Notices

Class of April 2012

Old 04-27-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Day 3 - feeling better. Still can't tell if my physical condition is due to having no alcohol or the cold that I'm recovering from.

Bit concerning heading to my first sober weekend in who knows how long. Normally I'd be planning on stopping by the bar with the boys for a few rums and catching up on the island gossip. Instead I'll be home early, sober, and bored for a few hours before heading off to a 7pm meeting. I'll need something to do for sure.

But a busy weekend ahead with some volunteer and side-job work to do should keep me out of trouble.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:51 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Day 6

Started off shaky, my feet were just bouncing and they didn't feel right. Like day 1 when I had spiders under my skin but just my feet. Little walk through the neighborhood took care of that. Back at work though and I feel productive and eager to get going, overall this is a good day.

Concern that has unraveled were I need advice from you all. through out this process I started wearing a Butrans patch wich didnt work the first 3 days but I am sure it is helping now due to the quick recovery from the symptoms (Not the CRAVINGS). I was told this blocks the opiate receptors. Will taking this off just send me right back to day 1 all over again, have I been giving myself false hope? Either way I guess I am still proud, I have gone from 150mg of oxy a day to a patch.

Not sure I am strong enough to do day 1 again so soon.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Day one

Found this community looking for tips to make it better on my first day sober. Never been in a forum before but was touched by the genuine support others have offered. Dreaded 5:00 is coming soon and it's Friday but I am resolved to make this work.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

graduatinggg

graduating from college in one week, nothing to do in this town but drink and especially for all us seniors, the mood is festive and the bars are packed. hard to not feel like im missing something.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Start of day 6, go me.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

NightmareinAz - Please don't take your patch off! If it blocks the opiate receptors - it is wise to keep wearing it. Dwood - Welcome! Laurad - You won't be missing anything, but a hangover! You are very inspirational to be tackling a drinking problem at such a young age I would find some way to pamper yourself (bubble bath, good book, movie, etc.) Don't get caught up in what everyone else is doing. Life is so much more enjoyable when you aren't drunk or terribly hungover. It is no way to live.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Day 7. I'm proud of making it a week. I'm posting here because I really want to drink right now. I'm meeting my mom for dinner in an hour, I'm alone in nyc, and the old me would have been in a bar already. I came here to tell you guys this because I have some faith that, having now said all of this, i won't do that to myself. Going to try to find somewhere else to go to distract me until 7.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no idea what kind of a patch that is Nightmare, but even if I did, my advice would be to consult your Dr before discontinuing?

welcome to SR dwood

try to think exactly what you're missing out on Laura - the embarrassing bits when we drink too much, the painful bits when we hurt ourselves and fall over etc...the shameful bits...the bits we can't remember because we blackout...the waking up tomorrow feeling ill...

you're not missing out on anything.

I get it though - you want to be like everyone else...the simple fact is...we're not...& yeah that can hurt initially....but accepting that set me free.

My life is never better now

I know you'll come to feel the same way

D
Old 04-27-2012, 03:37 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Starting Day Four...thank goodness for SR and you guys.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:06 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Made it through my little moment earlier. One week down. Tomorrow should be comparatively easy, looks like I'll just be with my husband watching the hockey game and then going to dinner and a movie -- nothing alcohol-centered.

Everyone is doing great
Old 04-27-2012, 08:12 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you made it ok SBTS - i did post before but it looks like it didn't 'take'

D
Old 04-27-2012, 09:54 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  
kiddo

Went to a cousins 21st last night. Didn't do as well as I'd hoped but ready to try again.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:05 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Day 4 done. Feel physically and emotionally dreadful. Hopefully by Day 7 will be feeling better physically.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:09 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Day 8 today. Can't believe I've made it to Day 8, that seems like so long. I know it's not, but I haven't strung 8 sober days together in over a year.

The last time I made it to 8 days was the time I made it to 8 months. I'm hoping to get there and beyond this time.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Day 2

This is going to be a long week. Went to AA meeting this morning and ALL of my fears about feeling like an outcast, ashamed to admit my alcholism evaporated. Good strength to make it thru the day. Funny thing is I would have already had a few and its just noon.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:33 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,

Hope you all are getting through the weekend without too many cravings. I'm ok, sort of used to not drinking now once 5 o'clock strikes (Day 13 for me). I reckon the habitual side of things is slowly being re-programmed. Had a huge row with my hubby though this morning, I think he isn't being supportive enough. I know it's my choice to quit but he has been out a lot this week. It's so early in my recovery I think he should be more sensitive. Friends are around for the night and we are supposed to go out and meet them in a bar. I think I won't though, I couldn't listen to drunk people without drinking myself. Is that anti-social of me?
Old 04-28-2012, 09:48 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Newatthis34 View Post
Hey everyone,

Hope you all are getting through the weekend without too many cravings. I'm ok, sort of used to not drinking now once 5 o'clock strikes (Day 13 for me). I reckon the habitual side of things is slowly being re-programmed. Had a huge row with my hubby though this morning, I think he isn't being supportive enough. I know it's my choice to quit but he has been out a lot this week. It's so early in my recovery I think he should be more sensitive. Friends are around for the night and we are supposed to go out and meet them in a bar. I think I won't though, I couldn't listen to drunk people without drinking myself. Is that anti-social of me?
No! Being around drunk people when you're not drunk is really boring, and Day 13 is way too early for that anyway. Stay in and have a nice quiet night by yourself if your husband insists on going out.

It's unfortunate that he isn't being more supportive, but fighting about it is probably not going to lead to the desired result, unfortunately. I would just do what you have been doing and rely on your own strength (and SR of course) to help you through. I am not counting on any support from my husband at all. He won't actively try to sabotage me of course, but support in this endeavor is something he doesn't really know or understand how to provide, even now after we've been through this before.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:59 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberbythesea View Post
I would just do what you have been doing and rely on your own strength (and SR of course) to help you through. I am not counting on any support from my husband at all.
Yes you're right SBTS, there is little point in wishful thinking. I just don't think he gets that this is forever for me. I worry about the future and if I continue to change where will that leave us? But in the words of Sam in 'Sex and the City', "I love you Richard, but I love me more"!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 10:13 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

So much crapola going on and what do I do??? Yeah turn to my old buddy booze to make life's crapola go away. But, it's still here, and now I have a hangover to boot and I'm disgusted with myself and I still have to deal with this major change in life.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Fcukd up....I knew i would,too much money not enough willpower...Sorry class and sorry dee,I will not post now till monday...