Old 08-12-2011, 03:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey Chloe

have a great weekend guys!

D
Old 08-12-2011, 05:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ha D i can tell your a bit more recovered than i. To me weekends are still vainly similar to weekdays. Oh there is somewhat of a different vibe outdoors, there is church [perhaps for me on a weekend] and it strikes me that friday night tv is maybe worth my time oh and there are awash of kids about but nope i have not yet gotten to enjoying a weekend. hey i will get there one day at a time.

discovered some more old music today. I do wish i had cherished my music and not drunk so much booze but there is no turning back now.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL weekends are pretty much the same as weekdays for me too Kev...but I do enjoy life mostly

you'll get there too

D
Old 08-12-2011, 07:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hmmmmm.....lucid dreams as opposed to? How does one actively know one is dreaming while in the act of dreaming. Now that would be a great skill!!

Itchy...please do make sure the ticker is ok before starting any exercise, would hate to see ya disappear. Huge hug.

Kevin..glad to hear that youa re moving in the right drection, and you really do seem to be.

Having a lack of energy day today.......siiiiiiigh. wee Man had to haul my butt outta bed this morning. even a peanut butter sandwich hasn't given me energy, nor all the coffee.

Going to go and try to put up my "easy to erect" gazebo....will let you know how easy it is. This is so that I can go and sell some of my canvases and jewellery(made by me) at markets! That is the plan anyway.

Have a wonderful weekend Undie Onedies.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope you find some energy, Manz

D
Old 08-12-2011, 09:34 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

lol, Manz, it's hard to detect that lack of energy as you head outside to essentially build a store.... Hope it's as easy as they say!

Speaking of dreams, a couple nights ago I met Quentin Tarrantino in a dream. I told him how much I enjoyed his movies (though just between us, I did think his last picture could have been edited down by a good hour or so). I'm happy to report he was a very nice guy, very gracious. Anyway, I'm not sure I would want to have lucidized that. (As long as I'm making up words, perhaps "lucidified it" would sound even cooler.. but I digress again). I think I prefer believing dreams, just for that moment, and letting myself be swept away by them. If one learns how to go lucid, can one later choose to stop?

I do know this: my dreams have become a lot more vivid, and generally a lot more positive, since I quit drinking.

Good to see so many familiar and friendly avatars around here!
Old 08-12-2011, 11:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

The gazebo was not easy to assemble.

In fact, it took a Tongan 6'2 bodybuilder to come and manage it. I have no hope alone.

And also..while I'm at it there was a hole in the top too..... grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Manz is not a happy camper ce soir! Pas du tout!!!!!!

I had the best dreams when I was younger.. I used to fly all over the place and wake up feeling incredibly happy and alive! I have read that it may be astral travelling....who knows.....I would love to go back to those dreams for sure. As for other dreams....boy there is no way I would be having them if i was lucid!!!!

Nighty night Undie Ondies.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

hello everyone!

Wow, we're still rocking!

Hello Chloe03 - I hope the curry works out! I just love that curry recipe!

Dee, have you seen Swansong around?

I've got some really wonderful news - probably the best news for a very long time. A close family member has been quite sick for the last 4 years and it's been put down to depression, anxiety, panic attacks, acute chronic fatigue, and a range of other symptoms (constant headaches, sensitivity to light, temperature, noise etc). It's been very stressful on all of us to the point that they "existed", ie eating, sleeping, watching tv, unable to study. Well, we kept working slowly through the problem from hospitalisation 3 years ago to just last week when we found the diagnosis - it's called Hashimotos Disease and it where the antibodies attack the thyroid and causes hypothyroidism. Well, it's fully treatable with thyroxine and treatment started last Monday. It's meant to take a month but by Wednesday (yes, just three days ago), there was an abrupt change, a very big change. The person that we loved has started to come back. Even today, the interaction, the interest, the life has come back. It's truly a wonderous thing for us, I can tell you. I feel like yelling out to the world, celebrating, dancing whatever. I know it's a tad early but I just wanted to let all of you know how elated we feel! We may even get to hug again but one step at a time. Miracles do happen and they happen here on SR too. I guess our miracles are that we are 6months + sober and that's such a huge achievement too. Well done to us!

Have a great day/night everyone!

Rosco.
Life=Fun; Alcohol=Devastation.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

What D sed:p [i wrote this before realizing page we had a page 2 on this thread, it was originally hoping Manz gets more energy]

Manz astral travel is something im interested in.

YN1 great uplifting news im happy for you.

oh and thanks for the feedback Manz-the good stuff.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:17 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad for your relative and for your family Rosco
Swan is around - usually posts in Oct thread though

D
Old 08-13-2011, 06:13 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Working on having a complete range musically here. Were each of us different but me i do enjoy a good miserable album so been catching up that way. Crazy #2 called round today and i had a pretty big i think one word for it [ive found in my books] abreaction.

I didnt answer the door and sought harmony with my angry metal records [reflecting my state]. I dont play metal unless im angry. I dont know definately if it worked since i had knock #2 [which i answered this time] and the neighbour was telling me she is moving out on friday.

Jolted me out of anger and back to sadness that one.

Abreactions abound.

Well i do have something to turn to when i feel mad angry so good! Im all played out on miserable records though :/ but i got two more sad records on order.

IDK its out of my hands. It was a jolt definately lots of abreactions. I can age regress if i want i guess. I used to feel this neighbour was taking pity on me and then suddenly going angry used to hurt me some. Who can say. Im hopeful moving on that now im better aquainted with balance i wont wind up mixed up with crazy people in the future. Boundaries help that 2. And Recovery. Hell i even own the Al Anon book now

It did give me a jolt that but i guess when you have known people for a long time that can happen. Yes major abreactions abounding. Guess i will just trust to a power greater than me and do what i can.

I can panic and think devil and deep blue sea but i think for now im going to sit tight and see how things develop She doesnt threated to kill me this one like the dude thats gone [arrested now] she just shouts. Next to no noise pollution either so its abreactioning thats it really although knocking round [twice] when i had said i wanted nothing more to do does indicate she may not respect boundaries so thats duly noted :>

listening to blues radio now but its a bit upbeat.....anyone know any good miserable albums [blues seems a little funky for my taste i prefer radiohead "the bends" [prog rock]]
Old 08-13-2011, 06:34 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Glad you hit thanks Ready

I meant to add Itchy that i have decided to give classic metal/rock a go. You mentioned the schitzoid man [[i think or something similar] from king crimson. I think my father[dad] has that album but for now i just ordered a deep purple compilation and a zztop [dads fave band]

Im pretty encouraged by the fact im taking an interest in my dads music
Old 08-13-2011, 06:41 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Amazing news, Rosco! Very happy for you!!

Kevin, if you want a really depressing album and can handle the twang of alt country, look no further than Ryan Adams and the Cardinals' "Jacksonville City Nights". An album so sad you don't just listen to it; you wallow in it. It was recorded before Adams began his own recovery from alcoholism and drug addiction.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:06 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Kevin it is interesting to come back from alcohol issues and then discover that there is a whole lot more recovering to do. In that you aren't any different than the rest of us.

You want miserable metal? Again one of my old favorites 21st Century Schizoid Man." Here's a you tube page with the album cut and the complete long instrumental with the amazing syncopation of the drums and instruments. The lyrics are posted there too. There is a good you tube mix of their music here: RED KING CRIMSON - YouTube
They are best heard while reading the lyrics. Greg Lake from King Crimson later joined with Emerson and Palmer to be Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:10 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Firstly....Rosco, excellent news, I am really happy for you. Hugs.

Energy has sadly gone bye bye..I feel a cold coming on, aches and soreness all over. I will try to will it all away. Must be doing too much lately, or maybe its the swimming at night and wet hair thingy??Who knows. Go away winter is all I can say right now!

I am selling my sons AllBlacks replica kit on our version of ebay...quite timely given the World Cup is about to start here soon. I Haven't told him as he will be devastated eventhough he has hardly worn it and it is now far too small for him. What I am shocked about is the whole scandal here surrounding Addidas and their pricing of shirts in NZ..making them loads more expensive here than say websites inn the US..and then blocking said websites from shipping to NZ once this was discovered and sales dropped here. Quite the Furore in the press and infinitely bad for the rep of Addidas. Interesting to watch it all play out!

Gee...when did I become so interested in Rugby. quite the ramble for you folks.

enjoy the weekend Undie Onedies
:ghug3
Old 08-13-2011, 08:14 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nick Cave is pretty dark and miserable too Kev...not to mention the Master of Misery Leonard Cohen...neither are remotely metal tho

isn't selling All Blacks stuff treasonous in NZ, Manz? LOL

D
Old 08-13-2011, 09:09 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Oh, Nick Cave, good call.... I mean, in a miserable sort of way.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:51 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Dee i actually like nick cave. Manz I did a bit of rugby[union] you know so i can actually relate more to rugby than say major league baseball or what we britishers call 'american' football

i have like idk 30 us$ left for the week R&A/Dee/Itchy so i think i will need to wait for any more cd purchases

EDIT: oh wow i just remembered amazon has now a feature called a 'wish list'. Thanks R&A [jacksonville nights] and Dee [leonard cohen] for the recommends which i have added to my amazon 'wish list' for memory. Amazon tells me i have bought 83 items this last month. Itccy i think King Crimson court of the crimson king has a striking albumcover [plus my dad owns it] so i wont forget that too and thanks too for your suggestion.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:11 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

oh i ended up adding 'hard again' by muddy waters as some bluesy music also to my amazon 'wish list'.

hey did any of you hear of the english 80's group "the smiths" - hows this for a fitting lyric "i was happy in the haze of a drunken hour but heaven knows im miserable now" i like them alot

oh and a got a new long player the other day with this line i enjoyed 'and ive never had a job because i didnt want one'
Old 08-14-2011, 03:05 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

The Smiths were masters of misery! They even use the word "miserable", lol. But I'm not personally connecting with that line—it's been a long time since I was genuinely happy while drinking. Numb was about the best I could achieve. This line from that Ryan Adams album better describes where I found myself at the end:

The engine turns on a dime
But I ain't goin' nowhere tonight
I ain't been goin' nowhere for quite awhile
Can't tell the truth in a house of lies
Can't explain what I don't know
One shot, one beer and a kiss before I go