I'll be joining you folks in 30 days!
Old 10-13-2012, 09:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Euphoric Recaller

Congrats on 11 months Darren!
Old 10-13-2012, 09:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Euphoric Recaller

So Itchy, where'd you get that avatar? From a movie?
Old 10-13-2012, 11:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A busy and lovely weekend is drawing to a close. Today I spent the day alone, but did not feel lonely....just relaxing and rejuvenating in readiness for the week ahead. Ahhhhhhhhh

Welcome aboard Robc

Itchy...... I have been a little bamboozled by your last comment my way. But yea, the bit about weeman, I am lucky to have a wonderful boy like him in my life, and yes...I recognise that he is so wonderful partially down to me. Give credit where its due....his dad has a bit to do with it too. As for the rest.... ...... not sure what you were referring to so....not getting it? Maybe I am being particularly thick lately!

Frances....your insights are wonderful, so happy for you hun, despite the roadblocks thrown you & hubbies way! You rock!

have a wonderful new week Overs..... hope it brings loads of happy moments fro you all
Old 10-14-2012, 04:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee for the new thread. I love it that our One Year and Over club is now up to a Part 8.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning Overs

I've been busy in the whining section of the site. Tough week! So I have no idea what's going on over here. Plus since the thread was so long, I was having trouble reading it on my computer. I'll catch up

I'm going to a B&B for a few days tuesday in New Hope PA. Can't wait to get out of the city and into some fresh country air. Yeah!!!

But the Yankees lost last night, so that's a downer.

Happy Sunday to all
Old 10-14-2012, 08:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Rob,
I don't remember where I got it. I have pics and links from the last 17 years that have come from all over. It wasn't my first avatar here. Someone started using my first one that says Instant Idiot, Just Add Beer. I think once we use an avatar it stays here usable by others. I hope no one tries to use this one too.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Manz, I was empathizing with your comment about courage to dig through some of your issues in saying that we all look to people and surroundings first for causes to some issues that just turn out to be inside us, and not so bad really. I am glad you feel you are making headway. If bamboozled means you thought it was critical, sorry no. Quite the contrary. I haven't a bamboozling bone in my body.

You wrote:
"Today, despite almost 28 years of avoidance, denial, compartmentalising and beating myself up I took the first steps to a real recovery of my soul. I started trauma therapy. It is terrifying and overwhelming......but I am having the courage finally to do this. This is huge. So yes...courage, we are all very courageous people here in our own ways."

I answered:
" Manz,
It is so easy to blame others for us alkies. Everyone won't recover, a sad but indisputable fact. And of those who do, some are dry drunks and not moving forward to gain insight and skills they need that were never learned or unused so long we forgot them. You're lucky to have the amazingest wee man in the world, who shows you what you look like, through the eyes of a child."

I think that when we see through the eyes of a child we can see through. I blame your weeman and you for your recovery and dealing with your past trauma to live without the internal residues today. I was trying to say you are courageous and lucky. I am glad for you and will say it simply. You go girl.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Lyddie,
It has been more than a year since you guys started this and soon two years. It was a couple of months before I was eligible like Darren now, so it was started in June? July? August? 2011. Time flies!

Pip,
Sounds wonderful!
Old 10-14-2012, 09:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Morning overs and thanks to Dee for our shiny-new thread.

I supported my friends yesterday to help them with their last 20-mile run before the NYC marathon, and clocked 15 miles on tired legs in the process. This led to even more-tired legs. The upside is that I am at my desk doing $$$$billable$$$$ work and am not antsy-pants at all about it. My legs are perfectly happy sitting here.

Went to a fun chili cook-off yesterday with friends. There was a whole pack of 10-and-under kids careening around and eating too much sugar. FUN. I admire how the parents let kids-be-kids and not squelch their fun, while ensuring basic safety and rules.

Back to work!
Old 10-14-2012, 10:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Frances,
I feel cardio just reading your posts! Thanks for the chipper pick up.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
Lyddie,
It has been more than a year since you guys started this and soon two years. It was a couple of months before I was eligible like Darren now, so it was started in June? July? August? 2011. Time flies!

Pip,
Sounds wonderful!
Itchy - July 2011 sounds right. The One Year had existed before and Least revived it for us by searching through old posts. We just need Murray and LaFemme to stop by with the cider doughnuts for a visit to celebrate our new Part 8 thread.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I'd love to see that happen Lyddie. Haven't seen T in awhile.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Euphoric Recaller

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
I think once we use an avatar it stays here usable by others. I hope no one tries to use this one too.
Really? I'm selfish. I don't want anyone using my avatar!
Old 10-14-2012, 05:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Wow I did not know those in the pull down menus were avatars that had ownership. When I signed up I went through them like they were my choices. Shoot! I feel bad karma on me. I'll find another.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Smile Rain Rain Rain

Evening Overs,

Its been a rather long day of football. The 1st game watched was Dallas Cowboys and Baltimore Ravens, and literally at the end of the game Dallas could have won but they not only missed a 2pt conversion they also missed a field goal, so IMO they deserved to lose. Ravens 31-Cowboys 29

Then the game I was waiting for my two teams played each other. New England Patriots & Seattle SeaHawks. This was an awesome game all the way to the end where Seattle pulled out the win by 1pt Hawks 24 - Pats 23.
Now my Dad and brothers all rooted for the Pats of course being from Boston and all, and now that I live in the Seattle area I root for the hawks. So me & my Dad had a few calls back and forth to each other.

Its been raining for 3 days so its not like there was a whole lot to do outside for me so I just relaxed and stared at the boob tube.

Now I am waiting for Dexter on Show time everyones favorite serial killer. Yes I have a bit of a demented side to me. lol

Have a great week all.

Last edited by newby1961; 10-14-2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: missed a word.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:57 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not sure you're right about resusable avatars Itchy.

Not saying that's not the case - not my area - but I can't see why we'd co-opt people's BYO avatars...

maybe things like 'instant idiot' are just popular searches on Google?

D
Old 10-14-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Euphoric Recaller

And of course... nothing stops someone from just saving your avatar pic on their comp and then uploading it as their avatar.