let it roll Lofty

I wanted this for my avatar mirage but it wouldn't move for me

D
Attached Images
File Type: gif
felix the cat.gif (36.7 KB, 22 views)
Old 06-05-2012, 02:29 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Safe home to your dd Bryan! Sorry it wasn't the right spot for her, good on her for recognizing that and taking action.

Up to run!

Sober victory yesterday that I sorted out a scheduling problem with a running friend without wasting energy taking it personally or worrying. What a difference! I stayed above the problem instead of jumping into it with her. Definitely a gift to get to feel this way.

Dh is shifting job responsibilities. Could I ask for vibes and prayers for a solid positive outcome soon? More money would be nice too. Don't get if you don't ask!

Three days of fried fish, chips, chocolate and no running seem to have not affected the scale. Go figure! I'm going to accept it as a gift and run with it.

Get it! Run with it? Snort.

Aussie have you tried logging out and back in? Maybe dumping your Internet cookies?

Mwah to all marchers!
Old 06-05-2012, 02:32 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everything works out for DH Frances

D
Old 06-05-2012, 04:00 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Prayers sent, Frances. It sounds like good change, right? I'm finding that the more I give up to God, the better off I am.

Question: Are any of you coffee drinkers? I'm finding that I can't palate more than a cup each day, and I'm enjoying that cup less and less. It's too bitter, and leaves a bad aftertaste. And, I don't really need the caffeine, I guess. So, what do I drink to replace the coffee? There's something about warming up to a hot cup of something. It's too early for my green tea. Hmm.... any ideas?

I'm really torn about taking our dog to the beach with us. I would have to kennel her, and the place I had picked out, it turns out, is about a half hour from the house, and has some recent bad reviews. I can't find a place closer, so we may just board her here. Bummed, as I envisioned playing on the beach with her.

My kids keep telling me it doesn't feel like summer yet; they keep thinking they have homework to do. I have the opposite problem; it seems like summer every day, which is good and bad. Good as long as I get my work done. Bad if I don't!

Have a terrific Tuesday, Marchers!
Old 06-05-2012, 06:09 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Ha..that would be a cool avatar, Dee.

Are your kids out for the summer, Lofty? We have another week. The cooler temps have helped make it feel only like Spring around here. Looks like it's gonna heat up this weekend. I've never really been a coffee drinker. Some, in college when I was pulling all nighters to study. Love the smell, don't like the taste. I kinda wish I did, they make such fun ones now. Anyway, when I want hot, I do tea. Not sure if you have a Keurig, but I get the Earl Grey K-cups and the Chai Tea ones. The Chai might be a nice alternative to coffee that you might like. I also have an electric kettle for when I just want to use a tea bag. They make a ton of good teas. I have a nice pomegranate/vanilla one I like. Oh..you can get hot cider K-cups, too, and hot chocolate. Aw, hope you figure out the dog deal. Have you mentioned where you're going? Not sure I remember if you said.

Glad to hear you're continually noticing sober victories, frances! How cool you found calorie free fish and chips!! Sending positive thoughts for your husband's job!! Hope it works out the best way possible.

Aussie..that's sooo funny about the arcade!! Maybe they thought you were getting too good and that they should lock you out to give the others a shot at those games.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:48 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Yep, we do have a Keurig. I don't like the $.50 - 1.00 cost of the k-cups, but we do use it. Agree on the cider, but prefer to make my own hot choco. I'll try the chai again, that may do it. I also googled "coffee alternatives" and found that there is a "teeccino" that has no coffee or tea, but has herbs, dried fruits and aromatics in the "grounds". It said Whole Foods has it. There's a new one being built nearby so maybe I'll give it a whirl. Bottom line is that I have a craving for something when I awake, and I just don't know what it is. I also crave throughout the day, staring blankly into the pantry or fridge many times throughout the day. It's probably all in my head. It may have to do with quitting the smokes. I've been tempted toward those lately, so went back to chewing cinnamon gum (without nicotine). It helps a little. I think I'll have to fight through it.

My wife has coerced me to evening walks with the dog lately, and did so this morning too. It seems to help the head a little with focus, etc.

Got a call from a client that my old group is trying to market to her. That spurred me to action. I'll spend most of my day on calls today, and maybe set a few appts. Maybe I'll call their clients too!

I still stare at my homemade sign: "Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air. They are where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." Henry David Thoreau. It feeds me in many ways. And is a good saying for many of my clients.

Enjoy the day!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:36 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Coffee fiend here so can't be of help on alternatives.

Just kidding. For hot warm nurturing drinks, try one of the grain-based ones. Not coffee, not tea, but hot and warming.

YAY FOR POSITIVE GROWTH.

On kenneling, how old is she? Another possibility is to ask your vet for home-based possibilities? Often the vet teches will board client dogs at their homes.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I agree that making your own hot chocolate is better. I don't do hot chocolate with water anymore. Child's play!!

I've had what I guess is heartburn for an hour and a half. It might be subsiding finally now. Man, that hurts. Also googled depression in connection to the antibiotic I'm taking. Just haven't felt myself lately. Like the Costco thing the other day? I'm not normally that irritable, I think something might be up. I've even had a few 'f-it' thoughts and I don't really get those anymore. So I found a forum where people had posted and they definitely experienced it on this med, even tho it's not listed as a side effect.
Something else to keep my eye on.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:43 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Feel better Mirage and way to go on looking for answers to issues. Very pro-active, very pro-health.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:26 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Mirage...I read your fb post so I know you aren't having a heart attack, right?

I have had acid reflux for the last month or two, and have never had it before. I'm attributing it to the fact I've put on 25 lbs over the last year and need to take it off. I think there is also probably a factor that wine is out, and red wine is a digestive aid. So is the nicotine in tobacco. So, our systems are learning their new limits and boundaries. This may be why I'm so averse all of the sudden to the acidity of coffee. I've never been bothered by it before, but now can barely handle a cup. I get this lump in my throat like a pre-gag feeling.

Back to your heartburn. Have you tried alka selzer? Plop Plop Fizz Fizz Oh What a Relief It Is!...
Old 06-05-2012, 11:44 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Thanks, frances.

Well in some ways, it's not typical acid reflux. I don't feel anything but pain..nothing rising, nothing in the back of my throat..just pain. Mostly in my neck and chest, so it's kinda alarming! lol Plus, there's no rhyme or reason. This morning I had a hard boiled egg before taking my medicine, and some Crystal Light iced tea. Then an hour and a half later I get heartburn? From what?! Maybe the medicine, I suppose. But it's annoying that I can't attribute it to anything ever. It'd be easier if I knew what caused it. Never had tried Alka Seltzer, I took 2 Tums and a Zantac. Don't think either worked. Had a yogurt, which I read was good and it helped a bit. Then I thought maybe I needed food, so I had some steamed edamame and it went away finally. Weird about the coffee, Lofty. You might be right. Seems like we're adjusting in like ALL ways..and still after this time, too. Thanks for chiming in, guys.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:16 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

In my mind, since my body coped WITH alcohol for a while, it makes sense to me that there would be shifts to adjust to WITHOUT alcohol.

Heartburn is the pits!

Funny story while we're sharing medical stuff. So here's your Public Service Announcement of the Day.

If the foot spray that always helps to kill the itches isn't working, take a look at the expiration date. Yep, if it expired in 2009, then it's likely that the active ingredients aren't that ACTIVE anymore. New can bought and it works like magic. (I'm a lady so no need to go into details other than feetsies that spend a lot of time in sneakers.)

This inspired me to go through the cabinets and ferret out other things that are YEARS past expiration. Of course for important things like doctor-prescribed drugs, goes without saying that I wouldn't re-use old stuff without checking first with doc. or pharmacist.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Be careful where you discard that stuff. You shouldn't flush old drugs or your friends kids may be catching 2 headed fish out of your local waterways!

I had that revelation recently too, but haven't gone through all my old stuff. I hate to throw away an almost full bottle of something that cost at least $5 and got used once, but that's how it goes.

Ya' know, Mirage, I also had food getting caught in my esophagus a month ago, and causing similar pain. In fact, and this is gross, when I was eating, I had to go regurgitate on a few occasions. Even drinking water wouldn't help stuff go down. It resolved after a couple weeks. One thing I figured is that my constant grazing may be keeping my upper stomach full. (Ok...I'm not a cow...I only have one stomach, and you know what I mean).

Were'nt you recently on antibiotics? Maybe your stomach flora is still getting back to normal?

If it keeps up, you might see a doc. I did get relief from Alka Selzer.

One other thought. I'm drinking a ton of selzer water and mineral water and stuff. This is all new to my system since quitting drinking. I slowed down a bit on it when this was happening, and it coincided with it going away. Maybe go back to normal water as a drink of choice for a while?
Old 06-05-2012, 03:12 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Yeah, I recently purged the medicine cabinet at the cabin. Talk about OLD. Hope your feet are happy, frances!

Laughing out loud @ the "(Ok...I'm not a cow...I only have one stomach, and you know what I mean)." hahahahahahaha

My husband gets that "food caught" thing every once in awhile and he has to do the same thing. Yes, it's especially charming around dinner time. lol I feel for you guys, tho. It seems really painful or uncomfortable. Yes, I'm currently on antibiotics, so who knows how that's affecting things. I mostly drink iced tea..not sure if that would be a factor or not, but good thinkin. Or was that directed at me, or about you? Maybe I'll pick up alka seltzer and have it on hand, thanks.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Yep VERY good reminder on not flushing meds down the drain or toilet. Things I tossed were more like sunscreen, ointment, heartburn meds (coincidentally). And the aforementioned nonworking footsie stuff. All better!

Meds in bottles can be brought to the pharmacy around here for safe disposal. Don't know if that's true in other places.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:11 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by frances2011 View Post
Aussie have you tried logging out and back in? Maybe dumping your Internet cookies?
I have tried everything it's just plain broke.

Todays thanks is brought to you by
Old 06-06-2012, 05:00 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

I wonder where Dave is? Hope you're doing okay, buddy.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:33 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Aussie I'm giving you a Lifetime Thanks Pass until it gets fixed. Frustrating!

Back from TRX strength class and boy are my arms tired. Summer 2012 is all about the Gun Show, that's rocking bad-a** arms. It's just the way I'm put together, that I can put on muscle. It used to bother me but now I'm in the Get it Flaunt it camp.

DAVE DAVE DAVE! Thinking of you and figuring you are working crazy hours.

Remember how I told you about my sober victory about how I didn't get enmeshed with a friend's stuff? Well yesterday I had to write a "You did a bad job" email to a company that messed up the delivery for my niece's birthday present. They blamed the post service, they blamed the weather, everything but the moon, but then said they would replace it with priority shipping as a _special accommodation_. Really? What happened to just making it right? I sent the email saying so and felt good. I am not thinking about what the other people might do or say or think about it. I simply expressed my dissatisfaction as a customer using nice words. Done.

PBC! I know I've missed a couple of calls and haven't call you back. I am committed to you as a whole healthy person. For me, this journey includes sobriety and working with my doctor to feel pretty good most days. It's not my place to take your inventory. I want to say that I care about you. Please know I'm thinking kind loving beautiful thoughts about you and wishing you well. So check in when you can and let us know how you are! Once a Marcher always a Marcher.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Rock the baddass arms, frances!! I had a 'birthday present to niece screw up' once, too. It just NEVER got there. It was the post office, tho. It was a bummer, I had ordered her a personalized plate and cup. So cute. I'm surprised your company DIDN'T blame the moon, as it WAS full the other day. Glad you got your letter off to them. Well done!

Thinkin about Dave, too. Stupid busy work.

Beautiful start to the day today. Gonna move my med taking to evening in hopes my days are brighter and I sleep during the gloomy part. Not sure it works that way, but I'd like to try. I may go out to try to find a Detroit Tiger shirt. I'm the only one in the family without one and we're going to a game next week. Did I tell you guys we're going to Chicago? I'm SO excited!! I love it there. D has to go for work and figured he'd drag us along, too. haha. He scored tickets to the Cubs/Tigers game on Thursday next week. Yay!

Tonight we have a show at the middle school called Song Mimes. The kids have formed groups and picked songs and they basically mime the song/lip sync, etc. Should be fun.

Hope you're all having a great day/night so far!!
Old 06-06-2012, 06:45 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi Mirage! Song Mimes sounds like a hoot. And YAY for your trip to the Windy City. Cool.

Did I miss somewhere that you are taking meds to help your mood? Sorry to hear that there are gloomy times, hoping that the time switch will help you.