Notices

Class of December 2011 part 3

Old 05-10-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

That Dck Newhart clip always makes me laugh. It was a bit shocking the first time I saw it. lol. Makes sense in a way though.

I stopped going to my therapist. It seemed like he spent as much time gabbing as he did talking about my problems. Couldn't see s[pending the money for that. Also there was nothing he could say that I haven't heard before.

Sorry this is short but I have to get dressed and get going. I'm going to half the 5:30 meeting after all. Then to court, then to my Dad's to watch NYPD Blue - last two of season 6 and the beginning of season 7. MOre tomorrow.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Hey all.

Just zoning out this morning, posted some in the newbie forum, now I'm stuck over at youtube.

Originally Posted by karilynn
Music is pretty powerful for me and has been a theme through this journey
Me too big time. Below is a simple lesson for posting videos Karilynn. Now you'll be posting music videos like the pro's

Posting YouTube Videos

Here's the YouTube URL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXl870NoF4E

Copy everything after ?v=
zXl870NoF4E

Click the YouTube button () to get this, the YouTube tags:
[YT][/YT]

Paste this:
zXl870NoF4E

Between the the YouTube tags to get this:
[YT]zXl870NoF4E[/YT]

Post and Wa-la:

Ops time running out. Got to get ready for group .
Old 05-11-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Well, court turned out to be just what I expected. Not a care about "speeding in a school zone" - reduced to parking on sidewalk - fine is $125 - pay up and no points on the record. WTF. If I was really driving dangerously for the students (I WASN"T) I should pay the full penalty. If I wasn't a danger to the students, then leave me the ef alone. Did I mention that it was the last day of the month and the officer had someone pulled over everytime I went by (several times that day). What a way to get revenue. And people wonder why youth are cynical. Ef, I'm cynical.

Got my son's dog again for the weekend. He and his fiancee are off to a wedding down south somewhere. My allergies are hitting redline because of the high winds stirring everything up. The dog ain't gonna' help. I might just go up to Sarotoga Lake and dive this weekend to get some pure non-alergic air.

I just now realized (due to a miss-key) that dive and die are only one letter apart. That's my preferred way out. If I go to narcosis depths drowning wouldn't be so bad. Not there yet but it is an option. Guarenteed to be ruled an accident. Not today - someday, maybe.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've been ill so apologies for not checking in.

It could have been worse Charon - a citation for $125 is nothing here.
Hope your weekend pans out better for you.

D
Old 05-12-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thanks Zen
it will be a fw days before I can try it.
In the middle of organizing paperwork and start the doc journey mon.
Got lots to do with my grandma
Hope everyone has a good weekend
Old 05-13-2012, 05:00 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Mothers Day, its my first one without having a Mom to call or visit on this day. Its been about 8 months since she passed away and it feels like it was yesterday.
Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
love leaves a memory no one can steal.

~From a headstone in Ireland
Old 05-13-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry again for your loss Zen - I know you two were very close.

D
Old 05-13-2012, 06:16 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry Zen.
I feel very fortunate to have mine, I didn't think she'd live to see the new year.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:18 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
It could have been worse Charon - a citation for $125 is nothing here.
Dee, I wasn't complaining about the size of my fine. I was going too fast and some of the people had much higher fines with court costs added. I got off easy. I do think that if they are serious about speed control in that area they should have a more consistant presence, not just at the end of the month to meet revenue quotas.

Zen, you have my sympathy. My Mom died nearly 11 years ago and I still find it hard to visit the cemetery.

Well, it's sprinkiling since the middle of the night so I don't need to water the garden and I can't work outside. That's good. I desperately need a haircut and I absolutely need to do a good vacuming now that the dog is gone. I'm also goig to julianne some carrrots to add to the leftover French dip from last night. Had Eric & Kristin for dinner after their trip back from the wedding. We all pigged out.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

I just meant I wouldn't let it take up too much room in your head Charon

D
Old 05-14-2012, 06:02 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Your posts make me hungry Charon
Doc day
Old 05-14-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

best of luck Karilynn

D
Old 05-14-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

F-Me...LOL.

Just wrote out a big fat post, did a web search on the wrong browser tab and "phfft! you were gone".

I wish everybody a progress fill day, some good times to level out the bad and remember to put a little love in you heart .

Maybe I give my check-in post a go again latter today. Awesome weather today in CA, time for a little walk around outside. Peace out.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:42 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Good morning Dee, Karilynn, Charon and any former Class of Dec 11 members that may be lurking.

Karilynn I hope you Doc appointment went well.

Charon, how are you doing today? My hope is that all is going well or well enough to manage.

Dee, I hope you are on the rebound from your ill feeling.

As for me, its good that I can generate a hopeful attitude in nearly all situations I face. The most pressing challenge I'm facing today is getting motivated to work on...check that. The issue at hand is one moving my @ss out of the house and do something, anything that keeps my mind and body active.

Craving, urges and stuff like that are non-existent presently and have been that way for a good amount of time. Haven't been using either...so all that is going great but, I'm getting lazy. Not lazy with my dual-diagnosis treatments, lazy as in being a sloth.

The Plan.

1. Take camera everywhere I go.
2. Take pictures with it.
3. Photo edit them with Gimp program.
4. Learn about photography.
5. learn to use the Gimp photo edit program.
6. Arrange these tasks in a working order as needed.
7. Just do something here for Gawd sakes Will!

So the plan is in place. I even think there is a thread around here at SR someplace for this sort of thing...plan activities and report progress. I think its a housekeeping thread or something like that. May post over there.

Peace out
Old 05-16-2012, 11:39 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Doc went as expected or I should say as I feared. A lot of unanswered questions. They are sending my blood off to check for different diseases but what it boils down to is a broad diagnosis of mixed connective tissue disease which includes lupus and other diseases. Basically my immune system is in hyperdrive and the white blood cells are treating my own body as if it was the enemy. The diseases they are checking for are all just fancy names for which part of your body your immune system hates.
Feeling pretty good though, did have an urge to say f it after I left the docs. Thought about drinking.
Funny thing is I don't believe I would be doing as well in my sobriety and in my program if I was healthy.
I'm at the beauty shop with my grandma right now, this week has been very busy with things for her and I am looking forward to getting finished up with her and resting Thursday.
School is almost out so I'll have a little more freedom about my meetings.
I'm looking forward to having the kids out of school although there is not much idle time living on the farm.
I'm working the hospitality room friday at the state aa convention and am excited to see what that is like.
Better go for now, Grandma is out from under the dryer.
I have got to get my own laptop, I think my husband might want it back someday. Willing to go to any lengths even if it means hiding my husbands laptop
Old 05-16-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

never better now thanks Will

Karilynn, I hope when they find out what ever it is they can then treat it more effectively for you

D
Old 05-17-2012, 05:48 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Doing OK. Determined to get my 30 day coin in Nome. The Antabuse will make it possible. No more bad choices between now and then.

Wife is going away for the weekend, which would normally be very dangerous. But my Sister & Brother-in law are coming to visit. So between them being here and the Antabuse I should be fine.

Helped my Son move a couple of heavy couches, bed & box spring, dining table, and other miscelaneous stuff from a second floor apartment to his basement. I barely made it. I'm getting too old for this stuff - but I keep saying "Sure, no problem". Oh well ...

Soon I've got to get out and mow the lawn. I think I'll wait for a bit till the dew dries. It's only going to take a few hours so there is no hurry getting started. Think I'll clean Newt's cage first.

Hoping everyone's physical and mental maladies get resolved in a successful way.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:34 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Its been a funky day, but no so funky I'm going to throw it all away. Still happy to be clean and free
Old 05-18-2012, 09:34 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

You're a poet Zen

My health issues seem to be serving an important role in my recovery. When I look back on this time I honestly believe I'll be thankful.
I would not be where I am if I were physically able to run and gun.
I am having to learn to rely on HP for everyday living. I have had to slow down which in turn gives me more time to put my recovery first.
I remember being so scared hearing about relapse cause something in me said I would not survive it.
I believe I would drink myself to death or do something crazy.
I'm not scared, it is not a requirement.
This is where the illness comes in, I am helpless when it comes to my disease therefor I am forced to rely on a power greater than me.
Just finished step 3, I'm working hard to build a strong foundation for my sobriety.
My shrink seems to have my meds under control and I am able to function pretty well.
A very wise woman told me to quit saying I was behind, I am exactly where I should be.
To drink is to die and one day at a time, sometimes moment by moment I am choosing not to drink.
Thinking about you all...Prayers out:ghug3
I still shake my head in wonder, I didn't think I'd make it a week
Stay strong, We can do this
Old 05-18-2012, 09:54 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone has a good weekend
A very wise woman told me to quit saying I was behind, I am exactly where I should be.

D