Class of March 2011 Part 16

continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-15-a-21.html

D
Old 05-23-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

I like your new threads, Dee!

Have a great night, all! Off to daughters spring chorus concert.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lofty's first and he didn't even brag about it!

WOW Bryan..absolutely gorgeous. Ya know..we were all gonna meet at frances' place one day, but now it looks like you have plenty of room for our pop-up tents. REUNION AT BRYAN'S HOUSE!! hahaha. Really pretty, you must love it.

Just had dinner with the rents. I'm a bit crabby... I've been around people too much lately. Too much stimulation..the curse of being an introvert. Looking forward to going up north again I guess, tho more company up there and little alone time. I'll have to make some for myself, I think. Hope you're all having a great evening/morning!
Old 05-24-2012, 03:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Good morning, all! I just realized...this is our sweet 16 thread! We're all grown up. Can I have the keys, mom?

Nothing new to report. Dog's sleeping better but getting into more mischief during the day. I had her started on fetching the newspaper thsi week, but today she ran across the cul-de-sac to a tree, so we had a setback.

I definitely think my ADD meds were contributing to my mood. The farther I get from them, the more even I feel. I think its time to flush the remaining ones.

Have a great day, my friends.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Morning!

Quick one but thank you Dee for our Sweet Sixteen thread.

Have a great day everyone!

MIRAGE, absolutely completely loved your shares last thread. Awesome clarity. Awesome. The bit about us being nondrinkers so booze just isn't an option...so perfectly expressed. Really meaningful for me.

More later! Mwah!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sixteen Candles! Morning all...heading into the 'first weekend of summer'....ah fond memories of the Jersey Shore always run through my mind this time of year. My family always gathered at the shore this weekend as my folks lived on Long Beach Island for years. It was the 'birthday weekend'. Two of my brothers and my daughter all have birthdays on 25th, 26th & 27th--then mine is next week. Miss those times--so hard to get us all together anymore. I have been talking to my folks every night lately as my father is still in the hospital, leaving my mother (who is in a wheelchair) at home by herself. She is a tough old country girl though, knows how to fend for herself & refuses 'assisted living'. Thursday night is my favorite meeting of the week--"AS Bill Sees it"..it is a tight knit group of 15+/- that has been gathering for about a year & a half now. Just good old AA commraderie. Grateful for this sight being here as it is a refreshing pit stop along the way during life's sometimes challenging day. I feel at times, even just reading some posts, that I get a taste of a recovery meeting. For that I am grateful.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey, we're heading up north tonight. I usually don't post when I'm up there as I don't take a computer cuz there's no internet. I do have my phone but I've never checked SR with it. Anyway..just letting you know that if I'm MIA, that's why. If I don't check in, I'll be thinking about you (my brother is coming up, too, and he drinks pretty consistently). Hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy the weather and your families!!
Old 05-24-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Have tons of sober fun, Mirage! I'm jealous, but our vacation is just a few weeks away.

Whew! What a day. It's amazing what a difference starting your day in prayer can mean to you.

Wife just left with daughter to see the Reds. I passed, as I have quite a bit of work to do to get ready for upcoming meetings. I engaged a little better today, cause I had a big case to work on that popped out of nowhere.

Have a great evening, all!
Old 05-25-2012, 05:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Morning!

Happy today and looking forward to the weekend.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Editor

Good Day all!
Got the girls off on there trip to Orlando and have lined up fishing trips for the entire weekend. Yay me! I would rather have a weekend of fishing and no responsibilities than a week of vacation any day. To each his own I guess. I love this time of year.

Mirage have a wonderful weekend and get that alone time.....we are very much alike in that aspect.

Sixteen candles...I loved that movie. "The Donga need food!"

Have a wonderful weekend!!!!!!
Dave
Old 05-25-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Everyone enjoy their Memorial Day weekend! Keep safe, catch fish, love life, family and friends! Oh yeah, and don't drink!
Old 05-25-2012, 02:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a great weekend everyone

D
Old 05-26-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Checking in to say HI MARCHERS.

Fun potluck last night with my running friends. The drink of the night was "Hide the Vodka" as in, fruit juice and vodka. LOL. Several of us were running this morning, so the only person who was even tipsy was the hostess.

Supposed to be 8 miles this morning but the heat socked us, and we walked a quarter mile here and there. Total by the time we got back to the car: 9.75.

Now going to a surprise graduation party and then to the CABIN for the rest of the weekend.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Sounds like a great weekend, Frances! Especially the cabin part. One question, though, is someone you know surprised to be graduating? LOL.

We have a nice tame weekend. Kids are all working, I chaired my meeting this a.m., and now I'm cleaning the garage. I may also hang the new garage door opener and install a utility sink, but that sure sounds ambitious, doesn't it? We're having a burgers and dogs cookout for a small group of close friends tomorrow night and taking it easy on Monday. Glad that I don't have to spend $100 on booze for the weekend, and then have it blow by, drunk, and wondering why nothing got done.

Enjoying my meetings and my recovery bible and workbook. I think I'll finally be able to get through those pesky steps!

It sounds like most are gonna be out of pocket for the weekend, and my check ins will be limited as well. Stay safe, all!
Old 05-28-2012, 07:39 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Editor

Good morning Marchers
What a great weekend! fished ate fish and fished. It doesnt get any better than that....for me.Took my best friends boy on his first trip and it was awesome. The fish cooperated and the seas were calm.
I am at work today which just seems wrong. How is this not a recognized holiday. We live in one of the biggest military towns in the us and we are not recognizing there service....how does that work? It is a peeve of mine.....I will just suck it up and deal with it. I would complain to upper management.......but none of them are hear....go figure. Anywho......enjoy each and every day and try not to dwell on the bothersome stuff. It is part of life.
Peace
Dave
Old 05-28-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

I enjoyed the video, Dave. Nice boat. Weekends like this make me wish I hadn't sold mine last summer. Oh well, they'll make more for me, I'm sure.

Sorry you have to work, but someone's got to be there for the sick and injured, right?

I have the day off, and I now have spent 4 hours trying to fix the internet. If the TimeWarner roadrunner were next to me right now, I'd throttle him! Oh, and they went to international help desk. It's probably a good thing the guy helping me is in India, so I can't find him and throttle him.

And now my wife's mad because I had to have her log onto her work intranet to be sure it works and she's not at the pool like she wants to be. Why did I stop drinking again? Oh yeah, so I could deal with people who **** me off in a sane and rational manner.

Rant! RAVE! Ok, glad that's out....
Old 05-28-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

We're home!! Bloody hell it's hot out there! Raced home to get the windows shut and the air on. It'll be 30 degrees cooler in like 3 days. Weather is fascinating. We were sittin by the fire yesterday and now it's 92.

Weekend went great. The men folk caught lots of fish..the winner was a 16 1/4 inch bass by BEN! haha. He won the tourney! We were a bit short on people as some of our neighbors up there couldn't make it, so it made it a little easier to win. He was pretty excited. Got the boys out tubing twice, one day of rain, fish fry on Sunday, and no binge drinking nights by the hubby or brother!

Yay Dave..lotsa fishing sounds great! (but wtf on having to work today? You're totally right that it's not right.) I'll check out that vid, I haven't had a chance yet.

Lol Lofty..yes, that sounds WAY ambitious. Have a lemonade and put your feet up. Did you have your feet up when you were swearing at the Indian guy? I'm hoping so.

Hope your weekend at the cabin was great, frances! Same for you, PBC, Bryan, Rosie, fudger and the like!

Hope aussie and dee had a great non-holiday weekend, too!! Weather check: what temps are we lookin at down there, you two??

P.S. I really missed you guys.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

G' morning, all.

Glad to hear your weekend was grand, Mirage. Biggest fish is awesome!

We had a restful weekend, mostly. Kids worked a lot, and we had some friends over for a cookout on Sunday. It was okay. Not like the olden days. In fact, at the end, I was kinda missing my AA folks from the meeting I missed. But the wife had fun, and so did my son and daughter. I had an okay time. I did miss the drink, especially in the heat. But, I wasn't the only non-drinker. There were at least 3 or 4 other adults without drink.

I've got a pretty busy week this week, so I'm not sure how much I'll be on. I hope everyone has a great start to their summer!
Old 05-29-2012, 05:56 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

good weather here now mirage - clear skies and 10-20 degrees celsius

My bed calleth tho - have a good day everyone

D
Old 05-29-2012, 06:19 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Ooh, that IS nice, Dee. Just about my favorite weather, that.

I drank in my dream again last night! It wasn't my fault, tho..I was a stagehand/set builder for Metallica. Go ahead...in sync everyone..."w! t! h! miraaaage!??" I know, it's ridiculous...for one because I'm too weak to be a set builder. I'm weaker than an ant. Scratch that. Ants can carry 3 times their weight. I could probably build a set out of legos for lego people, but that's about it. And when did I become a metal head?! So regardless, apparently I felt the need for whiskey. The weird part of the dream is that I don't remember drinking, per se, but I remember the planning starting immediately. Like I was thinking about whether or not to tell you guys or just forget it happened and move on. And then I was like "well, I've already drank the one time so I'll just drink again tonight cuz it's Saturday and then I'll start on Sunday. But then will I tell SR?, cuz that's twice and not just once." My brain was already plannin and obsessin. Feeling soooo thankful I don't have to quit drinking anymore unless I choose to pick up again. I feel the same way about smoking.

Glad you got through the cookout ok, Lofty, even if it wasn't the best time ever.

Checked out your vid, Dave. Wow, that looks so cool. I'm beginning to think that we should meet at YOUR house. Take us fishin, Captain Dave!!

I ate like crap this weekend. Back on the wagon today..and heading to the grocery store for supplies.