Notices

Class of March 2012 Part 4

Old 09-26-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Hey! I read the previous page more carefully, feeling a bit more brave about trying out AA or NA, kind of helps that others are at point of trying it out too, encourages me. I too am a procrastinator. Definitely gonna try addiction counselor when I get back to U.S. Thanks Jobei, I am having a good night. It will be my third w/o messing around and I am past the hump!
Old 09-26-2012, 04:51 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Try to take it one day at a time. Sounds like a cliche but it's true. Don't worry about yesterday or the next day... just be sober for today!
Old 09-26-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Thank you, great reminder. I was just mentally kicking myself in the ass thinking of all the time I have wasted......thats a hole I dont want to go down
Old 09-27-2012, 03:42 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Remembering wasted time really hurts for sure. Try to remember that it's NOT all wasted. Your experience defines who you are at the moment, but what you do today defines who you WILL be in the future. Many people go through life without even trying to better themselves...
Old 09-30-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Checking in with you guys.....it has been WAY too long....glad to read INH's story.....Patty Lulu, you can do it! I don't talk much about it on here but I was on 50mg of Vicodin for 5 years when I first joined SR to quit both Vicodin and alcohol on March 27th, 2012, I have held true to the Vicodin and have only slipped a couple of times with alcohol. It BOGGLES my mind that it has now already been 6 months since I had a Vicodin when I was taking 35-50 10mg pills for 5 years straight WITH drinking.

For everyone else, much love and big hugs. I have been 45 days again without alcohol and feel on top of the world. I have been bad about checking in because I tend to get obsessive with thinking about not drinking or slipping. But I will be better! Talk soon!
Lee
Old 09-30-2012, 07:04 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hey Lee, good to see you man! I am glad to hear that you are MAKING things go well for yourself! I say that because the term "Things are going WELL for you" kind of bugs me... there's a lot of luck involved in that statement. I'm starting to realize that we can create our own LUCK by making good decisions and then over time it's not really luck at all is it? Don't be a stranger my friend!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:04 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Also, HYPO and JENI are you out there? Miss you two!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:25 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

I'm here Jobei, quit your shouting!!!!
I could hear you all the way from the Class of May!!
All ok with me on the sobriety front. Overworked and looking for ways to de-stress that don't involve drinking myself into oblivion at the mo. Hypo is around too, not sure where she's hiding. Try shouting again?!
How are things with you bro? How's your love-life? Need an up-date on your dating I feel....xxxx
Old 09-30-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hi Jeni Nice to hear from you today... it's a wonderful day to be sober! I just got through our busy season at work and I've got a lot of time on my hands which is nice. It was my birthday on friday and it was a really good one, the best in a while. When I think of how my life was on my last birthday it really makes me happy... I was downright miserable one year ago... things have gotten so much better and I am truly GRATEFUL for that!

Love life/dating is a work in progress! I'm still just testing the waters as when I was drinking I didn't really want anyone getting in the way of my bottle so I isolated myself a lot. Now I'm having to relearn all the things about women that I discovered in my teenage years and it's actually quite fun! Right now there's a lovely irish lady that I've been talking to that has some potential... she doesn't really drink at all and never has which is of course a big bonus on the score chart for me. Trying not to get my expectations up too much and just go with the flow on it... especially since she's about 11 years younger than me. At worse I hope to make a new friend. We're going out tomorrow night so I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks for asking.

Take care everyone, I hope all is well!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

That sounds good. Happy birthday for last Friday x.
I'd stopped visiting this thread as often as it was so quiet, and I post mainly in the May thread now.
It looks like its perked up a bit though!
Have a good week, and take care xxx
Old 09-30-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Job!!

Thanks for checking in with us Lee I understand what you mean about the obsession, I'm not sure how healthy or unhealthy that is but I think I need to be a bit obsessed with not drinking sometimes! I think my counsellor thinks I try too much but then I don't think he has ever been an alcoholic! I feel in a weird place really, physically I feel really good, no weird pains that I got while drinking and I am starting to socialize a bit more now and I don't feel uneasy when I'm out at all. But then I start forgetting why I quit and sometimes I have been having thoughts about drinking... I can't rationally see where they're coming from other than I just miss drinking sometimes, which is probably the first time I have really thought that since I quit.

Job... I have been on one date and said person didn't even make one comment on me not drinking (I'm doing a poll guys). He didn't say much about anything else though either, haha... moving on...

How are you doing PattyLulu?
Old 09-30-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread cos I'm bunking off...lol

We continue here...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-5-a.html

D