Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 4

Old 04-04-2012, 10:34 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

I think I need more than a reminder sign, I think maybe I need a reminder person who physically grabs me and hauls me to the beach from time to time!
Ah, but Manz, where do you think you're most likely to find such a person? Why, at the beach of course!

Consider this your sign:

Beach --->
Old 04-05-2012, 12:36 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

You know that roller coaster????????

I gave my heart to a man again quite a few months ago(never thought I would be able to after all my...history), kept it to myself as you can't share everything here and the logistics were challenging. Anyway, seems tonight i find out he doesn't want it any more.

Can someone please stop the bus...I want to get off!
Old 04-05-2012, 02:09 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

******{heartfelt hugs Manz}}}} I declare today to be a Virtual Beach Day for Manz. I hope you find some peace today.

Newby, feel better!

Morning! Up to run. Well, the meter will be going in a positive direction today because 1) it is a new day and 2) my step-mom finally blew up at me last night on the phone with a good old fashioned acid-tongued guilt-trip.

I shut down when people yell at me, so she yelled at me about not responding to her on the phone. I said, "well, I don't do well when I'm being yelled at." She said, "WHEN HAVE I EVER YELLED AT YOU? Tell me! Give me ONE EXAMPLE!" It's a classic no-win. If I said, "Right now?" She would say, "I'm NOT YELLING. I'm just telling you how I feel. So I'm not allowed to tell you how I feel?"

My husband was on the phone with me so he moderated, managed, and the call had a good conclusion.

The funniest part is how much I've learned from dog training that applies to being kind to people. My dog knows that if he comes to me he will always receive love. Period. Unbreakable promise. Why do we yell at children to "get over here so I can beat you?"

Old 04-05-2012, 03:12 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

thanks for checking r&a
Old 04-05-2012, 03:59 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Cross posting from Codie....

I just got back from running 5 miles with my girlfriend. She blew my mind with the most amazing thing. She has family issues too, and in telling me how she deals with it, she says to herself, "Your mother raised you better than this. You are an amazing person. Do the right thing."

But she's not talking about her ACTUAL MOTHER. She's talking about the Universal Mother, the Divine, Spirit, whatever you call it.

WOW. Hearing that lifted my spirits 1000% above the muck of dysfunction. I felt empowered and whole.

Hope that this gift touches some of us here like it did for me.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
LDT

Beautiful way to look at it!! From now on I will give the credit to my UNIVERSAL mother .......because my earthly mother just doesn't have a clue.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:57 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

It's a common theme for most alcoholics that most of our parents don't have a tweeting birdie home in the house. But definitely a wonderful way to look at things and very positive and uplifting. Might even be worth mentioning tonight. idk.

R&A, you saying I pick at you? I don't think I do. Maybe grandpappy itchy and mawmaw Dee...but good ole standby R&A? NEVER! teeheee giggle giggle....

Ugh Manz, I'm so sorry. I know exactly where you are. I have this plastered up on my wall and read it each and every day, though to remind me of why we get burned and burned and burned again.

To laugh is to risk appearing the fool,
To weep is to risk being called sentimental.
To reach out to another is to risk involvement.
To expose feelings is to risk showing your true self.
To place your ideas and your dreams before the crowd
is to risk being called naive
To love is to risk not being loved in return.
To live is to risk dying.
To hope is to risk despair,
To try is to risk failure.
But risks must be taken,
because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing
The person who risks nothing,
does nothing, has nothing, is nothing
and becomes nothing.

He/She may avoid suffering and sorrow,
but simply cannot learn, feel, change, grow or love.
Chained by certitude, he/she is a slave;
he/she has forfeited his/her freedom.
Only the person who risks is truly free.
That was sent to me when I was completely heart broken and dealt a pretty severe blow health wise from the same person (sent to me by you guessed it - my friend Mike).
Anyways, *hugs*.

Welcome ttqttfg and LDT.

R&A, I look at your month/year thread and I get so jealous. You actually have people that post. ;p. Mine is a barren wasteland. LOL. I had more I wanted to say and now it's completely gone after spending the last HOUR trying to find a song I wanted to embed from the 70s....and I couldn't find it. It's on my PC at home. Too bad I'm not at home. Blah. Sometimes I hate that my memory is still semi not there at times.

I hope everyone has a good day!

DAY OFF TOMORROW WOOTAH!

And another deep tissue massage. The one I had last night on my lower back (finally approved) she was doing my lower back and it was making my fingers twitch. I'm like....lovely.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

i am going to the beach today......no matter what!

Sun is shining outside, maybe it can infuse my soul with some warmth too.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:27 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

mawmaw? LOL

Have a good day Manz

D
Old 04-05-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Re-Member

R&A , Hey I waited for another cake last time and no one came forward, not even T with her cider donuts! I'll have you know that the electrons in that cake are less than .465 nanoseconds old! Now that is fresh! And low calorie too! I hope your premise on T is the right one too. I will believe it with you.

Maw maw Dee?? She doesn't think? . . .nawww, shirley she knows better! (Pun int.)

LB!!! I represent that statement!

Manz, Can you read this right now? I hope not because YOU SHOULD ALREADY BE AT THE BEACH!!!!

Hey newby I just got back from mine. I have vertigo and it has hung on for a few weeks. Funny to stagger and I don't drink. Doc started me taking Meclizine today and hope that does the trick. Man I am sleepy! It is good I don't have to drive to work and can nap in the sun here too, perfect weather when the tornadoes stop!!!

Frances I like that thought too. I hate having that kind of discussion also. Glad you had a ref for it. Life would be so easy if it weren't for friends, family, loves, and kids.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:31 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Manz made it to the beach? Whew, I was worried winter was going to arrive in the Southern hemisphere before she dragged herself down there for a little soul therapy. This is for you, Manz: :ghug3
I had a long-distance relationship myself last year; they are not easy to make work, no matter how great the people are. I know it sucks right now, but I have no doubt that at some point you will look back and realize this just cleared the way for the right guy to come along... Hey, did your car just make a weird noise? Better get that checked out by a certain blue-eyed mechanic...

LB, glad to know I do not belong with Itchy and Dee in the SR Home for the Aged and Decrepit. (By the way, you do know Dee stands for D, as in Dude, right? Serves him right, lol. My first name begins with M, but you don't see me choosing Emma74 as my avatar!) And yes, my old December thread is still chugging along. Down to just a few of us now, and way less active than it was back in the day... but it's good to keep it going. A couple of them will be joining us here in the months ahead, as a matter of fact. I look forward to introducing you to them!

Frances, I like your friend's advice. But if anyone needs support, I suspect it's your valiant husband—having to moderate between his wife and his mother? He deserves a medal for heroism!

So the four-day weekend is off to such a great start, I could end it right now and be quite content. Because today my daughter and I had our first honest-to-goodness jam session!! I keep some bongo drums, a harmonica, and tambourine around in the hopes this would happen. She messes around with them from time to time, and has learned a bit of tambourine technique in her school music class, as well as learning a few notes on a flute. But today for the first time we actually played something together—"YMCA", with me on the uke, her on tambourine. Holy cow, that was like the best two minutes ever! Tonight I asked her what we should call our band. Well, get ready world, because here comes "The Fans"!

Old 04-05-2012, 09:36 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

I went to the beach! Rocks pooling and squirting water and digging in the sand and walking and chilling with Weeman. Nice.

Life is still life, but a little bit more chilled now....just a little!

And Mawmaw Dee?????? Bahahahahahahahahaha.......... Uncle Dee!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:46 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Haha R&A...funny you should ask.....work was all done yesterday......no blue eyes in sight......but also wasn't really looking. Nice one with the kiddo! Weeman and I have just finished an hilarious game of indoor balloon tennis. Try it some time, hours of fun...balloon and anythign that works as rackets inside!
Thanks for the hug, I could really do with a real life one...but ah well virtual is better than nada.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:57 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Balloon tennis? Ha—love it! We'll hold a tourney of our own tomorrow!

I'm telling you, Manz. That car still sounds funny to me...
Old 04-06-2012, 03:24 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

itch, pass the darts
Old 04-06-2012, 04:21 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Ahhhh the BEACH! So glad you took yourself & Wee Man there Manz.

R&A, lol on my husband's medal-worthy-ness. He is such a good egg.

Speaking of eggs, wishing all a peaceful Good Friday, first Passover sedar and a Hoppy Easter Sunday!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:42 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Hello group. I don't stop by as often as I should. Spent a little time reading old posts and see that everyone is either doing well or dealing with the cards that life dealt them the best way they know how.

I just went over 19 months sober. Sort of lost track of the time for a little while. The months are starting to all merge together. That's a good thing, I think. But the speed at which the days fly by...wow. Life is fleeting.

Easter. Holy week for us in the Catholic Church. I've been giving thanks and being extra prayerful, extending my prayers to those afflicted with addiction and alcoholism, and to those in recovery, that they remain strong and can be a beacon of hope for those who still struggle. I may not post here a lot, but I'm with you all in spirit.

--Carl
Old 04-06-2012, 10:53 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

Better for days to be fleeting by sober and remembering a few in between than to be fleeting by drunk and remember none in between.

*cough*
Did no one...not a single person...not even R&A....notice my
teeheee giggle giggle....
after all that jazz up there?

YAY.

Thanks for making my day!

Rolled out of bed this morning at EIGHT am. (crazy!!!) and went in for my massage. Came home and laid in bed a bit to read....and fell back asleep lol. I woke up with a pretty sharp pain in my head and realized: I didn't take my stuff this morning. Whenever I get thrown off my schedule....ugh.

Looks like it's going to be a quiet rest of the day for me. Oh and grumble grumble...I HAD to turn the freaking heat back on....come on. It was 55 in the apartment so I quit being stubborn.

I went back to that women's aa meeting last night. It was a hair theme :o! I was like OH MY GOD HOW APPROPRIATE! So naturally, I shared. Surprised myself being that it's a fairly large meeting (bigger than the other ones I went to once and never went back ~ around 30-35 women). Thirty men and women? I don't get nervous with. But 30 women? Lord have mercy. They are all looking at what you're wearing, how your hair is parted, what color eye shadow you have on, is your ring finger filed down far enough, is your left sock pulled up enough...

lolol. I know, it in an AA room but that's a hard thought to get over because women...sheesh. Women are HARSH on each other.

It's cat claws out there!

MEOW.

Have a good day all.

*limps back to bed in the dark room*
Old 04-06-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your increasing sober time Carl. Always good to see you again.

I woke up with such a bad backache I went and got a massage. I had to get some relief or just curl up in a little ball of pain. Feel some better now.

I've got the whole day to myself and am just going to take it easy on my back and everything else. Will walk the dogs in a while to get some sunshine and fresh air and a little exercise with the doggies.

I am taking great joy in the peace and quiet of my home once again. Since Snoopy went to his new home it's all quiet here. No more fear. Jack has the run of the house again and is much happier. If my dogs are happy, I'm happy!
Old 04-06-2012, 02:05 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Re-Member

RZ I only have ten darts, here's five but pay me back!

Manz glad you got out finally.

Least glad you resolved the furkid problem so well. I'll bet he is happier in his new home too. Glad you are feeling better too!

Carl that was spooky! I was thinking about you as well since I hadn't heard from you in quite a while. We two are the only ones left here from the September 2010 group that dwindled to nothing. Have a great Easter my friend, glad you are doing well. I know what you mean about the days and weeks and now months. I look mine up once in a while when another mentions theirs. To be honest I don't much care about mine. I don't need to know because I am not trying to see how long I can make it. Instead I am simply done with it. I was done with it from the day I got out of voluntary detox. Don't get me wrong I loved drinking while it was voluntary, and hated it when it became mandatory for me. My sobriety is voluntary too, and dang if it isn't easy that way.

LB yes we did, but we also saw that perhaps you were under the mistaken impression that Dee is a person of a certain persuasion like yours, when in fact the persuasion is more of a person like me!

OK the doc yesterday confirmed that the infected sinuses he treated last month is in fact impacted. I am fine mostly but really funny to watch right now. I feel some pressure but no pain, and my tinnitus volume got turned up, but the reason I went back is because my inner ear has been screwy for three weeks and doesn't show signs of getting better. As a result I have vertigo when I move my head up or to the side suddenly. No nausea, no pain, or upset stomach. What is funny is that I don't drink but have staggered a lot lately as if I were drunk. So now I am on meclizine which I hope gets it cleared up soon. Now I am sleepy and staggering when I am not paying attention. I can drive fine just stay still. No one would know to talk to me. So if my typing starts to weave don't worry about it, it's me! (RZ, better give you all ten, I don't want to hit myself!)

Happy Easter and Passover, or if you don't share those beliefs happy four day weekend and thank the ones who do day!

Have a great weekend over one year here, and out!