Notices

Class of March 2012 Part 3

Old 05-18-2012, 01:15 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Hey Dee, tell these guys!

Jeni's so shocked she's started to stutter...
Old 05-18-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Funny.... Still
Old 05-18-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'll stick to my stationary bike thanks LOL

D
Old 05-18-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'll stick to my stationary bike thanks LOL

D
Is that, like, made from envelopes? :rotfxko

xxx
Old 05-18-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Still, you're hilarious!

Glad everyone is having a good sober friday

I'm back from my party and a ickle bit chuffed with myself for coping! Seriously, the amount of people who have questioned me about my not drinking tonight...I think a few weeks ago I'd have crumbled or at least have been grumpy about it. But as it was I got loads of positive comments about me looking well and one person actually said they were proud of me It didn't bother me at all to get drinks for people, okay it felt a bit odd at times but I never thought of drinking. When people asked me why I wasn't drinking I just said I gave it up. Only one person asked how long for and I just said I didn't know. Next time I'll say forever

I think it is really beginning to sink in that my sociability has nothing to do with my drinking, I thought I might be lost without it and wouldn't be able to enjoy going out again. Of course it helps that most of my friends are older than me and getting to that stage where alcohol ain't such a good idea anymore. But even when everyone else is drinking it doesn't mean that I have to. I really am a stubborn person so it really shouldn't matter to me what other people do.

Taking up exercise and giving up chocolate are next on the list for me too...

Thanks for your support everyone...I know I couldn't have got this far without this site x
Old 05-18-2012, 08:56 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Originally Posted by stillsleeping View Post
Is that, like, made from envelopes? :rotfxko

xxx
Don’t forget paper clips, sticky notes and a rather dull pair of scissors lol.

I wouldn't worry about me this weekend I have the night shift all through till Monday and plenty to occupy me through the mornings as well. Basically I am doing the old work till I sleep, then get up and do it again. Only this time I am not going at it with the usual despondent attitude, I can see me making progress, about the same amount of progress as I would make in a quantum physics book if I were told to make a report on it but its progress none the less.

Sleeping pretty well lately surprisingly, and the last three days I have woke up about 10 minutes before my alarm clock even had a chance to make an attempt. That is really weird for me as I am a steadfast snooze clunker, sometimes for as long as an hour. Heck even this afternoon when I went to bed with only 5 hours till I had to wake up I still preempted the alarm. Like I said weird, for me at least.

Well all that said this weekend shouldn't be a problem for me and I changed the schedule around (its nice to be able to control that) so that I only have Monday and Tuesday off, at the same time making sure that I have other things that I have to be present and sober for during those days. Kinda trying to set myself up for success on the sobriety front for at least another week. After that I have four days off and I can't make myself work during that because at that point my new boss would call me out on it. So I will have to figure out something else. Probably finally putting together my computer that has been a half hour away from complete repair for two weeks now haha. When I got the parts in I was drinking so I didn't get all that far into putting it together, and after I was working to avoid drinking so it has stayed that way. Strange before all I would do is play computer games, having gone the last few months without them (good ones anyway) I am not sure if I will be able to go back with as much enthusiasm. We shall see.

Have a good weekend everyone.

And Welcome back Mrs. Ninja aka Art

PS thank god Job, Leemzer and Dee are still here I am starting to feel outnumbered haha.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:12 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

I'm still here, brother! You sound so much better...glad things are going well for ya!
lee
Old 05-18-2012, 10:17 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

INH you're a kick ass Marine, you could take us girls with your hands tied behind your back hehe. I'm so glad you're feelin a little more spritely - I was worried for a while back there! God on you Rocky Mountain Oyster boy

And Hypo, how cool are you?? I haven't done a social since my very well-documented work buddies pub visit a month or so ago. I'm feeling like I should be making more of an effort! Although to be fair, I've practically been camping at work the last few weeks...

Lee, dude, I don't know if I thanked you properly for checking up on me the other day? Thanks hun xxx
Old 05-18-2012, 10:54 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. How good is it to wake up sober?!
Well done hypo, that's really encouraging to hear how you made the social gathering. Very cool and certainly something I would like to be able to achieve at some point. Trouble is, nearly all my social group were long time drinking buddies so it all feels awkward for me and leads me to feeling unsettled. I'm going to give it a miss for a while I think until I'm more at ease with it all.
INH are you really a marine? Super cool! You're doing so well to keep moving forward x
Happy Saturday everyone.
Am guessing as its nearly 7am you've already 'kicked some asphalt' or whatever it is you call it SS?
Another coffee in bed for me....
So grateful to have you all to share the highs and lows with, you're all vital to my recovery xxxx
Old 05-18-2012, 10:57 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Administrator

my stationery bike is in for repairs LOL

D
Old 05-18-2012, 11:44 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
So grateful to have you all to share the highs and lows with, you're all vital to my recovery xxxx
me too - you're all the bee's knees

and yes, i've just got back, only i kick pebbles - i run on the beach hehe!

am eatin chicken hence no capitals - am typin this with my only non-chickeny fingers lol

and dee, you make an english teacher v happy knowin the difference between stationery and ary

xxx
Old 05-19-2012, 12:36 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL it's rare I know
Old 05-19-2012, 01:26 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Random Guy

I wouldn't have known it... heck its been pointed out to me and I am still not sure which is which haha.

By the Way Art don't feel badI was part ov the November 2011 class, and december, and I think January, by February I had given up on joining monthly classes but when it came to March I arbatrarily put my foot down here I am and here I stay come hell or high water. Hopefully you decide the same.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Dee also has the correct usage of the apostrophe down pat as well! Genius!

Drives me crazy when people put them wherever they feel like it...also when they confuse your and you're...makes my skin crawl!! LOL
Old 05-19-2012, 07:32 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Do the exercise first, Hypo.... keep the chocolate for a while - just sayin

You can do it, INH.... I KNOW it Oh and didn't you mean 'witch is which'???

Jeni... Yes, it is MOST EXCELLENT to wake up sober.... and we all can remember what we did last night - well, maybe not... my mind flits from one thing to another too much

Lee... YOUR funny (hehehehe)...

Ok, got up and ran this morning... puts me in rare form I suppose

Have a G-R-E-A-T Sober Day!
Old 05-19-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Oh, Lee, NEVER let people know how much it bothers you. We know your weakness now, young warrior

INH, your post really made me giggle (man, don't they always?). I'm glad you settled with March. See, you weren't relapsing, you were test driving us haha!

Well, I (we - H is in on this too) are doin it with the whole new fat busters regime. No more chocolate in the house, not ever. Fruit and yoghurt, and that's it. Not forever, not forever - just until we can stop crying in front of thin people.

xxx
Old 05-19-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

I looked in a bike shop today. Does that count as exercise?xx
Old 05-19-2012, 01:19 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Definitely be joining you on that one soon Still... Though I've decided to have one last pig out this weekend and finish all the chocolate I have at home. I had that kind of thinking about drinking for years though so we'll see how well that goes! I really don't wanna just swap addictions though, and also the weight loss has really dropped off so I think I need to kick start it a bit.

Btw, I'm really not recommending the night out thing. I've only been doing stuff I really couldn't get out of, or that it would look really rude if I didn't go. Otherwise I've been avoiding social occasions like the plague! But it does give me hope that I can cope with this and won't have to isolate myself forever!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend xxx
Old 05-19-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Back on the wagon.... Last time I posted was when I went to AA and decided it wasn't for me and didn't think I really have a problem though secretly know I do....

So I'd been drinking (a lot less) but still drinking
Preferred the feeling of not drinking at all so have beendoing new stuff to change my life up

Gym ( which is so awesome)
Reading
DVD overload ( mad men !)

Bloody hard work though this sober thing, think I need to post here regularly, just don't think I'm really doing anything interesting you'd want to hear about
Old 05-19-2012, 08:08 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back KaPuka

Don't worry about being interesting (not that you're not lol)
just post what you need to post, when you need to post it

D