Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 5

Old 12-23-2011, 04:08 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Itchy,

Thanks for the YouTube "Count Your Blessings".
Old 12-24-2011, 12:44 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Christmas Eve here and all is finally quiet in the house. Half of the family over for a bbq this evening and it was lovely!

I showed my 9 year old neice this super cool putty in a jar that makes fart noises........ and all of us, from 9 to 71 years of age were cracking up laughing out loud. I am now the coolest Aunty in the world and got 2 big hugs from the girl who hates to give hugs!

Ahhhhhh the small things in life!

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas day, filled with love, laughter and all of your hopes coming true. Huge hugs to each and every one of you.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:58 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Right back at you, Manz. You're so lucky to be in one of the first places on Earth that Santa visits!

Happy holidays, everyone!

Old 12-25-2011, 11:21 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Boxing Day coming to a close here, Wee Man is sound asleep after a day in the sun with his cousin in the pool ans sprinkler!

I hope that everyone had a fantastic christmas day, or whatever you have been celebrating........... we sure have on this side of the world.

I must say that I am surprised about how much alcohol is being consumed around me, lunch and dinner times, and although I have had a few thoughts about how nice a cold wine may be.............. I really have not felt the NEED or DESPERATE DESIRE to have one. Love the fact I have gotten here.

Hugs to all, because
Old 12-26-2011, 05:22 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

A belated Merry Christmas everyone.

Today is 9 months Glory to God and thank him for saving me because I was dying.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:26 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

Indakut, 9 months! AWESOME!

Hope everyone had a great holiday and has a spectacular New Year's.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:32 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Awesome Job Indakut!!! Keep it up

Right back at you Jay, hope you are having a great holiday season.

All is good here
Old 12-27-2011, 02:47 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo

Old 12-27-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

I'm still here. Just been busy. Hope everybody had a good Christmas.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:28 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

Hey peoples. Just trying to get this thread goin' a little bit. Had a good day. Went to the gym. It's already packed with the "New Year's Resolution Crowd". Finished up a class I had to take for a year for my probation. Psyched that's over with. Have my birthday Thursday and then New Year's. Two days that used to revolve around drinking. Not this year!
Old 12-28-2011, 11:41 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Bumpity bump to the thread!

Yet another boozy family meal out of the way. What gets on my wick(annoys me) is that I come home to my own house at midday and find another empty bottle sitting on the bench as Mum has had her midday drink. Geez, I found , surprisingly, today that it annoyed me a little to have to clean up others empties. I think somewhere inside I would like to be able to have a drink, but right now(and for the forseeable) that having a drink would lead to more because i wold be drinking to relieve stress..........always a bad thing.

So glad to have had my first sober christmas, and am feeling ok about having my first sober New Year......as I will be having a party here! Yikes!!!!!

Hope everyone is fit and well and happy.....

Rock on my Undie Onedies :ghug3
Old 12-29-2011, 12:49 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
MINEr

Hola gang, just saying hello. I'm in the middle of a brutal 13 day stretch at work, all double shifts. Starting to get a bit pooped and a touch sick, but I've only five more days to go, I think I'll make it. Hope all have a happy and sober New Years!!!

camedown
Old 12-29-2011, 07:55 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Manz,

Have a good New Year's party with booze and the works. Hope that everyone at the party has a good time and gets along. You don't have to drink to have a good time and the people won't care if you drink or not.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:52 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

A year ago tonight I got pulled over for speeding. I was out getting something last minute for our New Years Eve party. That was the lie I told, like I'd told so many times before. I was really out to get more beer because I hadn't planned properly and was about out. I was very lucky to not get a DUI, because I had already had a bunch to drink.

You'd think that would be enough to make me quit but I continued to drink and get drunk for another 3ish months.

It's been quite he roller coaster ride these past almost 9 months. Recently I've survived crazy times at work and home. Survived Christmas parties where I'd for sure be drunk so I'd feel loose enough to fit in. I'm quite shy and that was a big reason I told myself I had to drink.

And tonight I'm having a fun time with family, playing games and shooting off fireworks. All while sober. I'm excited to see what 2012 has in store. Hopefully much better than the last 20 years.

Thank you all for your support, stories and kind words these past 8 months. I wish you all a happy new year and all the best for a safe and sober 2012.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Old 01-01-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Happy New Years Day Everyone!!!! Hope everyone has a healthy, happy, sober 2012!
Old 01-01-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Hope everyone had a fun, happy and safe New Years Eve......... it was also the first for me in a long long time that passed sober.

I had a wonderful time though full of laughs with friends and family at mine for a BBQ, and although everyone else was drinking I only felt mildly unusual to not be and was glad to wake up ealy on NY Day fit as a fiddle and bright.

It is now the 2nd January and the new year is in full swing.

I wish you all love, happiness and health for this new year. :ghug3
Old 01-02-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Full of the joys of the new year I see and far too busy to post. I do hope this means that everyone is still on track and and just having a wonderful holiday.

Wee man went back to his dads house this morning after being here since xmas.......and the place is sooooo quiet, strange. And then my folks leave tomorrow morning and so it will be a very quiet house.

I am looking forward to a little peace, although I have tonne of things to get done before I start work next Monday. Hard to get my brain around that right now after 11 months off work, but it is quite exciting. And then of course in 12 days it will be a whole year sober.......... ticking off the milestones now!!!

BRING US ALL YOUR NEWS PEOPLE.............
Old 01-02-2012, 03:08 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

...on the new thread...which continues here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-6-a.html

D