Notices

Class of January 2012

Old 01-02-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hi Purple Cat, thanks for the roll call...I love you organized types!

Best wishes to all in the New Year!

BF, I also slept about 12 hours last night. Can't believe it but I know the body is healing once again.

Have a great day!
Old 01-02-2012, 09:20 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi Guys

Pissed off yet again, i so wanted to quit, but seems i have just carried on, drinking the 12 tins of larger every day, starting early in the morning has not sleeping well, i have not eaten for days and my poo is just water(sorry for that) i dont even get drunk or get a buzz from it, just using it to stop the bad feeling and the shaking in side, the panic attack are nearly there all the time and pulse rate over 100. will call the docs has think he needs to come for a home visit, as i dont go out, only in a taxi to buy more beer. this is 1 bad bad illness that i so want to beat.

I have chlordiazepoxide. This is a benzodiazepine medicine 5mg and so scared to take them, i know Dee you have heard this before, sorry. any support you guys and dolls can give and i know it cant me medical would help, has any 1 used chlordiazepoxide.???

Thank you

PADDYB
Old 01-02-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Count me in. I can't bear another moment of regret, fear and shame. I am aiming on having a year a can be proud of.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PurpleCat View Post
Here's our roll call for January - lots of us here already! Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

ACT10Npack
Balerie
BlueEyedBoy
Bombshell
BoozeFree
Emma18
Fdm
Fubarcdn
Jallen83
James1983
lifeanew
iceteaplease
mah
newleaves2012
PaddyB
PurpleCat
Rugby8
Sarah1414
Shackles
stevie88
SoCalDude
TheOldMe
timetochange
timetotry
trevesty
tthornyone
whitehorses

As for me, I flirted with quiting in December and felt really good until the last week. Now I am finally ready - I feel like I did when I quit smoking 13 years ago, after a few years of playing around with the idea of quitting. I think it is time to admit that moderation won't work for me (gee, fancy that folks here were right all along) even though I don't have physical withdrawals. I figured that meant I wasn't hooked, but now I'm thinking that's a flawed theory.

Good luck all.
Hi PURPLECAT! i remember you from 2009, sound like you have been on the same ride as me since then, the road to moderation, only to realize the road was closed, nice to meet you again!
Old 01-02-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Yet again here I am hoping that practice will make a person one inch closer to getting it right. Like yoga, maybe..a constant practice. I turn 50 this spring and don't want to continue with the self loathing of daily large doses of wine. Not a pretty image! Thanks for being here SR, my previous successes, while not permanent yet, were not possible without these forums and everyone's support. So here is day 2 for me. My last true success was in 2009 and then a gradual slide into moderation for a year...and then whammo back to where I was only with some experience now knowing I can do this, so am not as thrown or shaken by it.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:38 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Paddyb View Post
Hi Guys

Pissed off yet again, i so wanted to quit, but seems i have just carried on, drinking the 12 tins of larger every day, starting early in the morning has not sleeping well, i have not eaten for days and my poo is just water(sorry for that) i dont even get drunk or get a buzz from it, just using it to stop the bad feeling and the shaking in side, the panic attack are nearly there all the time and pulse rate over 100. will call the docs has think he needs to come for a home visit, as i dont go out, only in a taxi to buy more beer. this is 1 bad bad illness that i so want to beat.

I have chlordiazepoxide. This is a benzodiazepine medicine 5mg and so scared to take them, i know Dee you have heard this before, sorry. any support you guys and dolls can give and i know it cant me medical would help, has any 1 used chlordiazepoxide.???

Thank you

PADDYB
Oh PADDY, i feel for you, you really must seek help, you know it is bad if you are not getting even a buzz.. if you havent eaten for days, you are putting yourself at more risk, there is nothing in your tummy to absorb any of the alcohol, you need help to start your detox please call the doctor, you can get a home visit, hugs and prayers coming to you, and your lovely staffie.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:38 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Add me to the list. I'm ready for a massive change in my life.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:49 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whitehorses View Post
Oh PADDY, i feel for you, you really must seek help, you know it is bad if you are not getting even a buzz.. if you havent eaten for days, you are putting yourself at more risk, there is nothing in your tummy to absorb any of the alcohol, you need help to start your detox please call the doctor, you can get a home visit, hugs and prayers coming to you, and your lovely staffie.
thank you WH, the weening off i thought i could do didnt work, i think the doc will say just take the meds, and that s what is the problem, it would prob do the trick but pancking about taking them, this is madness
Old 01-02-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by whitehorses View Post
Hi PURPLECAT! i remember you from 2009, sound like you have been on the same ride as me since then, the road to moderation, only to realize the road was closed, nice to meet you again!
Yeah whitehorses - I guess some of just have to be stubborn about it. lol I see watsonc is here too - great that you had some success watsonc! Let's do this right this time! I still go into the August 09 thread. Only a few people left in there, but they are an inspiration as they were the successful ones from back then.

(((Paddy))) Sounds like you really could use that doctor's advice. I can't help you on the medicines as I haven't taken any. As far as the "indelicate" part of your post, alcohol sure can mess up a person's digestive system!

Here's the list again with our new additions - welcome!

ACT10Npack
Balerie
BlueEyedBoy
Bombshell
BoozeFree
Emma18
Fdm
Fubarcdn
H2only
lifewithout
Jallen83
James1983
lifeanew
iceteaplease
mah
newleaves2012
PaddyB
PurpleCat
Rugby8
Sarah1414
Shackles
stevie88
SoCalDude
TheOldMe
timetochange
timetotry
trevesty
tthornyone
watsonc
whitehorses

(PS - sarah, I am not really all that organized. I just remember someone named Breakfree doing that for us in the August 09 thread and it was a really nice way to make sure people were recognized. )
Old 01-02-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I would also like to be added to the class of January 2012...and I'm grateful to do it. Happy new year, everyone!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:15 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
mah

Originally Posted by Paddyb View Post
thank you WH, the weening off i thought i could do didnt work, i think the doc will say just take the meds, and that s what is the problem, it would prob do the trick but pancking about taking them, this is madness
Hi there paddyb .. first of all goodluck!
and 2nd maybe u should get a doctor and tell him ur problem, then go to meetings and stuff, u need to be around ppl who feel the same way, and can u help you through this! plz keep us updated, we are all here one class, and i really care for each and everyone of u! goodluck and stay strong, so the rest of us can be strong too!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:28 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Having very strong urges to drink at the moment,the kids are playing up,the inlaws are staying with us till the wife has the baby and they are driving me nuts...I took the dog out for his walk and i still havent got over the urge.....Just gotta stay strong for another 2 hours then im going to bed and get away from them all.......
Old 01-02-2012, 10:39 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
mah

Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
Having very strong urges to drink at the moment,the kids are playing up,the inlaws are staying with us till the wife has the baby and they are driving me nuts...I took the dog out for his walk and i still havent got over the urge.....Just gotta stay strong for another 2 hours then im going to bed and get away from them all.......
Stevie88 ! i think it is way too early to go back! stay strong my friend, you can beat this... and just flash forward to the end of the year and just see urself thinking "i am proud of myself, i have been sober for exactly one year"
you dont want to ruin it, look at how special the date 1/1/2012 looks
goodluck!
Old 01-02-2012, 11:06 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Meow

Welcome slackie!

ACT10Npack
Balerie
BlueEyedBoy
Bombshell
BoozeFree
Emma18
Fdm
Fubarcdn
H2only
lifewithout
Jallen83
James1983
lifeanew
iceteaplease
mah
newleaves2012
PaddyB
PurpleCat
Rugby8
Sarah1414
Shackles
slackie
stevie88
SoCalDude
TheOldMe
timetochange
timetotry
trevesty
tthornyone
watsonc
whitehorses

Stay strong stevie88!

Oh, and one more, very important thing to add.......GO MICHIGAN STATE!!!! BEAT GEORGIA!!!! There. I feel better now. (For those of you not in the US, I am talking about a college football bowl game going on right now.)
Old 01-02-2012, 11:26 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thanks for having me!!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I'm in. It will be rough but I am determined. Do we keep posting updates here or on seperate threads?
Old 01-02-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

you can post here and post personal updates in your own personal threads too.tall
welcome to everyone - new and old faces alike

Paddy - do speak to the Dr - be honest and tell them you're scared to take the meds...they may have some suggestions/reassuring advice?

D
Old 01-02-2012, 01:04 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I was going to do this on a seperate thread but maybe useful for all of us.

Does anyone have any recommendations for literature on alcoholism, be it the psychology or science of the illness. I know that I am going to have to obsess on this topic , and gain logic weapons to fight my 'inner demon/voice'.

Any pointers very much appreciated
Old 01-02-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

I believe Under The Influence by Milam and Ketcham is a good read along those lines
there's some excerpts in the sticky posts on top of the Alcoholism forum

D
Old 01-02-2012, 01:17 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.

Book ordered and off to read the stickies.