Notices

One Year and Over Club- Part 6

Old 08-08-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Lofty..congrats and welcome!!!!!

Wooohoooo!! I got a quick response to my job application this time..... "You sound like a perfect fit, I'll be in touch early next week for an interview"....Yay!!!! That is a great boost that I needed. Will keep you up to date.

Right gotta run to get weeman to school.!!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you'll fit right in Lofty - welcome

D
Old 08-08-2012, 05:56 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Lofty,

Congratulations for one year. This is a great accomplishment. Hopefully, you will have many more.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:09 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

(( HUGS )) Newby. It sounds like you are already being there for her in the best way possible - sober and available.

Congratulations Lofty and Welcome!
Old 08-08-2012, 06:09 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Old 08-08-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Nite overs! Welcome lofty! More hugs for newby and prayers for your sister.

Congrats Manz!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:11 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Re-Member

R&A,
I hope you got your HD fixed.

Manz terrific!

Lofty!

LB,
Pretty nice having your folks become real when you do.

Newby,
Yes I have been there, most of us have. I am proud for you, now is the time and you have closed your circle.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:23 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Thanks, Itch. It's getting a new drive under warranty at the Apple store. They say i might get it back Saturday. They may call themselves geniuses, but nobody's gonna call them fast.

Have I mentioned I do not enjoy typing on glass?

Good for you, Manz. You deserve to be working with folks who fully appreciate you.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:05 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
instant

Great stuff lofty welcome. I continue to be amazed that it continues to get better. My thinking is clearer, I seem to handle stress better without denying my emotions. sobriety rocks.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:15 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Congrats on your 1 year Lofty and welcome to the Overs! Beautiful dog you've got there.

Good luck manz on the job.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:25 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Yep ya did R&A,
I am doing that now too and hate it. I have taken to reading the news while watching Today in the background. Mine is the Samsung 10.1, but i really only use it for looking things up, light reading, and watching movies on Netflix with noise cancelling in ear sets when my SH is watching The Food Network.

If you're using a phone you at least avoid the sore left arm from holding it for an hour at a time!

I do my own computers, and like to swap out my own hardware for that very reason. I keep spares here at the house. Ok gotta get off this and go to the desktop. Blew this morning!
Old 08-09-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Kablume! Good to read you more often!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:47 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

As much as I'd like to pull the computer apart, Itch, Apple frowns on that. Says it invalidates the warranty. No faith in my abilities, it would appear. Luckily, my lawnmower is acting up, so I can console myself with that.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:05 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Whoa! Sorry, I don't do Apple and had no idea they really don't let you work on your own system yourself? For me that would be like having to bring mine to the Geek Squad!

:rotfxko
Luckily? Now I hate overhauling small engines. Much messier than doing computers. Hey it is 10 over in your time zone but midnight here, nite bud.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

Yup, that's the main reason I refuse to get an Apple. I just...no way. I like tinkering, I like fixing, I like doing my own stuff. *nods*

Well big boss talked to me yesterday, finally. I guess he had a change of heart or the person that was handing out the tickets for him wanted to make up a big fat lie and get me rowled (both are possible knowing the guy that hands the tix out). So, I have my company picnic tix in hand for Kings Island. I also said to him "Well, I'm on a roll so I'll keep going" and asked him about my vacation time. Four days (all that I had left) coming to me. Yay!

I will take this high level cosmic playing field I am on and ride it....fanning the waves as I can!

I hope everyone has a nice weekend!!
Old 08-10-2012, 06:19 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

LB -
Old 08-10-2012, 10:43 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Way to go, LB!

Actually I consider Apple's warranty second to none. 100% parts and labor coverage, and most repairs done right at the local store. I think most warranties place limits on DIY tinkering.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

I have to admit, I've avoided Apple too, and then my kids got me an ipad. I leave it out for all to use, and it comes in handy for stuff like this (with a bluetooth keyboard). Problem is printing with no airprint (or whatever it is) printers. Also comes in handy for weather, recipes, general stuff. I hear I will be able to enjoy making presentations for client meetings too, but I'm not there yet.

About the warranty...my son has been to the Apple store for his ipod on numerous occasions for at fault stuff, broken screens, etc. They've always repaired or replaced free of charge. You gotta love that.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Totally! A friend of mine spilled a glass of water on his fiance's week-old laptop, frying it. He admitted what happened, and they still replaced it free, right on the spot.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  
Re-Member

LB that is terrific. It isn't anything more cosmic than your own maturing in your sobriety and your life. You are to be congratulated. Your ability to fix things in proportional to your confidence that you can you know. You can, you know, can the can'ts!

R&A,
I sent you a PM. You can do DIY replacements as one of the Mac warranty options. My reading over the years has been not good for them. Links in the PM. I'll stick with my one of millions Windows units. In fact I am getting rid of all my Google Android garbage once Windows 8 comes out in October, including my Galaxy Tab 10.1. I have been running Windows 8 since last year when the developer's preview came out, then the consumer preview, and now run the release preview until they sell me Win 8 Pro for 40 bucks from October release until 31 January. For those who bought a Windows 7 new computer this year in the qualifying period they can get their upgrade to Window 8 for $14.99! At least MS and Apple are not in business of advertising revenues only, and tracking everything private like Google. Ok Rant over!