Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 5

Old 10-05-2011, 03:53 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Welcome TTQ! What's going on for you today?

Thanks for the kind thoughts everybody. If I can learn to stand solidly in the face of people simply disagreeing with me or actively being mean....I will have a tool that will allow me to conquer some really entrenched family issues. As things are now, if there is any whiff of conflict, I feel destroyed inside even if I keep it together on the outside.

After work today I have a fun coffee date planned and then a short run. I lost time yesterday feeling unfocused so today I'm going to knock things off the list.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:32 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
The Winner Takes It All!!!!!

Woooooo finally got my gamma GT down to 17, 6 months ago it was 99.

•Gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT or 'gamma GT'). This is another enzyme that occurs in liver cells. A high level of this enzyme is particularly associated with heavy alcohol drinking. (The liver breaks down and clears alcohol from the body and this enzyme is involved in the process.)
Old 10-05-2011, 09:37 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

That's great news, Professor. I know exactly how you feel—I was told just a few weeks ago that my enzyme levels looked great. Really grateful for that. I don't know my numbers though. Your post makes me curious.... Hey, now you can tell people that sobriety is like being 17 again!

Manz, good news and no news combined still count as good news. I hope you don't have to wait that long, but if anyone can stay busy, it's you.

Frances, coffee-cenrtic social activities rock. Can you imagine ever going for a run after meeting a friend for drinks at a bar? This lifestyle us so much more enjoyable in so many ways.

Rosco, Dee, TTQ, dickensen, chloe, and any other Undie Onendies out there—keep on doing it!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:15 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Oh I am embarrassed because I cried on my course today. We were talking about self esteem and bad self talk. Oh boy.... I shared my real good one, the one that is so deep seated it still affects me deeply. And so I cried. Ugh, I am not good at doing that in public.

The good part of it is that I know this is the last thing I need to face and deal with, and then I will feel whole. So glad I can recognise that.

Busy busy as usual.....but I guess busy is good.

Hugs my Undie Onedies
Old 10-05-2011, 10:26 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think crying can be cathartic Manz
I'm glad you're in sight of whatever needs doing tho

D
Old 10-05-2011, 10:28 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good for you, Manz. I think you have no reason to be embarrassed, and every reason to be proud.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:19 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

You dudes rock! Hugs coming to both of you.

BTW.....Dee...the avi makes a welcome comeback.....this one of yours always makes me smile.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:41 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Looking good Dee!

I think it was so brave of you to share Manz. Proud of you. Glad too WHEW that the tests are OK and will keep twirling with you until you get the next results.

R&A, lol I can't imagine running with alcohol in my system...it's hard enough as it is, lol!

Have a good day/evening Undies!

How is everyone today?
Old 10-06-2011, 06:07 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Decided to join this thread because I'm finally convinced I am going to make it. There are a ton of posts to go back and read so I might just start from here and continue.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:45 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Charon, Welcome to the group. Seems that you belieive that you are over the hump. How long have you been off the booze? Do you have any cravings or do you hear a little voice trying to lead you astray?

Professor, Congratulations on your liver reading. I wonder about my liver having drunk every day for 40 years. The doctor says my blood tests fall into normal ranges but that does not mean that I don't have liver damage. One of the reasons I quit was concern about liver damage.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:08 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Welcome Charon great to have you on board. I loved it when I started to believe in myself and this new path, so happy to hear you are there too!

Nice to see you again dickensen, how are you doing?

Frances.....thanks hun! I'll try to twirl today too in amongst the things I muct get done!

Proff.....that is great news about the liver results, I meant to say something. Mine too were waaaaaaaaay outta whack, and have slowly recovered to an almost normal range. The docs are happy. Isn't it great that our livers can regenerate....kind of like our souls recovering after the abuse we rain on ourselves by using alc/drugs.

I miss Itchy, must pop over and see how he is doing in the one and over!

R&A....how you doing hun?

Gotta run, lessons to give, people to see, jewellery to make...oh...and study to catch up on!

Hugs my Undie Onedies
Old 10-06-2011, 01:35 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

That reminds me - I've been in and out here all week...I meant to say I'm glad your results were good Manz - hope the other result is as good

Welcome Charon - great to have you here
Old 10-06-2011, 09:06 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard, Charon! Glad you found us.

I've got very little to report except that I'm now seven episodes into the third season of "Breaking Bad," and expect to polish off the remaining ones in the next few days. (Great show about a terminally ill chemistry teacher who becomes a major meth manufacturer; the actor deservedly won three consecutive Emmys for best performance in a drama.)

Anyway, I realize that isn't exactly big news. But I like that about my life right now: no big surprises, no big dramas. I used to have so much drama when I was drinking (though most of it existed only in my head). Now I seek out peace. I even recoil from debate-like threads on SR. I have no battles to wage, real or imagined. Not a lot of excitement either... but that's actually fine by me for now. I am content just being content.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:29 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

90 days here!

When I began this journey not drinking for 90 days was unimagineable. Occasionally I hear the tempting additive voice but it is getting weaker through time. This world of sobriety takes some getting used to as old habits and memories linger and sobriety becomes the norm. Hopefully, in the next 90 days my drinking days will become more like fleeting memories and the contentness described by ReadyandAble will settle in. I don't think I would have made it this far without the SR posts. Thanks to all for all of your insights and words of encouragement.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:24 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Maybe I'm in the wrong place. I didn't realize there was a 6 months and under thread. I'm in the class of September 2011. I'll look for the other thread. No offense meant by posting here. Just an oversight.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:34 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

To be honest most people tend to stick to the monthly threads now Charon - we do have a 30 days and under thread tho...it's just not very active....

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-4-a-7.html

but I can't even find the 60 days and under thread

D
Old 10-07-2011, 05:49 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Catching up to say how glad I am Professor that your liver numbers are so amazingly improved.

In my opinion, I say the more the merrier with people on the thread, stick where you like being and where you are getting support.

My cold is better and my energy is back up. Woot!
Old 10-07-2011, 06:09 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Keep rollin, rollin, rollin,
Keep posting, posting, posting, S.R.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:49 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

nice one cheered up now, just noticed its DAY 200 for me today, and I didnt realise it was approaching lol. Well done me.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:10 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

WELL DONE YOU! What a nice round number.

What's your sober date? (Checking my maths; I'm March 1 and 221.