Wow, look at this shiny new thread...

Have at it, Undie Onedies!
Old 08-11-2011, 06:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, look at this shiny new thread...

Have at it, Undie Onedies!
Old 08-11-2011, 06:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dang. Brand new thread and I already messed it up...
Old 08-11-2011, 07:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

normally I'd remove that...but it sets the tone

D
Old 08-11-2011, 07:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Love it..... the adoption of the Undie Onedies name....and the oopsie.

I am thinking it may be time for a dream diary...has anyone ever done one? I am having such incredibly vivid dreams lately. People and places form my past that I havent though of in simply ages.....mixed up with future wishes.....and on top of that....AAAARRRGGGHH I had a dream about drinking!

I dont recall dreaming about drtinking before now....nevermind.

I am loving my aqua-aerobics, and a friend today said that she didnt recognise me standing at the side of the pool because I looked so slim!!! Ohhhhhhhh buit that was a real boost to my day I can tell you! Worth all of the hard work and effort...and I am enjoying it too.

Dee baby...may I call you baby(heehee)...definately glad you left the oopsie, a great tone for our thread.

Gee I hope that works Dee.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

OK..that did not work....I need computer stuff for dummies lessons.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

fixed it - no spaces in the tags, Manz

and no you can't call me baby

D
Old 08-11-2011, 09:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad your having success keeping in shape Manz. Och and I agree about the oopsie. Made me laugh.

Im doing better by a long yard here. I actually want a job.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I love to read a new thread and smile feels good. Wierdly enough I have been feeling good. When was the last time I said that?!?! AND I'm going to not even start thinking about how I shouldn't say that cause I'm sure that its temporary... I am just gonna let myself feel good.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey Kev!
Hi Nota

D
Old 08-11-2011, 10:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey D. Glad your feeling good nota
Old 08-11-2011, 10:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Aw, nice to know there's a place where even my mistakes are appreciated! (Thanks, Dee.)

Nota—so good to see you, dear ol' December classmate. And it's doubly good to see you feeling so swell! And Kevin too... and Manz as well... what a positively positive way to start our new thread!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 10:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Re-Member

R&A,
Yep ya set the tone just fine. I guess we can make it here, with just a little fixin up this place should be fine. Of course at least two of us tend to procrastinate on clean up duty.

Kev, glad you're doing well. Any idea what you want to do? Me I haven't a clue but I am also thinking about allowing the workforce to avail itself of my skills and savoie faire on a daily basis.

Manz,
Glad you are making headway with your aerobics. You and my wife! Here I am just sitting around minding my own business and she starts again with the Aerobics too. She has this DVD and a few years ago I made fun of those sissy aerobics. I was challenged to try to keep up. I was understandably disdainful after all I was a guy, I can lift and endure, I do weight training and scoff at twirling my arms around and pretending to run in place. Well I didn't quite finish the 30 minute workout. About five minutes in I suffered an egregious injury. My pride. I realized that I had erred . . . that stuff was killing me. I would be lucky to make it another minute nevermind 25 minutes. I toughed it out, and made it, barely. You ladies can keep your aerobics and bounce around all you want. Me, I'll be over here doing situps and crunches, chin ups, and push ups, real manly stuff. Umm, that is when I get a "Round Tuit."

Dee,:rotfxko I'll leave it at that.

Nota, that's probably a good decision. Nice to meetcha!

And where is Rosco?
Old 08-11-2011, 10:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yeagh R&A Im feeling real good. After i posted that long post a week ago or so a few things happened. One is that i take my meds more seriously now but in addition to that i got to reading a shame based book [on understanding that emotion] and another on boundaries. So im all turned round now. I do want a job though. So im hoping now that i am free from alot of fear and shame slowly build my confidence so as i can start moving forward and building what i hope will be good experiences [now that i understand the bad ones].

I still have a way to go but sure im rocking it

Good to see you here as aways D

Itchy im not really sure. I was living in a fear and shame sort of mindset for a long long time. I hope that now this is gone day in day out i will start to look at what is possible instead of what i fear or the burdens of guilt etc. Give me 3/4 days and ask me again chum

Oh and i plan to excercies too, physically i mean. Then i can get a round tuit also now im more happyier in my own skin i fancy going to the gym. Ive heard it said that excercise is counter intuitive in that in expending energy excercising you will often end up gaining more energy as a result. I hope so. I may need to take a refresh lesson on the gym though before they let me back in which may mean a week or so to wait since i have to buy some other essentials this week [print cartridges] and have bills [as ever].
Old 08-11-2011, 11:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Oh but Itchy, my aerobics is in the water and therefore looks far less...hmmm.....silly? Now that I have said that, maybe it is actually quite the opposite! And there is a weights element, with these things look like dumbells and are made from polystyrene type stuff......but under water with the resistance its like pumping real iron. I know because i do that in the gym sometimes too.

Ahhh..but right now I am ruining it all by eating a deliciously carb rich fat rich food...a special treat for wee man and I that we haven't had in aaaaagges. Fish and chips...minus the fish as I'm vegetarian lol...substituted with corn fritters. OMG...can not wait to ge tthe order.

Yummy yummy
Old 08-12-2011, 11:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

Thumbs up

Hi all!

Just popping in to see how everyone is doing. It warms my heart to see so many familiar faces. Happy to know you've all found the strength to remain sober.

As for me, I'm still going strong! Feeling secure in my sobriety but not cocky. Making an effort to address some of the emotional baggage that lead to alcoholism. Ready to deal with whatever comes up and then firmly shut the door on the past.

Life is good and I'm gonna live it to the fullest! Have a spectacular day Undie Onedies!

BTW: Rosco - I'm having curry tonight! Best recipe ever...thanks again.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:30 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Manz I love water sports too! I have to go easy and work my way up to a full exercise regimen. I have to wait until we do a heart echocardiogram on the 24th and get cleared again for moderate exercise now that I've been on the Lasix for a couple of weeks which seems to help . . . at least my ankle bone is showing again! I did a short 5 min video the last time I went to the pool to get back into some exercise. It is here:
funny Mr Bean goes to the swimming pool - YouTube

Kevin you sound better with every post. If that is your meds then stay on them! If not then whatever reading or counseling you are doing stay with it! You know those of us who have a tougher row to hoe than others might realize have some advantages in that we might just not only value a job a bit more, but might actually have fun doing it. I could stand on my background but at my age, that just means everybody doesn't call back because I am overqualified. I will most likely find a nice job as a sales associate in our Home Depot or Lowes locally. Very low pay scale but I am really not needing the money as much as a reason to get out and move about every day. Here they have a lot of retired military so those entry level jobs are competitive too.

Chloe, WB!
Congrats on your sobriety too! I will have my first Birthday next month on the 21st of September, and am glad to know you are doing well too. I just can't keep up with more than one thread or some newcomers posts and a chat occasionally. I am amazed to see Manz and others from here all over the threads and very active. So I lose track of many of my early friends made here. It is great when I run across them like Carlos et al.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:18 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Manz View Post
I am thinking it may be time for a dream diary...has anyone ever done one?
One Christmas, years ago, I was given two spiral-bound appointment books. Turned one into a dream log. It's funny to go back are read the dreams, look at the reoccurring themes, try to figure out what was going on in my life to produce such dreams.

If you are dreaming a lot, Manz, you should try to have lucid dreams.

Hope everyone is well.

--carl
Old 08-12-2011, 03:27 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Itchy im definately moving forward. I am economically disadvantaged and yes even socially inexperienced somewhat and could even be somewhat socially disadvantaged but these are just the cold facts. They do not in of themselves make me bad or wrong or inadequate. I dont feel that way. Infact its a goal of mine to not tell myself that i am its a new 'boundary' internally in my mind. I did a posting on another thread about it and also how to select and evaluate safe people.

I used to go on gut instinct and also i would feel people were 'getting the bestest of me' when they insulted me etc. Now i can see that often in those cases to a smart brain the one comes of looking silly is the person insulting without proper cause. I.e. its them at fault i can make that assessment now

Yes im ok. Job wise not sure but day by day im on a roll

Oh and best wishes in your job hunt itchy. Im not looking as such[yet] but i will be shortly.

kevster.