Notices

Class Of March 2011 pt 7

Old 09-30-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
orangutan

:rotfxko o.k. just picked myself up of the floor . Thanks for the laughs again this morning guys.

iancal, glad you feel a bit better today , in the begining for me I had so many different emotions going on I could go from laughter to tears in the same breath I had physical symptoms , no sleep I was a mess but it does get better . Keep coming here, these people really have saved me.

Dave thanks for putting up the photo its great being able to put a face to the name .

Frances good work on the positive thinking .

Lofty no computer was like being in the red lobster/chicken/blackhole for sure , I am an addict to this site and need a daily fix.

Mirage, a "perky little harlet day" to you too. lol.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:31 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Good thoughts both Dee & PF. Keeping sobriety top of mind is going to be key. I'm trying to think about sobriety over alcohol. I think I'm also learning that admitting I am an alcoholic doesn't mean I've committed to sobriety. I don't think I've ever told myself that i'm in recovery.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:22 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Editor

iancal. I feel your pain. Feeling better use to give my AV an angle to work with...."you can handle this, Whats the big deal" It always suckered me in after a few weeks. I am not pushing religion on you. But there was something divine that took over my journey. I was afraid to quit. I was afraid to keep doing what I was doing. I was at a crossroads. The difference between all the other times I wanted to quit and this time.... was ME and SR.
I truly was ready to quit and SR was there for support. Something that I never had in the past. I did not go the AA route. I went down my own path. I finally got tired of "insert extremely long list". I was not happy and life was not that great. But why. I was being my own person and doing what I wanted.....as long as alcohol was involved. It was smothering my life.
It is not easy and that dang AV is going to try to trick you. I looked in the mirror every morning and had conversations with myself. Yes I looked like a crazy man, but it worked for me. I would name off why I was quitting and what I wanted out of my life. I wanted to be "normal". Well one of the best things that I figured out was that I was not normal. Things got a lot easier after that point. The rewards are 10 fold over the rewards of alcohol. If you ever need someone to talk to...I am here as are many other smarter and more sane people her on SR. If you are down....share it. If you are happy tell us. IF you are sad we are here... share it.We are all on our own journeys, but so much alike. Someone will understand. It may not be me but someone will be here for you.

Disclaimer. I am goofy, half crazy and am enjoying the hell out of my life. But I really do care and am willing to give you whatever support that I can.

Stay on your path and It will be easier. It is worth it.

Peace Love and Happiness
Dave
Old 09-30-2011, 04:35 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

What lf said. On phone at aa mtg. Couldnt put it better. Well stated, Dave. Hang in there, ian.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:51 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

PF, that second video was AMAZING! I posted it to my fb, too. Thank you for sharing it!
Old 09-30-2011, 07:57 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
orangutan

Having one of those days Mirage next time you go duck shooting use me for target practice.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:00 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope your day gets better Aussie

D
Old 09-30-2011, 09:17 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
orangutan

OMG huge storm just past, hail, strong wind rain and you couln't see 5 ft in front of you.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:18 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you're ok aussie

D
Old 09-30-2011, 09:35 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

(((((aussie))))) I'd never shoot at you, love! (Heck, I didn't even shoot at that duck.) I'm crashin..hope your day gets better!!
Old 09-30-2011, 11:25 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
The Winner Takes It All!!!!!

today loocal temp is 28 degrees celcius, if it tops 28.4 it will be the hottest recorded day in October in the UK in history, and its a good possibility, we have had a right mini heat wave approaching our usually cold weather. Its 7.24am and getting ready for a barmy day of sun shopping and ......
Old 10-01-2011, 04:26 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Editor

Off to the cross country meet. 6 hour drive. 20 min run. sleep get up 6 hour drive. I guess it will be fun. Aussie hugs coming your way.
Dave
Old 10-01-2011, 05:26 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Gee, Dave, you know how to make a dad feel guilty! I dropped my son off at the school to catch the team bus to a meet 2 hrs away. We are not going...as its out of our radius, and we have too much to do and other kids have activities too. But, you do remind me that our family is due for a road trip soon.

Hope all are well. Today should be a good, productive one for me!
Old 10-01-2011, 05:39 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Always Remember...the SR timewarp

Old 10-01-2011, 05:41 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Finally...I figured out how to upload a pic. The previous post is one my wife took of me this past week.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:23 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Lol..there's Lofty sittin at the computer! Cooo-kiees!

Have a fun meet, Dave. Go Dave Jr., go! umm...RUN! er...FASTER! (Right. This is why there are no cheerleaders for track and field.)

Droppin the kiddos off w/ the 'rents, then a haircut and bar tonight for the gig. Should be fun..there's a bunch of us going. Going a bit early to have a meal first. Yum! And I'm bringing suckers to the bar, as I won't know what to do with myself without a beer and the trips outside to smoke. Sure, I'll look like I'm on X, but that's ok. (People often suck on suckers when they take ecstasy, for those of you who have no idea what that meant.) So anyway, should be a good day. Tigers and Yankees got rained out last night, so hoping to catch some of that game tonight, too. Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!!
Old 10-01-2011, 10:26 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Now Lofty, I've seen pictures of you and that is NOT you. Your fur is much darker.

Dave, I hope your son does GREAT today! Track is a great sport because it's one that can be continued into adulthood.

Aussie, how are you doing today?

Mirage, I did not know that about suckers and X. I feel so informed now! Have fun with your friends tonight.

So I drank yesterday, and I can feel it today. Just to remind you all of what it feels like, I am all shakey. A little nauseated. Luckily I don't have to talk much, because my thoughts aren't coming out as eloquently as my mind conceives them. I woke up super-thirsty and I've had a low grade headache all day.

Today is October 1, which is a fabulous day to be sober. Thank you all for being there for me when I mess up.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:56 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi PBC... I felt like that all week.. shaky.. nervous.. couldn't eat much. Finally eat three meals yesterday and getting back to normal. Still not sleeping that well. I stayed pretty busy last night cooking dinner and baking cup cakes to keep my mind off of drinking. I was happy I got through the night. Today i'm planning a trip to golden gate park.. hope to keep my self busy again.

Have a good Oct 1st!
Old 10-01-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hang in there, PBC, today is a new day..and thanks for posting that..I will take it with me as I go out tonight and it will help me I'm sure. Hugs.

Hi ian..glad you're feeling better today. Wow..golden gate park..sounds lovely. Enjoy it.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:54 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
The Winner Takes It All!!!!!

a few pics from todays outing with the mrs - http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-days-out.html