Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 2

Old 09-12-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Jim and marjoram, it happened to me too. We can do this. September isn't done yet! Love the calendar idea, I am going to try that I think.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberjim View Post
Morning everyone.. This is a hard note to write. Back at day 1.. Didn't have much to drink so I feel ok this morning - physically. Extremely disappointed in myself..

Going to follow my advice to others and pick myself up and start again. There are still 18 days left in September, and lots of fight in me to get past this.

Jim
Hang in there Jim, stay positive and focused. You can do it!
Old 09-12-2012, 05:42 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

That's it Jim, straight back on with the job in hand. Have a great day mate
Old 09-12-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Thansk WWG and Marjoram.... I know this will not be easy...I appreciate the support. The worse part for me was walking up at 3:00 to realize that yes I did have a drink (2). Then I felt extremely disppointed in myself. It really was NOT worth it.

Here is to a better day.

Jim
Old 09-12-2012, 05:46 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

At least you did stop, that's something, now dust yourself off and start over. No one can take away the sober days you did have. They are yours forever, and proof you can do it again!
Old 09-12-2012, 05:56 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberjim View Post
Thansk WWG and Marjoram.... I know this will not be easy...I appreciate the support. The worse part for me was walking up at 3:00 to realize that yes I did have a drink (2). Then I felt extremely disppointed in myself. It really was NOT worth it.

Here is to a better day.

Jim
I used to wake up the same way everyday for at least 4 years. But, the last few days I wake up not hungover, and remeber what I did the night before. This is hard. I have slipped many times when trying to stop. You can do it, and we are all pulling for you.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:03 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Stick with it Jim let's not brake the triplet of Jims in this group.

WWG, Glad you are sticking with it

Jim
Old 09-12-2012, 06:22 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Reading back through my posts, it's hard to believe I edit for a living! LOL Thank God you all are here to support me in my sobriety & not my spelling!

Soberjim, you've given so much great advice & shown so much support to others, there's not a doubt in my mind you can do this! Hang in there my friend!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:23 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Morning all,

One last post before we head on a mini trip with NO WIFI - AAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Lots of posting during the night so I just wanted to say congrats to everyone Day 2's, 3's, 4's etc and to everyone who wavered, PLEASE don't give up! I know it sometimes seems like a huge set back but as long as you want to try quitting again, then there's hope. Pick up and start again today.

Keep strong - we can do this!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:23 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Hey everyone.... Thanks for all the thoughts and support. I want you to know it does help. Yes, I plan to hang in there.

Jim
Old 09-12-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Adaline welcome to the class! I agree with SFMS sounds like talking to a dr would be the safest thing to do.

Day 11. Another morning waking up feeling good. I've been waking up pretty early everyday after averaging about 8 hrs of sleep. It's do nice to wake up refreshed and not dragging myself out of bed.

One of my co workers is back out drinking I think. She got sober a few weeks ago and was going to AA daily and then the past 2 days just doesn't show up to work at all or call ect and claims she had surgery last min but then later we saw her FB and she was talking about drinking vodka. So sad since she was doing so well.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:51 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Boozefree, it is sad. There are a few people in my life (some VERY close) that are definitely dealing with a drug or alcohol addiction. But that's in my opinion, knowing from experience what I've been through (and still going through for that matter). I want to scream from the mountain tops about this site, but it's not my place to do so until they recognize it themselves. I've almost said something a 100 times, but at this point I feel I would be overstepping my boundaries, & it may do more harm than good. Since your co-worker has been to AA, at least she does recognize there's a problem...hopefully she does not give up.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:07 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Soberjim- I know your disappointment. Been there. Live and learn and pick yourself right back up…

You have been such a great support to this group.

Peace…
Old 09-12-2012, 07:21 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Day 3. I'm tired of joining and rejoining. I'm here, I'm not leaving! Let's make September count! It is National Recovery Month!!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Chard! 1 day, 1 hour or 1 minute at a time...whatever you need to do. We're here for you.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Welcome chardonnay. ;-)
Old 09-12-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, I want to suggest some diet coke lime flavor! It's very good and tastes just like a rum and coke with a twist of lime. And no calories! If you liked mixed drinks, try it when a craving sets in. Pour it in a glass on the rocks and enjoy. I am having some now. So glad I discovered this stuff. I was primarily a beer girl, but I did like my rum and coke.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:47 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Thanks SFMS! Already added it to my grocery list!
Old 09-12-2012, 07:53 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Congrats on all the time that everyone is putting together, and for those that are coming back, we're not going anywhere - just jump back in the saddle. I support you 100%. Everyone on here is an inspiration to me. Everyone.

I went to bed kind of late last night and woke up feeling groggy and a little crappy. I did, however, manage to get up on time, take a shower, and enjoy a couple cups of coffee before I had to drop off the kids and head into work. It's hard to believe that just over a week ago, I was doing this to myself daily, and on purpose. On top of that, I tended to wake up feeling way worse than I did today and was usually running really late.

I spent a lot of time with my kids last night. They are young, but I still regret the amount of time that I have spent taking them for granted. We worked on craft projects and I curled up with them on the floor and sang to them before bed. I didn't want to let go. I hate this addiction for taking so much time from me.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:57 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Don't you hate what it does to our kids? I actually was a better mom sometimes buzzed because my anxiety makes me non functioning at times, how twisted is that? But right now I am trying new ways to fight the anxiety without a buzz. Time to heal.