View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 09:48 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
soberbythesea

Originally Posted by Newatthis34 View Post
Hey everyone,

Hope you all are getting through the weekend without too many cravings. I'm ok, sort of used to not drinking now once 5 o'clock strikes (Day 13 for me). I reckon the habitual side of things is slowly being re-programmed. Had a huge row with my hubby though this morning, I think he isn't being supportive enough. I know it's my choice to quit but he has been out a lot this week. It's so early in my recovery I think he should be more sensitive. Friends are around for the night and we are supposed to go out and meet them in a bar. I think I won't though, I couldn't listen to drunk people without drinking myself. Is that anti-social of me?
No! Being around drunk people when you're not drunk is really boring, and Day 13 is way too early for that anyway. Stay in and have a nice quiet night by yourself if your husband insists on going out.

It's unfortunate that he isn't being more supportive, but fighting about it is probably not going to lead to the desired result, unfortunately. I would just do what you have been doing and rely on your own strength (and SR of course) to help you through. I am not counting on any support from my husband at all. He won't actively try to sabotage me of course, but support in this endeavor is something he doesn't really know or understand how to provide, even now after we've been through this before.