Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 16

Old 05-31-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Thanks, Mirage. Oddly, I was thinking about doing the same, but I can't figure out how to get back to the beginning. I think I can only see the last 500 posts or something. I'd really like to go back and see my first posts, before I went back out. My memory of that time is a bit fuzzy. But, then again, so is my memory of yesterday. LOL.

Good night, all!
Old 05-31-2012, 05:12 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I just went to the Newcomer Daily Support Threads and it's on like page 13. I have the option to go back to page 1. I think our threads start at around page 4. Hope that helps.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:42 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Thanks, Mirage. Got it. I have now reviewed all my posts, and don't see a lot has changed, so I'm going back to drinking.....NOT!!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 05:17 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Lol lofty!

Maine! Good morning! Left home at 5pm and got here at midnight, hit construction.

I eat lobster occasionally but what I love more is local caught haddock. Simple girl, simple pleasures! But today I'm going to go find berries, might be too early yet.

Aussie! Thinking of you!

Mwah!
Old 06-01-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Yay Maine! Boo lobster.

Something is wrong with the tv. The picture's gone wonky. A bit like you're watching it through a soft focus lens. It's darker and the brightness setting doesn't help it. I'm annoyed today..hope you all are not.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:10 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Sorry about that, Mirage. I'm a little cranky today too. Just have a cracker with peanut butter or nutella or cheese or something and take it with your pill. Its not like you need a meal, is it? Better yet, take it with a baked lobster and drawn butter!
Old 06-01-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Oh my, you were quick! I already deleted that. lol Thanks, you're right I know..I'm gonna have a hard boiled egg. I'm just bitchin cuz I can. NO!! I said BOO LOBSTER!!
Old 06-01-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

ROCK lobster!

Hey...this sounds like the fight,, er, conversation my wife and I had this morning. Ya' know what a kitchen sink fight is? It's when there's an issue, like a lie that I called her on, and all of a sudden, she says I hate her, I want a divorce, I this, I that...everything but the kitchen sink!

Please, period, just come and be over with.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Old 06-01-2012, 08:58 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Lol @ kitchen sink fight! Hang in there, kiddo!

You, too, Bryan!

I'm going to Costco in the rain.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

ROCK LOBSTER!

BELLY FULL OF HADDOCK. The owner of the fish shack we go to remembered us and threw in a little extra. It's kinda like the Soup Nazi, but nice. You be very polite to the lady who owns the boat, catches the fish, and fries it up for you. She closes the window when that morning's catch is gone. Holy cow it's good.

Sending storm-passes vibes to Lofty!

Discovered what might be the Holy Grail of finer clothes consignment store. Planning to go back when DH isn't with me so I don't have to rush.

Waiting for an email to do a little job then back out into the sunshinel
Old 06-01-2012, 10:26 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Awesome times, Frances! And sunshine to boot. We've got rain today. But this shall pass. Having a good day despite any torpedoes.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Don't go to Costco if you're already generally annoyed with people.

That sounds really good, frances, (for you fish lovers). Doesn't get fresher than that! Glad you're getting good weather. Lofty and I are drowning and cold.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hey Dee! What's up with Aussie? Do you know?

I can't speak for the Michigan Costco, but our Cinci Costco is awesome. Lines are long on Fridays and weekends, so we go at lunch Mon - Thurs, usually. Now Walmart, that's a place to avoid if you are irritable, unless you are armed and want to go postal.

Hey Aussie!!! I see you there! What's up, my friend!?
Old 06-01-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi everyone, sorry for taking off with out letting you all know. My husband wisked me off for a surprise short vacation , I had know idea I was going. We went to Coffs Harbour and stayed at the Opal Cove resort (really nice) we had a great time , we saw a couple of movies ,checked out the shops, ten pin bowling and a lot of fine dining. The bad news is I was drinking the whole time , down to happy hour everyday and wine with dinner. The atmosphere was just to much for me. I know I had a choice and I made the wrong one , I guese I just wanted one last holiday like that.
I am back to day 3.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

just glad you're back aussie

D
Old 06-01-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
orangutan

I am glad I am here too Dee!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Now my stomach is full of whole wheat pasta with garden snow peas (brought from home) carrots and spinach.

And chocolate.

MWAH AUSSIE! Glad you are here.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:28 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Really glad you are back here, Aussie. I have a vacation coming up at the end of the month, and I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought of taking a vacation from sobriety then as well. Now that I've written it, I realize how much I was suppressing that notion from my consciousness. Maybe that's why I've been telling more people in my life. Lots of folks I work with who are new in the last year, but are significant to me. They've all been nothing but supportive, thankfully.

It sounds like a great vacation, and what a great husband to surprise you like that!

Take it easy, my friend! And thank you for your honesty!
Old 06-01-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
orangutan

Thanks Lofty ,I knew the second I left home it was going to happen, I am not even going to try to explain it , I just wanted it, but now it's done and I am home, sober is where I want to be and I am going to have to work hard to be there. I was nervous about telling you guys because I have messed up not long ago and expected to get a lecture, so thanks for welcoming me back.
I hope your holiday is a good one Lofty .