Notices

Class Of November 2011 Pt 6

Old 10-14-2012, 07:28 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Darren - forgot to add "Congrats on the 11 months sober!!!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 06:05 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Darren, I am on the west coast. North of Tampa. The weather is beautiful right now. Happy 11 Months!

Marine, I hope your voice comes back! I hate when the temps jump back and forth like that. I always get sick.

Not much going on today. I survived the swim clinic and actually had fun! I was nervous, but it turned out OK.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:11 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Marine28;3617281] ...I wish I had some witty comback. My husband was great at being quick with the comeback. I did tell the guy that this was not a date...Geeez.

Marine, that was a great comeback in mho. "…this is not a date." If that didn't make the guy check himself. When I read that, I thought to myself "you go, girl."

Also, regarding the people who invited you to join them…if they just felt sorry for you they wouldn't invite you to join them. They would just say hello and then talk about you over dinner. Guess I've learned and observed that some people won't go out of the way to call you or set up a date, but if they seen you or run into you, they are genuinely happy to see you. The vibe I got when I read your telling of that night is that those people wouldn't have asked if they didn't want your company. I'm big on coincidences and thought as I read, how cool that you run into this couple on a night when the company would probably do you good. Just my take…

I'm hanging in…have lost weight and am really on a different level with my exercise & diet these days. Had the strongest urge to drink on Friday night; haven't had my AV kick in like that in months. Strong, solid, and clearly, I thought "Man, I would just love a huge glass of cool, crisp, white wine." Had to struggle thought that most of the early part of Friday night. Oh well.

Have a good night everyone.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:34 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Is it me, or not drinking making me eat more???!!!! I have not stopped eating all day. At least I still have plenty of the "detox" food left and didn't wolf down ice cream, butter popcorn and the usual stuff. I have had about 10 cups of tea with honey for my throat. Maybe that's what making me eat!!!! LOL! Better get my a$$ in gear and start exercising.

Glad you pushed through the craving Vantrina! Good job. Tres, high of 55 tomorrow, then back in the 70's for two days then back to the 40's. I look forward to steady high temps.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:08 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

I am so envious of you guys with the warm weather! It is crap here.

Marine I agree with Van, I'm sure they genuinely wanted to hang out with you. People don't invite people to sit with them who they don't like. I think the sad truth is that people are just really self-involved, and don't think to reach out to people. But once they saw you they wanted to catch up.

Yeah not drinking sure made me eat a lot at the start. I think that's pretty common. I read actually that it is your body getting healthy again, craving nutrients after being starved for so long.

It's good that it's healthy stuff, and yes I think the sugar in the tea could definitely be triggering cravings! Your blood sugar is probably going crazy!

Tres way to go on getting out to your master's class. I know you are nervous about it-the more you do it the easier it'll get!

Hi Darren, congrats on 11 months! And thanks for checking in with us, it's always good to hear from you.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:02 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

During my first few months I gave myself permission to eat and drink whatever non-alcoholic foods and beverages I wanted….it helped.

Tres, the swim clinic sounds really interesting. Is the focus on form and racing?

Darren, happy 11 months! That is a big deal.

Weather has been nuts here…cool enough last Saturday to wear a turtleneck, warm enough on Sunday to wear shorts. I'm so confused! lol.

And for the good of the order, no matter what is going on in life, aren't things so much less complicated without alcohol? I mean everything just has an added level of simplicity to it now. Today, I'm really appreciative of that.

'Night all.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:08 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Vantrina, yes things are much simpler. I love it.

The swim clinic was to help teach you to be more comfortable in open water. Mainly for triathlon swimming. We learned techniques to help improve speed and all sorts of other tips.

I forgot to tell you guys that a small sting ray swam right under neath me while I was swimming to shore in shallow water. It was so cool to see it below me.

Busy day at the hospital today. So nice to not feel the anxiety about hurrying home to get a drink. That seems so stupid now..
Old 10-18-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Just another reason I live where I do.

Tomorrow is my 11 month mark...time to celebrate with a fresh bake apple pie and a cup oftea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
005.jpg (96.6 KB, 51 views)
Old 10-18-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Wow Bimm! That pic is so beautiful!

I love the smell of horses...weird, I know.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Gang - non stop travel for next three weeks. Will try to stay in touch when I can. Really busy. Nor much Internet access. Stay tough!!!!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:16 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Marine-Safe travels.

I had a dream last night about drinking and that I fell off the wagon big time. Boy, was I ever glad to wake up and still be sober after 11 months.

We're off to a gathering tonite where there will be a lot of beer. I don't know a lot of people at this event, but their drinking and potential drunkenness is not a threat to me.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Marine, be safe.
Bimm same with us .. a friend of a friend brews his own beer in his barn.he has a big Octoberfest every year. I didn't really want to go, but knew my husband would see old friends. Plus the guy lives on 4 acres and the kids just run and run. It was a nice party, and the drinking was heavy. My husband was trashed by 0830. He decided not to eat and keep drinking the 9% beer.

We were home by 10pm and he has already been throwing up on the bedroom carpet....nice. I am not even angry...not my problem. He can clean that up himself in the morning. I may sleep in the spre room because of the stinky beer smell....yuc...

That used to be me. There's a song by Brandon Heath..."I'm not who I was." I heard it today and it rings so true for me and for all of us. We are not who we used to be. I am so thankful..

Btw, I drank diet Snapple, half lemonade, half tea tonight...in a beer glass....no one even noticed...it looked like beer..

It scares me that some of those people are driving tonight....glad to be home safe.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:02 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Oh my god Bimm, I long to live in a place like that! You are so lucky! Us poor saps in the city, sigh.......
Yes safe travels Marine stay strong and check in when you can!
Tres, ugh, I'm so sorry you have to put up with that. It must be so annoying.
Oh yeah Bimm happy 11 months! One month to a year!!!!!!!

What's up Vantrina?

Et tu Catfry?
Old 10-21-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,

Marine, be sure to check in with us. Happy travels.

Congrats Bimm on hitting 11 months. The photo you posted is pretty…such a relaxing scene. Nice.

Tres, so sorry you have to deal with what you are going through. I admire that you are not feeling the need to clean up someone else's mess. Liking the Snapple and lemonade idea.

Had a good weekend. Stayed close to home today to catch up with myself…cooking, chores. Got to the gym later in the day than usual, but I got there. The entire family is turning in early tonight.

Uneventful is a good thing.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:42 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hubby slept half the day away, then didn't do much else.

I was up at 0700 feeling fabulous. He actually sent me a text from bed asking me to bring him some bread! I didn't read it until about an hour after he sent it...I thought ....Seriously?? Texting me from the bedroom to the living room? I almost laughed out loud.

I had a great day,cleaned, did laundry, went out to lunch with my daughter outside, washed and vacuumed my car, food shopping and then made an awesome chocolate cake.

We made orange colored frosting, then my daughter piped a chocolate spooky tree on top . She added mini snickers to sort of look like leaves. It was so cool! She loves art, and loves to bake. So fun to watch her get excited about creating something.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:46 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Craving wine big time. Going to try taking some herb called Kudzu. Took it in the past, didn't help, but I am willing to try it again. Heading to bed soon. It will pass.....
Old 10-21-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know I'm out of the loop here Marine - not enough of me to go round these days

weren't you going to AA?
did you find that helpful?

this was also helpful for me:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

I can also recommend the October Group, or the 30 days and Under group if you want feedback from people who are facing the same kinds of challenges you are tonight

D
Old 10-21-2012, 09:39 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hey Marine, hope you are well. Dee is right have you checked in with some under 30s? Don't leave us though! And you been checking in with AA at all? You can do it. I like that you're trying herbs.
I recently started taking 5-HTP for my anxiety and depression and I think it's really helping. I still struggle with issues but I've noticed I've been in a good mood a lot more lately.

Dee I love your Casper avatar!

Tres your daughter sounds so lovely.

Way to get to the gym Vantrina!

How was the party Bimm?
Old 10-22-2012, 05:49 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Marine, hope you are feeling the urge go away.

Ate a nice piece of that chocolate cake tonight. It was almost too pretty to eat.

Had my hair done today. Changed the color back to my natural..dark brown. The last three years its been auburn...just got tired of it. Decided I wanted a change for my 1yr anniversary coming up!

I think I might treat myself to a gym membership at the club I have been swimming at. Its a little higher than what I would want to spend. 70. A month. But I sure didn't mind spending twice that much on wine and vodka!

I think I am worth it. The trainers are awesome and they have the triathlon group. Good, sober people to hang out with. Plus motivating.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:03 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Yeah Tres! Sounds like a good positive mood and yeah think of the money you spent on booze.