Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 4

Old 04-19-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Lotus.....its a wonderful feeling when we feel we have reached someone in a positive and maybe life changing way huh?
Old 04-19-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LotusBlossom View Post
Akasha, I can definitely sympathize on the pain management for recovering addicts. I had tom grit my teeth through some absolutely amazing mind blowing, eye watering, starry eye producing pain last year (mind you newly sober too...quite the combo - but I know I've talked about it before). My doctor was like ya...you can go jump off a cliff if you think I'm going to prescribe you narcotics. Little did he know I was about to go jump off a cliff. After they got my diagnosis figured out, he did feel a little bad though. A nickname for what I was diagnosed with is "The Suicide Disease" because a lot of times it takes so long for a diagnosis (*raises hand*) and the pain is...ugh.

Anyways, if you do end up having something where you need longer term pain management, please do go to a pain management clinic if your insurance covers it. They will be able to get you non-narcotic pain relievers and can better work around your past addiction with ways they will be comfortable with. They see addicts all the time. It's not their first rodeo. They know the difference between someone genuinely in pain and looking for help versus someone jonesin' for a fix.

I hope your MRI shows negative...but I do hope they figure out what is causing your pain and you can get it fix.
They already have tried the non narcotics. They didn't work for me. I have no control over the pain meds. They are not in my hands nor do I know where they are. I don't take all I can either. I rather be in pain then take all I'm allowed.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:27 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-5-a.html