This is gonna be Dave tomorrow when he finds out ------->
Old 12-20-2011, 10:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Editor

Yea mirage.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Editor

Just wanted to let this out. I just got done burying my lab in the back yard. She had a stroke or a heart attack. It was quick and she did not suffer. It was my sons baby and he is not handling it too well. Yes we were asleep and we heard a crash in the hallway. When we got up and checked.....she was gone. Man I didnt realize how much I LOVED that dog. It hurts. I feel even worse for my son. I started telling him the Death is part of life......It just sucks. Sorry to be a downer, but this might knock me down for a while.
Staying Sober
DAve
Old 12-21-2011, 02:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Dave...I am so sorry for your loss. Dogs become family members, and I know how much it hurts for them to go. I hope your whole family can relish the fond memories to get through the loss. When my last dog went at 16, my daughter made a nice collage of pictures of her, which hangs in the shop, where she lived.

It really sounds like you stayed strong for your son in the situation. Aren't you glad you had the presence of mind to handle it that way? Stay sober, my friend.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm so so so so sorry, Dave! I'm all teary just sitting here reading that. I pray that God puts His arms around you and holds you all tight as you grieve. I'm thankful that he went gently.

(((((((((((Dave and family))))))))))))))
Old 12-21-2011, 03:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for your loss Dave

D
Old 12-21-2011, 04:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers

Dave, I am so sorry for your family's loss. **********{Dave and Family, Especially Son}}}}}}

I believe that our pets go to the Rainbow Bridge. I believe that their love stays in our hearts as a promise and that their spirits are waiting for us to be reunited once we leave this world. Do you know this story?

I'm choking up thinking of your sadness today.

Grateful for you Dave.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I had a bizarre, detailed drinking dream where a corporate executive I was trying to impress bought me a $99 vodka drink. I took three sweet sips before I realized it was booze. I thought for a split second about drinking it and then thought, "Heck no, I don't want to be drunk. I need to be at the top of my game." I put the drink down and got a glass of water at the bar.

In another gift of sobriety, I was able to help last night. Our close friend's dad had a stroke while on an island vacation. He was airlifted last night to a local hospital. They needed babysitting. I was able to easy-peasy pick up the littler kid, drop off the bigger kid at wrestling practice, juggle the dogs, get everyone home. Death and illness rattle me. Trigger my stuff. I was aware of my discomfort but I didn't let it rise into a freaky-deaky panic attack. Thank you Recovery.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

There was a couple of share on the last thread that really touched me. (They all do!)

Lofty, I loved hearing your growth about your new business. I think that your grief period shows your growing strength and spirit. You grieved the past, felt the feelings, and MOVED FORWARD. That is flipping cool. IMO, this is being whole and strong in your gifts:
"At this time last week, I was freaking out. I spent about 3 days in isolation, feeling very lonely, anxious, and distraught. And, I was feeling some loss of the old relationship, even though it was definitely time. It's almost like I went through a grief period. Glad thats over!"

PBC, I love your giving spirit. I want you to feel all the gifts and nurturing you give to others for yourself as well. In my opinion, us "Martha" people have an opportunity to learn how to receive and accept as well as do and provide. (I'm talking about the Bible "Mary & Martha" story. Let me know if folks don't know what I'm talking about.) God wants us to feel his Love, his endless limitless infinite love.

Aussie, who are the puggy trio?

Dave & Lofty, these posts touched me:
D: "This is my most special place in all the world, Ray. Once a place touches you like this, the wind never blows so cold again. You feel for it, like it was your child. "

"I hope and pray that the Peace of God, which is beyond understanding, will be upon each of us in our endeavors throughout the season, and that He'll keep us sober, safe, happy and grateful for the blessings of our life."
Old 12-21-2011, 04:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((frances)))

D
Old 12-21-2011, 04:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

And PBC, as I'm thinking about this idea, for myself, I think that we Marthas can learn to give OURSELVES everything we need, that we don't have to wait for someone else to give it to us. That is a part of the puzzle for me. I can be complete and whole in my relationship with the Infinite, and all the puzzle pieces from everyone and everything else in the Universe are brocaded on to that completeness.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Frances, would you like to move in with us? My kids can share a room. I love your perspectives.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Old 12-21-2011, 06:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Editor

Originally Posted by mirage View Post
Holy moly! I think I'm first this time!
So many directions I could go with this!:rotfxko
Old 12-21-2011, 06:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Editor

Thank you Everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. Thank God I am sober. It makes difficult times easier.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Aw Dave, I'm SO sorry, that's very sad news. Hugs and love to you and yours. :ghug3
Old 12-21-2011, 10:43 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Frances...thank you so much for your responses. Like Dave, I'm so glad to be sober as I make this bold attempt to move forward in my business. Already, God is opening doors in the most unlikely of places. In fact, this morning, in my dentist's chair, my hygeinist informed me of a large inheritance. We are getting together for planning! God is good!