Administrator

LOL nice pics guys

D
Old 09-29-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Editor

Im with Dee. Nice pics.
Did I crash the site earlier?

See yall on the flip side. I need some sleep.
Dave
Old 09-29-2011, 07:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

♫ Oh, wheeeerrree are my flip flops?
Oh wheeeeerrre are my flip flops?
Oh where oh where oh where oh where oh WHEEEREE
Are my flip flops? ♫

(sung to the tune of "Where is My Hairbrush" in Veggie Tales.

Nice to see you, IanCal! I haven't been doing so wonderfully, either. You're not the only one. Let's do this together, okay?

Lofty, I wonder if that was the same storm that ripped through here around 6:30? I was driving to church to do music for the youth group, and the skies went from sunny to REALLY dark and scary. I could see the HUGE edge of the storm formation, too, as it swirled and built coming off Lake Michigan. It lasted about 25 minutes here, and ended in a really amazing rainbow.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks PBC, I need the mutual support. I'm looking forward to getting past day 3.. I want to feel normal again. I'm interested in hearing how things are going for you.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
orangutan

iancal if your struggling tell us about it, I don't think anyone here has had an easy go at stopping I can't remember how many false starts I have had lasting one or two days and drinking again I managed to get to 105 days at my best and blew it and am now at day 92 I am taking every day as it comes but need to make it this time. Please keep posting and we will get through this together.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:13 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks Aussieblue and congrats on day 92! Being sober feels so good yet its so easy to make that split second decision to drink again. I feel i've made progress, admitted my problem, really been honest to myself about it and was seeing a counselor this year. I've even sharing my problem with a few close friends. I'm proud of those step but I feel the next step is AA..I've thought about it many times but have never gone. It seem like a whole other level of admittance, commitment and transparency. I kinda feel now that I've tip the scales in favor of going to AA. But you are right, I need to get to today first.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
The Winner Takes It All!!!!!

that was at my brothers wedding,notice the cup of tea lol.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:15 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
The Winner Takes It All!!!!!

THE PICTURE THAT REMINDS ME THIS IS NOT NOMAL AND WHAT I LOOKED LIKE THINKING I WAS NORMAL

Old 09-30-2011, 03:12 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Morning Marchers--*or good afternoon*--
Professor, those photos are proof positive of your amazing transformation.

Up stoopid early to go to the gym. Back later Marchers! The fall chill arrived last night and my little dog is super-charged with zooming happiness.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:02 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Editor

Ok. I just went through 60 pictures of me on facebook. I am sober in 1. That is pretty sad. But.....that is the old me. I was going to post some of the ugliness.....but I cant right now. No one has taken any pictures of me since I have quit drinking???? Whats up with that. That is except for the one. I will have to do some modeling this weekend. Ladies and Gents....you are in for a treat.
I know I know it is too early for me to be acting the fool but it is Friday!!!!

PLH
Dave
Old 09-30-2011, 04:34 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

DAVE DAVE DAVE DAVE!

That is all.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:48 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

ooo! I had a realization! You know how Lofty talked about the fear of success? Well I have a fear of failure that means I edge away from risky situations to minimize the chances of being hurt or not getting what I want.

You know how I spouted that "No is just one more step on the way to Yes" thing? Well, I realized I don't do it myself. That makes me a hypocrite.

I got another No with my column yesterday. Budget cuts yada yada. Instead of being sad and all poor-me, I'm going to respond with "OK, how do we get to YES?" with it. There has to be another way to make it work.

THANK YOU LOFTY for the inspiration!

iancal, welcome and nice to meet you. I have never been to AA but I totally support you if in trying it out to see if it's right for you.

For me, once I actually told people about my real problems (in Real Life and here on SR) the shame started lifting and I was able to see that I needed help, and could get it, and that this is a GOOD thing. Starting with being a sneaky drinker. And now I'm getting better from depression and anxiety issues that were really shameful to me. I need help, I'm getting help, and I feel SO much better.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:15 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Good for you Frances! I just hit the gym as well. My youngest son wanted to be dropped off early at school for an extra geometry session prior to the test. (yes, secretly proud, but with young men, you just have to act cool, like wanting extra school is normal). What I meant by hitting the gym is that my Y membership just went up to $52/mo for just me! I can join the state-of-the-art "community" (wife's interpretation: meat market) gym for half that and have more amenities and classes I like, plus personal trainers. It's called "Urban Active", which, to me, sounds more like a case of the herpes, but the facility is nice. At $25/mo with no contract, I may have to try it. Need to stay active (no, not urban active).

I'm liking the feeling of sober success. No, I don't have a check in hand, and I shouldn't count my chickens until they have paid me to do so, but my business sense has kind of kicked back in high gear based on the hope alone.

Iancal, what Aussie said. I am only 55 days in after my original March start, and many others in between. For me, it's different this time. I am simply over the drunk life. I had given up on AA and was starting toward SMART Recovery, when God hit me over the head with a 2 x 4 in a series of events that led me to a new, lively, positive group of folks at AA, and I've been attending 2-4 mtgs a week, making good friends. I like it, and I'm glad God knocked me silly. He's also given me a bit of sanity in realizing that after 28 yrs of contemplating whether or not I'm an alcoholic, it was time to **** or get off the pot, as they say.

Dave, as your campaign manager, we need to remove 60 of the 61 FB photos before your first debate; then we will have plausible deniability. But, keep the pics on hand as a reminder to yourself. If you were like me, your close friends, family, and other associates won't need reminders, but let me know of any who may be trouble and I'll contact my friends at MIB for a mind eraser for them.

Aussie...Day 92!!!! Congrats. Sorry I missed the 90 day bend! Good to see your posts again. I thought you had been interminably sucked into the black hole created by Mirage at Red Lobster. Chicken...can you imagine! That's like going to Morton's and having a hot dog or lasagna!

Mirage...what to say....Mirage, Mirage, Mirage. Hmm...kinda sounds like Marsha, Marsha, Marsha... I have only one thing to say to you. If you want your family to grow, you will have to buy more than one hamburger platter and two cokes. There. I've said it; it's over. Now I can get on with my life.

Have a great sober Friday all!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:32 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Oh yeah!!! PBC and PF! I can't forget you guys! By now, PBC is looking at the red light on the camera, and doing awesome! I want that Mexican dish, and a link to the spot.

PF...that photo of you drunk is a keeper. It'd be on the inside of my locker. I have always thought that I am very blessed that my maker has not allowed others to think to take a photo when I'm blacked out drunk and falling all over myself. But, about once a week, He has a way of reminding me of those many different instances. Frances is right, remarkable change; you should be proud and ecstatic.

Frances (second post)...you are not a hypocrite; you are a giver. If you ever consider self-publishing a book, on gardening or something, I come from a family of authors, none yet famous, but holding their own. One uncle is a guru on self-publishing articles and books. If you are interested, I'll pm you his info. I know I just flow along, grammar be damned, on this site, but I am also a writer, and have a somewhat standing offer with one of the local journals to send work as it strikes me; non-paying, of course, but my editor has published me each of the handful of times I've sent him stuff. The payoff is that he lets me put a tag line about my business with contact info. Its been a while, so I need to send him something again soon.

Yes...Frances, be heartfelt and compelling, and honest with your editor about why and how your column is so worth it to him. You have my best vibes coming your way. Thank YOU!
Old 09-30-2011, 06:48 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Dave, I almost already forgot what PLH stood for...pope loves hope? people living happily? pretty lengthy hotdog? Then, I remembered...it's perky little harlot! I mean...peace love and happiness!

Acronymically Yours,
Old 09-30-2011, 06:52 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Editor

PF outstanding transformation. Your reminder picture is what 90% of my photos look like. You should be very proud of yourself. You have taken the bull by the horns. KUDOS!
Dave
Old 09-30-2011, 07:05 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Editor

Ok. Since we are pretty much family here. I found a photo of me on my wifes camera. I didnt know that she had taken this of me.I hope that this will not tarnish my political career.
Crappers. I cant get it to load. I will have to make it my profile pic. Change of plan...follow the link.
Dave

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...idnt-know.html
Old 09-30-2011, 07:16 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Isn't this what ended that New Jersey guy's political career?

Sincerely,
Dave's former campaign manager
Old 09-30-2011, 07:22 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Editor

I just couldnt resist.

I think that is what he said.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Editor

Ok, I will tone it down a bit. I have not nor will I ever look like that. We all have dreams and I think this one is my wifes. I hope that everyone has an outstanding day. Now I have to go work out. I will find the real deal and you will see Dave. Really my profile picture is not too far off.
Dave