Class Of July 2011 pt 4

Continued from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...pt-3-a-20.html

Keep up the good work guys!

D
Old 09-20-2011, 09:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry for the snap shutting... but I gotta go get out offline...enjoy the rest of your night/day guys

D
Old 09-20-2011, 10:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Geez I was in the middle of a post Dee........lol......I thought I had lost my mind when I went to submit and it told me it was closed!! It's too late at night for such tricks!

I think there would be enough money in a lotto win for all the Julians, don't ya think?

Then Elvis could have his pet penguin, I could go to all the Patriot football games, Cypress could fix the stairs she fell down, Stu could hire a running coach, and MMS could become a famous dream interpreter for the stars.

K, I am getting stupid now, going to hit the hay. See ya tomorrow!!

Hey Elvis, I was doing a little math....we hit 100 days on October 11th! You too Silver!
Old 09-20-2011, 10:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

VC that is funny :-) But ok I will share! I want a running coach too though.

I am about to turn in so that means a big 60 days sober! That is probably better than winning the lotto anyhow.

Sweet dreams of interesting things!!
Old 09-20-2011, 11:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Early start this morning so thought I would pop in and say Hello!

Cypress, hope you feeling better and on the mend, watch those stairs in the future!!!!

Startup, I get the tiredness thing, lately have really had to drag myself out of bed in the morning, and motivation??? what is that again?!?!
But I think it is the next phase of the healing process, I have noticed that over the last week or so a lot of aches and pains that have been constant companions for a long time have either gone or lessened quite a lot. Remember reading somewhere that 12 weeks is a significant point of physical recovery and since I'm coming up to that maybe this is why.

Elvis, I get the booze dreams too, really bother me as in my dreams the desire to drink is overwhelming, and when I wake up I feel the dread as though I really had been drinking, then reality hits and I realize I'm sober and relief floods over me!!!

Was having a bad morning yesterday, worried about where my life was going and the fact I don't have much of a life at the minute, and as if she had read my mind my best friend text and said we need a girly shopping day out with lunch......so we can pick her out a frock for her birthday next month. Really made my day :-)

Hope everyone is good and well, love and hugs

Kat
Old 09-21-2011, 03:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
Geez I was in the middle of a post Dee........lol......I thought I had lost my mind when I went to submit and it told me it was closed!! It's too late at night for such tricks!

I think there would be enough money in a lotto win for all the Julians, don't ya think?

Then Elvis could have his pet penguin, I could go to all the Patriot football games, Cypress could fix the stairs she fell down, Stu could hire a running coach, and MMS could become a famous dream interpreter for the stars.

Hey Elvis, I was doing a little math....we hit 100 days on October 11th! You too Silver!
100 days wow. I've really enjoyed all of this and I'm not stopping now.

This recovery business is like any sports game. You can play it defensive by coping from day to day which is sometimes necessary but on the off chance that you're feeling good and comfortable in recovery then it's time to really take the game to the enemy and reinforce why you made the choice you made. I do this by reading books on recovery.

Most importantly I reflect on the last 12 weeks or so and how I've become a completely different person in that time.

I'm never letting up. Too much at stake here.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on a hundred days EIAS

D
Old 09-21-2011, 03:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats on a hundred days EIAS

D
Ah I'm not at 100 yet D. Not for another 20 or so!
Old 09-21-2011, 03:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL long day - I'm into my 19th hour....:

sorry EIAS (and VC)

night gang LOL

D
Old 09-21-2011, 05:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good morning/evening Julians . . . great to hear all the postive stuff going on. From bad dreams with happy awakenings, strange dreams with curious interpretations, running and soberity milestones, Patriots games, chicken soup . . . we have it all going on.

I also think it's so terrific that you/we all are so happy and excited about sobriety. I know that it's not all day, everyday we feel this way, but it seems often enough for us to get enough encouragement from others when things aren't going so well at the moment to make it through one more say. I've shared in meetings a couple times how powerful I believe 'One day at a time is' . . . and I thought it was nothing more than a clever little bumper sticker.

Another cloudy/rainy day here in Southern New England. But at least the fog is outside and not inside my head! Yipee!

Be well, be strong, be sober! Chat to you all soon!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post

Yep we are closing in on 100!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Morning everyone!

MeetMe, way to go on 60 days!!!!!!! That's huge!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Earth Child

We think we belong here 9 weeks ago was the last time we had anything so that should be July we hope .
Our father died we think it was a suicide we are trying to get through this with out anything like drink or drugs But its hard Our mum wants us to have a drink at the wake , we feel like drinking but know we mustn't or we wont be able to stop.
We need to stay sober

Hope everyone is ok
Old 09-21-2011, 10:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrSilver View Post
Yep we are closing in on 100!
Every day until then will be a strong day too. I'm enjoying every day sober.

I'm also terrifying and depressing myself slightly with this 'Under the Influence' book by Dr James Milam.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey all . . .I just looked into the Class of Sept thread. It's inspiring to see all those folks with a few days under their belt with the hope and determination to make this time in sobriety last. It's also a good reminder that I don't want to be back there. If all else fails, I go to bed zzzzzz.

I spoke with a friend of my from AA today. He had an amazing opportunity y'day which he was just beaming about. He kept saying how grateful he was to be sober and not high. And how 1.5 years ago, he would have completely blown the opportunity that he had. Another inspirational story to keep me going on and on.

Chat later . . .
Old 09-21-2011, 01:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Eyes Open, No Fear

Wow, we are on part 4, great job everyone

welcome Dark Asylum, good to see you here.

I am really just hanging in there these days. I am not sure what's up but it seems more difficult this past couple of weeks to keep my headspace clear. Ok, less cloudy. I still know I will never drink again, but where I used to be able to blow the thoughts away like a tiny cloud, they are creeping up more often and louder. Like a thunderstorm. and pretty much all the time too. I just keep telling myself this will pass. Just gotta get through it.

take care everyone.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back DarkAsylum

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I reckon you could toast your fathers memory with anything tho - It needn't be something that's bad for you....

D
Old 09-21-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Eyes Open, No Fear

Yes, my goodness I feel badly for not saying so as well, stuck in my own head. I am very sorry for your loss, Dark Asylum. Losing a parent is very difficult, I know.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome back DarkAsylum and I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad when I was a teen and I understand how hard this is. Stay sober and go through the emotions so you can begin to heal. Talk to people about your emotions. I ache for you - big hugs.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:19 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Part 4! Part 4! Yay, everybody, we made our little thread all the way to Part 4!

Way to stick together, Julians. Strong, supportive, and sober! Congratulations to ALL of us!