Notices

Class of March 2012 Part 3

Old 06-25-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

AVRT really helped me make the commitment R4R. Maybe you can hit the books with INH Or ask for help on the AVRT thread. It can't hurt to give it a go x
Old 06-26-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Lovely to hear from you R4R xxx
Old 06-26-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Jeni... hi....

Ok... I'm doing things different... talked to a friend about helping... working steps with another ... and sent and SOS to my women's group at church for some help tomorrow. I have to do this. I've been posting on other sites and trying to stretch my horizons.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:58 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Needed a place to come for a moment before I get up and brew a cup of coffee...

I despise that it is so terribly hard to call a friend when I feel like crying on a shoulder. It's all selfishness isn't it? To hijack someone's day with "I'm miserable because XYZ" is all about me, right?

I guess that is a hypothetical question, because the real answer would be CALL YOUR DAMN SUPPORTS, MISSFESTIVAL.

I feel sad... I guess I will just tell the internet.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

I used to have trouble with that too - until I realised I as worthy of support as any one else.

Places like SR, or things like AA or whatever - that's what they're there for.
Why not use them?

D
Old 06-26-2012, 04:20 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

We're not just the internet Missfestival, we're real people too. I think we all feel a bit self conscious asking for help but the people here really do want to help, as do those in AA. I swear half the people there just go to check other people are okay. It's very sweet. Here too. What's getting you down? x
Old 06-26-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
We're not just the internet Missfestival, we're real people too. I think we all feel a bit self conscious asking for help but the people here really do want to help, as do those in AA. I swear half the people there just go to check other people are okay. It's very sweet. Here too. What's getting you down? x
Thank you so much for asking... and saying so, yes the internet is real people!

Transportation issues... long story, made short: car problems. Had the vehicle only as long as I have been sober--- warranty already expired and needs major expensive engine work. Used car dealer is a known snake whom I blindly trusted. (I think I will blog post my issues with cars...)

That is just material, yes... then there is the more subtle stuff, like parenting... it's just all around a mixed up day.

Thanks again for asking. Going to go play some music...
Old 06-27-2012, 04:33 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

How are you feeling today missfestival?x

And R4R?x
Old 06-27-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Hey all just checking in. Bad day at work today but it has been comming for a while and I knew it. Procrastination is a terrible thing. Sometimes I would like to go back to a menial job where I just do something over and over again and don't have any other responsibilities. Oh well, back to the grindstone, lets see if I can correct my difficiencies. On the subject of alcohol I think I had better get my head screwed on straight sooner rather than later. We will see I don't plan to drink tonight but I didn't last night either.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Wow, Mis... that's an issue for me too. We like to isolate in our misery, I think... at least I do. Stopped going to church for a few weeks... don't want to see friends. Finally reached out last night to additional friends and a Pastor. Not exactly a March-er anymore, but I'm not letting June out of my sight until I quit completely.

You guys are GREAT!
Old 06-27-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Come on INH... let's not let another month pass us by.... time too short... life it too short... we were made for better than this.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Sorry about your car issues Missfestival It's not something I've ever had to deal with because I never even learnt how to drive! Hope you're feeling a bit better today x

Glad you're reaching out more R4R x

I'm off tomorrow for a few days. Family gathering which should be a lot of fun providing we don't all wind each other up too much! I will be around alcohol a lot but I'm not too worried as it won't be the main focus and all of these people know why I've quit drinking!

I hope everyone is having a good week x
Old 06-28-2012, 12:10 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Hey all, sorry I haven't been around - work has literally filled my horizons. I'm over the moon to see R4R and INH - hey guys! Even though you are struggling, the fact that you keep coming back is everything. Keep coming back xxx

Thanks for asking guys, the BBQ hasn't happened yet! Idiot sent me the wrong date - it's this Friday. Still can't wait, old friends, good food, no booze.

Jeez, I am so tired I'm slumped over the keyboard. It's ten past eight in the morning. I may not survive my classes today.

Wish me luck!

xxx
Old 06-28-2012, 12:18 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Good luck Still xx. I'm in late today, got an appt for a scan, nothing to worry about I don't think. Good news is I didn't have to get up til 7.00. This is bliss!!
Just found out there's a job going at a local school, same position as I've got now but 5 mins away! I know they advise you not to make any major life changes in the first year of sobriety, but 5.00 starts in the morning could be a thing of the past..... So tempted!!xx
Old 06-28-2012, 12:30 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Nice! I need sleep...lots and lots of sleeeeeep...!

I know "they" say lots of things, but I quit my job 8 weeks into sobriety, and I know it was absolutely the right thing to do. Those 5am starts were making me depressed, and the 7pm finishes even more so, and being depressed made me want to drink. Now I am hugely excited about the next phase of my life.

So don't worry about what they say - what do you say?
Old 06-28-2012, 01:17 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

I think they only say 'no major life changes' in case you're not thinking straight and do something daft. But getting a job closer to home so you're not completely knackered seems like the most sensible thing you could do, ever! I don't know how you guys do it. Go for it Jen x
Old 06-28-2012, 01:28 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think the suggestion is there to help people try and avoid impulsive, stressful or 'out of the frying pan into the fire' kind of decisions

There are some changes that need to be made, or are just too positive to pass up.
Life can't stand still - go for it Jeni

D
Old 06-28-2012, 01:45 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you too Still and you Jeni

time for a new thread guys:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html

D