D
Old 08-28-2012, 05:40 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Administrator

ps I feel fine now TriGirl thanks

D
Old 08-28-2012, 06:48 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

EQ that's great that your discovering new things!

Making a lil dinner and watching some tv or here. Glad to be back on SR!
Old 08-28-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Really glad you are here, too, BF. You sound a little lighter already!
Old 08-29-2012, 03:16 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Welcome back BF! Don't feel stupid!

Sorry I haven't posted much. Hubby is outta town this week and SB takes up all extra time.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:39 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Ready for another sober day. Already made some changes going thru the pages I had "liked" on FB that were beer companies.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Good steps BF. So glad you are here for day 3!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hang in there Orbea. Superboy is lucky to have such a fun sober Mommy!

Trigirl: So proud of you staying sober through all these peaks and valleys. Truly.

Needs: Hi! How have you been since you hit the 30 day mark? Are you still in IOP? You are doing well sticking with it!

BF: We are here. Hope you are doing ok.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:59 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Day 1 again. Geez. Won't give up tho
Old 08-30-2012, 09:05 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Good for you, BF. If you don't give up, BF, you will make it. If you give up it is certain you will not.

Meanwhile that is quite a rollercoaster that you have your brain, body, and emotions on.
Do you know the thoughts and choices leading up to choosing to drink yesterday? You never posted again after your morning post. What happened after that?

Whatever it was, get past that. Teach yourself you can, by doing it.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

I am off and just had food delivered from my normal take out place. The delivery boy who had to be all of 18 yrs old, said: "Your eyes look very beautiful without your glasses." Hmmnn.. I have no make up on and I am cleaning. I had already tipped him. Lol So is this an indication that my surgery went well? Or that I order out too much?
LOL
Old 08-30-2012, 02:56 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Administrator

As your friend...you need to do something different BF.
Have you got any ideas?

Take the compliment EQ
D
Old 08-31-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hi all, Have a good weekend!

Those of you in the States, do you have Labor Day plans? I am going to putter, paint some molding, get the dog groomed, and hopefully drag more non condo worthy stuff to my curb.

Be safe and sober everyone!
Old 08-31-2012, 10:13 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

BF - I know every time I 'quit' in the past, that 7 day mark was a big milestone and somewhere between day 7 and day 10 the 'pink cloud' would set in and I'd feel really good about myself (energetic, smarter, etc.). During those moments of clarity, I recall thinking "This is great... I wish I could feel like this all the time". It wasn't until almost 8 months ago that something clicked and I realized, "Duh, I can! Just because I've always drank myself silly and felt like crap the first half of the week doesn't mean I have to keep living that lifestyle!" It's a habit and a pattern like so many others in our lives, some good and some bad. Every time you repeat the pattern it becomes a little more engrained. For me, that pattern was stopping for 3-4 days (max) and then caving. I had to break out of that pattern to get into unchartered waters, and for me that meant fighting tooth and nail to get through those first 4 days, then resetting my targets on 7 days, then 10, etc. Breaking out of that initial rut was crucial though, and took 100% commitment and inner battles with a corruptly programmed mind that clearly didn't 'want' what I knew in my heart was best for me. Taking on 'forever' can feel like an impossible task, but if you can get some small victories under your belt, your confidence will begin to grow, you'll get some momentum behind you, and you'll gradually discover strength you didn't even know you have. The only way to break out of that cycle is to fight like hell and refuse to give in though. I'm sure it's different for everyone, but if you can get through that first week of detox, I can assure you that a renewed sense of energy and motivation will begin to surface. And then its time to set your sites on the next mark and break through that next cycle. And then one day you wake up and realize that you're in a place you've never been before, and you feel a freedom that cannot be found in any bottle at any price. I have zero doubt that you can do this. But believing you can do it is not what's most important (I'd venture to say we all had our doubts early on). Committing to today is what really matters and trusting that it WILL get easier with each and every small victory. Wishing everyone a nice and safe extended weekend!
Old 09-01-2012, 10:48 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Good advice Wildcat! How've you been?
Old 09-01-2012, 11:34 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Doing well. Just really busy between work, kids, and some unanticipated projects around the house. Don't post out here as much as I'd like to, but still reading frequently and trying to keep up with everyone. Hope all are enjoying the weekend. No big plans here, which is nice!
Old 09-02-2012, 12:00 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Earth Child

hi everyone i hope you are all doing well
Am doing ok i havent touch a single drink since February 2012 and am happy that my house is a dry house
But something arent working out so well my eating disorder has gotten worse and am self injuring a lot

i hope to be around a little bit more than what i have been

Old 09-02-2012, 12:27 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you will be too DA -its good to see you back

Congratulations on your sober time

Wishing you the best with your other struggles too....lean on the support here anytime you need it

D
Old 09-02-2012, 06:36 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

DA: I echo everything Dee said. Congratulations for living in a sober house! You sooo
deserve that inner and outer freedom. I am glad that chaosmaker is gone from your life.

You are to be commended for giving up alcohol and allowing yourself to "let it go" so you can move on to face these other struggles. Sometimes it takes awhile till we can really accept that we deserve a life free of inner chaos. It feels alien and frightening at times. But we do deserve it and so do you.

You are moving in the right direction! I hope you keep posting.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:21 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for always being so supportive of me. Yesterday was kinda my breaking point, my drinking has gotten so bad over the past 4 months and I finally opened up to my sis about everything thats going on and how much I hate myself when Im drinking. She was super supportive and I feel so much better getting all of that out and talking to a fam member about it. She didnt judge me at all and offered to get me some gatorade and stuff to drink. I poured out all the beer last night before heading to bed.