SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year and Over Club- Part 6 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/259925-one-year-over-club-part-6-a.html)

Thread Splitter 06-17-2012 07:55 PM

One Year and Over Club- Part 6

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-21.html

ReadyAndAble 06-17-2012 09:38 PM

What the _____?

I mean, I'm grateful for a new thread and all, but who is Thread Splitter? Is that Dee's alter ego? It sounds like a comic book villain... And Gene Wilder is cool but also really creepy in that movie...

Hmmmmm....

Is it even safe to post here?

Dee74 06-17-2012 09:41 PM

It's a new thing the owners are trialling...all perfectly legit LOL

D

Itchy 06-17-2012 10:34 PM

Yeah I liked Gene much better in Young Frankenstein "Put, The Candle, BACK!" with none other than my alter ego Marty. "Abby, Abby Normal!"
:lmao
He was creepy in Wonka.

I think the correct question is what is threadsplitter, rather than who is it.

Manz 06-17-2012 11:00 PM

Oh I have missed a lot....and threadsplitter????? Does sound rather creepy. ;-)

I have been sick, again, over it....but had a nother day off work today unpaid!

Hi to the newcomers, and those returning. Great to have yu here.

I am really excited...... i liberated some extra funds(heehee) and instead of spending it paying a bill I have decided to do something for my boy!!!! He has wanted to see real snow for a while and asked again a few months back............... so I am taking him to the snow for a couple of days holiday!!!!!!! Woohoo. There is a region in NZ that has active volcanoes, one of which(Mt Ruapehu) is home to 2 of the best ski fields up this way. How much does that rock!!!!!!! I have hired a cheap cottage and Weeman and I will be doing all things snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway my Overs friends.....take it easy Overs! :-)

instant 06-18-2012 02:41 AM

Thank you threadsplitter for all the thread-splitting and troubled water calming that you do.

Freud is no longer with us but maybe you really want to split heads occasionally ??

Looking forward to another sober week. It's getting fairly natural for me know the anxieties of "what after 12 months" has passed.

least 06-18-2012 03:45 AM

What movie is that that Gene Wilder is in from the avatar pic? (I loved him in Young Frankenstein)

Had a disturbing drinking dream last night. I was at some function and was trying to sneak gin into my ginger ale.:( I knew it was wrong but kept trying to do it anyway...:( No idea what set that off...

Up early and ready for Monday.:)

Dee74 06-18-2012 03:50 AM

its Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory least :)
D

LotusBlossom 06-18-2012 06:05 AM

Duhhh. That signature says (ITS HUGE HOW CAN I MISREAD IT) "500th post" not SOOTH post. I'm sitting here thinking "It's another Mel Brooks reference. But Gene Wilder isn't in that one. Where are the mods going with this business?!"

Friday night ended up going out to a massive, massive, massive international market here to pick up some T-Bones for father's day cookout, florida sweet corn, sweet potatoes, some on nom nom nommy blueberries and nectarinessssss. SO GOOD! Then ate out at a mongolian grill with my brother and his girlfriend. I didn't end up getting home until nearly 11pm! Unheard of for my homebody-ness! Saturday I got all primped and ready to go meet my old friend 2 hours away. I left 3 hours before to drive the 90 minutes as I didn't want to be late. I'm up there just putzing around trying to find a little place to have coffee and he texts me saying "WOAH I just woke up. So I'm running late. Maybe we can meet around 4?" It's 12:30pm. I'm like..."Sure. I will just find some book stores or a mall to go to." Of course he's super smart and is like "you're already there, proverbially early (old habits die hard) aren't you."
Long story short this went on until around 5:30pm when he was finally like "I can't get away from the groom's place until around 7:30pm tonight they're not letting me. I'm really sorry."
We weren't even sure if we'd be able to meet up. So I wasted a whole day up there. I just wish I hadn't been so excited about seeing him and left a book at home.

We had a great father's day and gorged ourselves silly which is something we really don't do anymore. It was nice to see no one really drinking either. My mom still does some but not nearly as much as she did which is why I think our relationship has improved (she would always try and pressure me to drink with her even after I quit). My step dad drinks maybe once a month to every other month now, though when before he'd drink a 6 pack a night.

I came home with 2 ears of corn (holy cow! If you can get some Florida sweet corn right now by the way its so good at the moment!!!), half a T-Bone and a baked potato - score!, a load of clean laundry, and a smaller pair of jeans that fit from my mom!

Super busy weekend overall :).

I really need to get better about emailing this one gentleman back that I found from eharmony. He's here in the same town as me. Plays piano/into classical music, enjoys opera, likes biking, hiking, some sports, reading, video gaming, is a huge trivia buff (trivial pursuit/jeopardy etc) on and on and on. Honestly. It was like I was reading my own profile. It's just FOR ONCE I've actually been BUSY with crap and not just putting someone off.

Oh - and I have a second job interview tomorrow for a position in central illinois. All scheduled now. Pretty nervous. It's with the manager.

Headaches before were just a nuisance with only some moderate in intensity. Now they are around the clock and extremely intense. They are starting to beat down my psyche again. I can really feel it. When will it end? Never?

I hope all the father's had a great weekend.

And everyone else too.

Really missed my grandpa this weekend. A lot.

Have a good day all.

LDT 06-18-2012 06:15 AM

LB I have a bushel of Silver Queen sweet corn on the cob from Alabama in my frig right now. It's heavenly :) Good luck with the job interview, btw.

Morning Overs .... had a nice weekend .... dodged some rather intense "bullets", but still came out alive and sober! It does get easier, doesn't it?

Manz, sorry to hear you're feeling poorly.

At first the thread splitter was kind of spooky. Now....not so much :)

Happy sober Monday, friends!

frances2011 06-18-2012 06:52 AM

Happy Monday Overs.

Have a business call in 9 minutes. I'm going to be calm and confident about it instead of catastrophizing.

Kablume 06-18-2012 07:03 AM

It took me a minute to realize that Threadsplitter was thread splitting. I roll that way sometimes.

Have a good day today!

Rusty Zipper 06-18-2012 06:03 PM

keep coming kab! lol

ReadyAndAble 06-18-2012 09:11 PM

I didn't mean to cast any aspersions upon Thread Splitter. In fact I just sent TS a friend request. It's surprising that a robot with a fondness for quirky films doesn't have any friends yet.

Itchy 06-18-2012 09:42 PM

R&A
Perhaps it is all tied up in the warp and weave of its threadbare existence. :lmao

Dee74 06-18-2012 11:25 PM

Perhaps he considers himself a cut above?

D

Manz 06-19-2012 12:23 AM

So... threadsplitter is a He huh??? The mystery is becoming less mysterious.

Still at home sick, pooooo. Hate to be sick and also hate not getting any wages because of it. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

instant 06-19-2012 12:58 AM

I am glad I gave up drinking for this

Dee74 06-19-2012 01:31 AM

just going on the avatar, Manz LOL

D

LotusBlossom 06-19-2012 05:24 AM

I bit the big one and made an appointment at a different neurologist yesterday. I have a followup as I said with mine on friday. I just know from what he said last time that our only other option is surgery and based on my research, I know there's more out there. It's just that he's not willing to try more options. I'm not willing to take that for an answer. Not yet. Looking back on this point in 5 years maybe I'll regret it. But I won't be able to change it.

The only downfall is that the doctor I made an appointment with cannot see me until August 16th...and if things go well with this job interview I told them as long as I could give a month to my employer from the time I accepted a position, things were kosher. Which means....I may not even be in this area.

One step at a time. Stressing myself out about things that have yet to have happened certainly isn't helping my headache. I also don't know if me coming off my anti-depressant is causing an increase in intensity in headaches too. I'm going on the end of the second week of that. I want to get off of some of this extraneous medication. I'm sick of it. :(.

Really...really nervous about today. Trying to go into it cool, calm and collected like I was the first one.

More aspirin/tylenol is in order for today too. I take it sparingly even though I'd love to pop the entire bottle every day. I just grit through the pain. Yay. I want as little pain though for tonight's conversation as I can garner.

Hope you all have a good one.