Notices

Class of March 2012 Part 4

Old 07-26-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

God I was tested for everything! Had the works! They kept asking if I drank as it was quite obviously the problem but I denied it. Stupid but I was firmly in denial then.
Anyway, I had meds which helped for gastritis, reflux and inflammation of the stomach lining. Pains obviously continued til I quit the drink though not gone altogether. I have to be careful to avoid anything too acidic. Anyway, my liver was fine!
Good to know the docs aren't contacted from my perspective. It sounds great. I will think about doing that myself! Thanks x
Old 07-26-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Just google local drug and alcohol services Jeni. I'm sure there should be something in most areas. Or phone Drinkline and ask for counselling services in your area. They have them all on record.

Glad to hear your liver is good Mine is fine too Yay x
Old 07-26-2012, 10:47 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Morning all. All good with me, thoroughly enjoying doing nothing, I was born to this sort of life. It sits very easy with me to potter around the house doing some light housework, then sit reading for the rest of the day. Work is truly over-rated!!
Hope all is ok with you all.
Have you come up with any decisions INH? Xxx
Old 07-27-2012, 04:46 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Hey Y'all! It's me - just checking in keeping tabs on you all. I'm at day 22 now. Little twinges of desire now and then, but nothing big.

Looks like you are doing well. Keep up the excellent work!
Old 07-27-2012, 05:00 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Hiya R4R , always great to hear from you. Wow, you're doing really well..ate you starting to feel better?
Everything fine here. Being extremely lazy and thoroughly enjoying it xx
Old 07-27-2012, 01:39 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Well done on 22 days R4R x So glad you're doing well

Glad you're having a nice 'lazy' time too Jeni. You deserve it! xxx

I have to admit to feeling pretty good today. Nice day off work, nothing really special about it, but I have actually felt comfortable being a non drinker, if that makes any sense. I haven't had much anxiety or questions constantly running around in my head. It probably has a lot to do with the session I had yesterday plus my mum has been much more supportive recently.

I hope everyone else is doing okay x
Old 07-28-2012, 12:43 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

R4R, that's AMAZING - well done girl!

Everyone sounds really chilled out here! I almost feel guilty coming on and bouncing all over the place haha!

I have not been relaxing (shocker, right?). I just got back from my run, am going to have a shower and then cycle up to Tesco's. I've been feeding my friend's cat while she was on holiday and she's back today, so I'm going to buy some sunflowers for her kitchen - I reckon if I was coming back from Greece to gloom and clouds, I'd like some sunflowers on my kitchen table.

I've been trying to keep to a writing target of 2000 words a day, which I've hit the last 4 days in a row (yay!) but I've also got to do the chores, and the shopping, and the laundry, and cycle up to the big pet store to get a new filter for the fish. And Jack will be home at 2. Eek! So I really should get my ass off SR and get moving!

Enjoy a chilled out Saturday all

Love you xxx
Old 07-28-2012, 03:19 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Still, I thoroughly recommend you take off your running shoes, padlock away your bike, put on your slippers and sit down for a while. Eating Twix ice cream too preferably.....
Old 07-28-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Haha! Me an Jack did really giggle over your Twix ice cream.

Fine, if it makes you feel better, we're renting a couple of movies this afternoon, buying a stack of junk and putting our recliners to good use. Happy?

xxxx
Old 07-28-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Yes thanks. I can have an afternoon nap now without worrying about you dashing about!!!
Have fun xxx
Old 07-28-2012, 10:17 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Jen.... Butter pecan ice cream for me please
Old 07-28-2012, 10:28 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Butter pecan?! I don't believe such a thing exists!!
Old 07-28-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
Butter pecan?! I don't believe such a thing exists!!
It does, I have some in my freezer from M&S

I just realised on the way home that today is 5 months for me Feeling pretty chuffed. And the 28th is my payday too so a bit of a double whammy every month.

Glad you're keeping busy Still. I'm assuming school has finished for you too now..? Are you writing a novel? x
Old 07-28-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

5 months?!
That is fantastic!! Wow, you've done so well xxxxxxx
Old 07-28-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Thanks Jeni I totally get the whole AVRT thing about not counting days but to me those milestones really put a smile on my face. I feel like it's a new birthday (Only at the moment I am celebrating every month!) x
Old 07-28-2012, 12:02 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Oh I'm counting milestones too, I think they're important in the beginning. I was happy with my 9 weeks yesterday! It seems a lifetime ago that I relapsed in some ways, but in others it seems like yesterday!
Really happy for you xx
Old 07-28-2012, 12:19 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Wow Hypo, 5 months already?!?! Amazing isn't it? Who would have thought that it could be done?! Well the beauty is that the seemingly impossible IS possible... makes you wonder what other kinds of things could be accomplished eh? It makes me so happy to hear how well you've done!

Go USA! It must be nuts over there with all the olympic madness going on? It was kind of funny to see the queen with James Bond in the opening!!
Old 07-28-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Thanks Job. Yup, I'm pretty amazed. It's nice that time is flying by now too, shows that I am enjoying myself rather than sat on my hands counting days. I will never forget how slow that first month was! Your sober date is the 3rd right?

And well done on 9 weeks Jeni xxx

I have missed all the Olympic madness up in the north here Job. Plus I'm not a sports fan and don't have a TV...I live in my own little bubble x
Old 07-28-2012, 12:50 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
Oh I'm counting milestones too, I think they're important in the beginning. I was happy with my 9 weeks yesterday! It seems a lifetime ago that I relapsed in some ways, but in others it seems like yesterday!
Really happy for you xx
9 weeks sweeeet! So awesome! I feel like that too... some days it seems like my last day was yesterday and at other times it feels like a different lifetime! Either way... well done!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
Thanks Job. Yup, I'm pretty amazed. It's nice that time is flying by now too, shows that I am enjoying myself rather than sat on my hands counting days. I will never forget how slow that first month was! Your sober date is the 3rd right?

And well done on 9 weeks Jeni xxx

I have missed all the Olympic madness up in the north here Job. Plus I'm not a sports fan and don't have a TV...I live in my own little bubble x
Yes August 3rd. It definately gets easier when counting days isn't a priority. I'd say month 3/4 have definately been the easiest... and they say it keeps getting easier so that's good news! That first month was indeed brutal... don't want to ever experience that again!

No TV? That's amazing! You do have a computer connected to the internet however so I'm not sure how much of a bubble you really live in. Anyway they had this scene in opening ceremony with Daniel Craig and the Queen that was pretty funny! I do love me some british humor!