my workday, not a time I would normally drink, but my mind is seriously wandering. I'm going over to my parents' for dinner with my husband and the kids and it's no place to drink. But still...the thought is heavy.QUOTE]

Sobrietygrl, Jaz: Me too!! Yesterday and today. Yesterday evening, I even had wild thoughts of stopping at the liquor store so I could secretly spike some juice, telling myself my boyfriend (who I just moved in with) won't notice. I had to keep reminding myself that I am deluding myself when I think people "won't notice" - of course they do! I had to keep reminding myself of that, repeating it over and over until the liquor store was safely out of sight.

Interesting how the "witching hour" is about the same for many of us Septemberites....I kept thinking of that too - that if I just held out a little longer, I could make it to bed, and, if I could just do that, I could make it to morning without effort. I found it comforting to remind myself that this feeling wasn't going to be interminable. I clung to that for dear life.

It was downright nerve-wracking, but thankfully I woke up with no regrets.

I think AA has a saying: "I don't want the morning after the night before." I like that.

Soberjim, DeepBreath: I've started over MANY times - and may again, eep! I think that as long as we learn something each time about what to be careful of, and what to do differently, a slip isn't a total failure; it can help us avoid it in the future. Here's to keeping it from happening again!!
Old 09-12-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Oh man, HUGE urge to drink some beer. Work is over and this is only day 3. Any suggestions would be great. Just staring at my car keys and wanting that six pack. This sucks!!
E
Old 09-12-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Evan, tell us something cool or weird about you. And have a soda while you do it. What's the most unique thing about you? Do you have pets? What's your job? Hobbies? Do you have siblings? Where do you live? Do you watch TV, if so what? What's the weather like? m I annoying yet? LOL answer them all!