Notices

Class of June 2011 Part 3

Old 07-06-2011, 01:49 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

LOL MissDucky - do you remember when your kids were 2 and 3? Those are the ages that they eat their young! I can't wait for the time they just want to sit in their rooms and veg! I don't get 3 seconds to myself on any given day.

Alright my dear - we're on. I'm working out tonight at 5, then again on Friday when the pull is the strongest. Keep strong and find that damn chocolate! Think of how much weight you will lose with no beer! How fabulous!
Old 07-06-2011, 01:51 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Love, Light & Peace

Hi everyone!

Had a great yoga class this evening. I'm feeling pretty good; even though it's Day 1 again I'm a firm believer that "2 steps forward 1 step back" is still, at the end of the day, a step forward.

MissDucky: Kudos to you! When we're sober we tend to notice lots of things we never paid attention to before. It's like when I put my contacts in before I take a shower in the morning, suddenly I'm aware of how dirty it is!

Blackbird: I am sorry that things are so irritating with your husband right now. Keep your chin up and enjoy your weekend away--it sounds fun!

Cherry & Tuesday: Keep your chins up too! (Meaning, each one of you has a chin. I'm not meaning to imply double chins here. )

Chimp: Animals love habits and a schedule; kitty was right on time for dinner!

LTJimmy: Glad your doggie is okay! I miss mine terribly...he's home in the states with my husband and I won't get to see him until Christmas.

Hugs to all and hope all are well!
Old 07-06-2011, 01:54 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Lay Lady - good choice on the yoga class! Welcome back to Day 1, I must have missed your post about coming back. Well today is today and here we are. I'm on Day 2 again and we can make it through the week.

Have you tried the hot yoga - fabulous for getting it all out of your system!
Old 07-06-2011, 02:07 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Classical - I think emotional is an understatement! After reading that post I put myself as a mother 10 years ahead and it was a little shock to the system. I remembered my mom constantly sleeping in the afternoons and I had nobody to play with. I swore that wouldn't be me....

Ok on a better note - share that running advice! I have had the worst time for years trying to get past a mile. I run, then walk, run then walk. My lungs burn and I can't get a good breath cycle on my strides - help!

BTW - how in the heck do you run in Atlanta!!! whew
Old 07-06-2011, 02:11 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Yes PLEASE share Classical! I have a bone spur in my foot, so I have to walk with my boot...hoping to be able to ditch it soon though...any for of exercise would work for me!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 02:17 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

MissDucky - have you tried arm exercises to get the heart rate up? Small steps when you are just starting. After a few weeks hopefully you can ditch that boot and get out walking - the more walking the faster you go the better you will start to feel!
Old 07-06-2011, 02:18 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Holy cow! That is a jaw dropping stream of posts. I can't find the words to express the raw emotion I feel pouring out of my computer screen. Not only do I have the feeling you're going to win your battles, I get the feeling your going to crush anything in your path preventing you from winning the battle. You ladies stay strong, stay together and stay sober. Holy Cow!
Old 07-06-2011, 02:20 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Well hey there Stream! How are things with you these days? Of course I'm back to Day 2 so I'm awaiting for the dreams to begin again. I just can't wait....
Old 07-06-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Love, Light & Peace

Squishy: I've done Bikram yoga a number of times before, but it was always an issue scheduling it around my drinking...I'd have to lay off the sauce for like two days in advance of a class because otherwise I'd be too dehydrated to get through the 90 minutes!
Old 07-06-2011, 02:25 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Holy mackarel Lady - you are correct! I'm so glad you will be able to get back at it. I've only done it a few times but how wonderful after I was done.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:27 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

bblackbirdfly, I read your post and popped straight down here. For the last few days, I read your posts and it was like listening to my gf talk about her ex partner of 12 years. Then I read this:

'Now I have to speed clean the house and make sure all is in tip top shape because "he who shall not be named" will be home soon. Funny thing is that no matter how hard I try its not good enough for him. He will find something to complain about... and it's all my fault. I've decided that know matter what he throws at me tonight I'm not going to let it get me angry or get me down. I'm just going to smile.'

I am not sure what to say but it does not have to be like this. This could be totally unacceptable for me to say but I have spent over a year listening to the hurt my gf went through emotionally, never being good enough, always being put down by her ex, his mother and having her family join in more through pity. As she says, she was not perfect, she could be a right bitch. But, it makes me really angry that she was treated like that and listening to you makes me feel the same. When we first moved in, she was always hoovering, always washing up. The fear in her youngest's eyes when he spilled food on the table! For god sake he is a little boy and I am messier than he! It makes me really angry to think she went through that for 12 years. Always being put down, never being right, not talking right, not having gone to the right school, not looking right, not washing up right, having to cook to a weekly routine ... what a load of absolute crap!

Sorry, I am really frustrated for you because I hear her in what you say. Sorry if I have spoken completely out of turn. Life is for living! You are brilliant, I hope you realise you are brilliant! Don't ever let anyone get you down. Don't ever let anyone turn you to drink.

Keep on your path because you are heading to great things!

Chimp!
Old 07-06-2011, 02:32 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Thank you for that post missducky it really spoke to me.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:35 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Squishy - I suspect you have already faced the Dark Side and those dreams will bother you no more. I am an expert on this, you know SteamWader is an alias.
I am DarthWader.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:36 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

SW - lol, that was good...
Old 07-06-2011, 02:48 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Sober another day. Cravings today a bit. Had tons of energy for 2 days and now depressed. Worried it's rapid-cycling bipolar. Going to psychiatrist next week who, in the meantime, was smart enough to change my Ambien to Vistaril. I hope it helps my sleep AND my anxiety. I took Ambien last night, slept 2 hours, and woke up with a ton of energy. Scary. It's the first time that's happened to me. Didn't get to see my daughters today because of the psychologist appt conflict but will see them Friday and then not again for 9 days. They are going on vacation with their dad. That will be the longest I've ever been without seeing them in their lives. I am scared about my sobriety during that time. I feel so weak today. Physically and mentally. Frustrated about the stuff the county wants me to do to get my kids back because it feels like a lot of requirements and I feel so tired all the time. But, I remember "don't do something permanently stupid because you are temporarily upset" (or uncomfortable, or hungry, or bored, etc.) So I have to remember that.

I hope you all are doing better than I today.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:54 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hey Prevail,

We are here for you each and every day. We know you can get through it without drinking. You are worth it. The happier you are, the happier your girls will be! It will be marvellous seeing them on Friday sober. I don't have children. I have step-sons and little siblings and love being with them sober. When I am drunk it is if they can see right through me!

Take care everyone! I'm looking forward to reading your posts in the morning!

Chimp!
Old 07-06-2011, 03:02 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
omg i think we're the same person. Everytime I feel like drinking I pop on SR. (and thats a lot people) unless I'm not at home.... then I think about SR. Cherry. I have full faith that you will be able to kick the drinking habit in the a**

Now I have to speed clean the house and make sure all is in tip top shape because "he who shall not be named" will be home soon. Funny thing is that no matter how hard I try its not good enough for him. He will find something to complain about... and it's all my fault. I've decided that know matter what he throws at me tonight I'm not going to let it get me angry or get me down. I'm just going to smile.
lol exactly it helps so much even if I just lurk and read what other people are saying.

As for your SO. I'm not going to pretend I know anything about your relationship. I don't know what things are like outside of what you've posted.

But you should not be feeling like this. You should not be worrying about what he'll say to you about the house not being clean. It is not ever ok to worry about the person you love bringing you down because little things such as cleaning are not up to their standard. If he wants things done a certain way he can do it himself.

missducky - Just the way you talk about your kids and grandkids I can tell how much you love them. I know you have it in you to be an amazing mother and I know without the alcohol you are amazing.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:33 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

MissDucky that was such a good post.

I feel like that mom today. I thought about spending the day in the whiners thread but it seems a little slow there right now. I'm feeling kind of crappy from the surgery. Worried about over doing it, broke because I haven't worked in over two weeks and I haven't received a disability check yet. I haven't been able to do anything fun with my kids and I'm really feeling guilty about it. I has expected to be feeling well enough now to atleast be up visiting the lake with them or something. I know it will pass. Everything might come together tomorrow even. But today's just yuck.

Prevail - it sounds like you are off on the right track. Don't be afraid to be alone. It's much easier sober. I know how much you will miss the girls, but maybe you could use that spare time to work toward you goals to get them back. Get your plan going and knock of some of that to-do list the county gave you.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:39 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Great job walking away! Bblackbirdflyy!
Old 07-06-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Classical - I totally agree with you. It would sound odd to someone outside of this but I really think of you guys as dear and close friends. Heck, you probably know more about the inside of me than most of my friends.

And that's phenomenal about feeling like a non-drinker. I'm not there yet, although the thoughts about alcohol are thinning.

Cherry - I am happy you are posting more with us and sharing your thoughts. I hope whatever it was that made you angry faded a bit and the urge passed. I think a lot of our moments were immediately solved (in our minds) by reaching for a drink. At least mine were. Glad you feel comfortable posting to us and venting.

Chimp - your kitty is moving in!

LTJ - I hear you on the vet bills. My little one was just diagnosed w/ problematic kidneys and the vet prescribed supplements for her. $60 for what looks like some omega 3 capsules. But Cherry is right - they are worth it even if the industry knows they can totally take advantage of us poor pet lovers!! What kind of dogs/cats do you all have? I have a schitzu - she's only 1.5 yrs but I'm already a crazy lady talking to my dog all day.

Where's Beulah today? I am missing her multiple posts.

Bee - I hope you can slow down a bit and nurse yourself back from your surgery. DON'T do too much. You have the rest of your (now more healthy!) life to do that. Please rest and take care of yourself.

Prevail - Glad you are staying strong - hopefully tomorrow is going to be a better day.

Streamwader and Squish - I don't understand your geeky star wars stuff but will accept the nerdiness of it all.

Have a great night everyone!