Old 12-10-2012, 10:59 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

We're proud of you too Marine.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:58 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

30 days for me today.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Sorry for the late check in again everyone. Congrats to those who celebrated one year in November. My sober b-day was November 30th. A year ago on the 29th I was arguing with my wife and woke up the next day and knew that my marriage would not last if I kept drinking.
I'm beginning my fight against another demon that has roared its ugly head back into my life: smoking. Today is day one in my fight. Joined a gym yesterday and am fighting cravings like mad.
Marine - I hope things are working out for you. Congrats on 30 days!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:59 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 30 days Marine!

Cbcedd good luck quitting smoking, it is a B*tch, with a capital B. It can be done, though, just be strong and before you know it you'l be past the bad cravings and wondering why you ever started again. You can do it! Just don't give in!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Marine

D
Old 12-11-2012, 06:26 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Congrats Marine! Yay!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Marine, Congratulations on 30 days! Hugs all around.

Tres, your comment about your dogs pulling out the wood from your fireplace made me chuckle. I'm sure it is not too funny when it is YOUR fireplace, but the image and line brought a smile to my face none the less.

IP, so appreciate your insights. Thank you. No, I never thought about my former friend being drawn to me because I am a decent person. That's a refreshing thought. Again, thanks for your thoughtful words.

Tres, good for you for going with your gut, leaving the party early and getting up to run 8 miles in the a.m. Bet you felt empowered after that. Good for you. Thanks for the kind words also.

We just got our tree tonight; I tried to string lights but just didn't like how things looked so I unstrung twice. lol….will attempt again tomorrow night. Got home so late from work tonight, didn't work out, and accepted that the time was just not right to decorate the tree. Some how I know everything will come together by the 23rd.

Have a passing hankering for champagne…but when I "think it through to the end" I realize ginger ale will do the trick and it won't leave me stupid or bloated. lol

Night Ninjas.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:35 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.
Busy work week. Nothing exciting going on. I will confess I am eating way to much holiday food at work...need to just say NO!

I did say no to 2 holiday parties. Just don't have time to fit it all in..no need to street myself.

Think back to a year ago....wow, what a difference a year makes.

Hope everyone is good.
IP, is school kicking your butt? I think you are finished soon?

On a somber note...my I laws are coming for two weeks!! Holy cow. I will be repeating the serenity prayer often. They come on the 20th.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Lol...I meant stress myself!
Old 12-12-2012, 11:32 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Tres-I have my last final tomorrow FINALLY. This term is just dragging on and on. Ugh. Excited for some projects I want to work on for the rest of the break and the upcoming term is project based and we have the internship so a lot to look forward to! Including being DONE and getting my diploma! That will be a great day.

No problem Van, like I said I have way too much experience dealing with manipulative, selfish people. But it happens to the best. Really.

I have to say I don't miss the tree this year! We might put up a little one at the holiday house.

I've escaped the holiday treats so far as I am doing a whole foods cleanse until the 20th. No dairy, sugar, grains or legumes for me, for a week now. I miss cheese.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:02 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Morning Everyone,

Good luck on your final IP. Admire that you are doing a whole food cleanse until next week.

I hope to do something similar, but after the holidays. Lol, i'm too far gone at this point…at least in my head. Been eating chocolate chip chunk cookies, one a day since Saturday. Not the best, but, I've enjoyed every one, knowing this is temporary.

Crazy busy at work this week. Taking a moment now to center before doing my hair and letting the rush begin. It should be a good day…busy, but good.

You are right Tres, think back to where we all were last year ago. It does make a difference…worse day sober is better than the best day drinking.

Off I go….have a good and sober day everyone.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Vantrina, well said!

IP, Congrats on being finished with the exam!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Thanks, yay! It feels incredible right now to be done with that crazy term.

Van in case you're interested, here is the cleanse I'm doing.

http://whole9life.com/category/whole-30/

This year I'm hardly thinking about drinking. Last year this time I was going nuts. We're having company on SUnday and this time all I'm thinking about is the treats I'm going to serve them and whether I'm going to break my cleanse or not!

Have a lot of baking and shopping to do! I love it though. Puts me in the holiday mood.

I wish it would snow. Just been raining buckets but it's clear today yay! Going for a hike.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:58 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

What a horrific tragedy today in CT. My heart aches for the families there.

I needed some Christmas music. Went to a small Baptist church with some friends and watched their Christmas musical celebration. It was fantastic. Just what I need to hear. The choir and band were amazing. I used to sing in a choir and I now realize I miss it.. something to think about ...when I have more time...LOL.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:03 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

I agree Tres. I work in a school and yesterday's events are just soul-sucking. What a tragedy.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

someone said it best when they said 1000 years of promise gone.
Heartbreaking.

D
Old 12-15-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for a new thread guys.

Join us here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...11-pt-7-a.html

D