http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-21.html

D
Old 07-12-2011, 01:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Holy mackaral group - we are on a roll!
Old 07-12-2011, 01:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey everyone, this is going to be my last post. I have been in therapy and speaking with my pyschiatrist, and I realize that in the past that I have had some issues with alcohol i am not an alcoholic. That is even my dr's diagnosis. I have an anxiety disorder which is connected with my fibryomyalgia and I have had some marital problems. I have misuesed alcohol in the past to not confront certain situations. But I feel with therapy and adhearing to my medications I am doing well. Also I am learning how to become less passive. I wish you all the best.
I wish you the best shegirl. Glad to hear you're doing better
If you ever feel you need us tho, remember the door swings both ways

D
Old 07-12-2011, 01:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome butterfly4TPE

D
Old 07-12-2011, 02:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Where's pumpkinsoup? Have I missed some posts? Gosh - these days that I have time on my hands I am a nosey busy body old lady...
Old 07-12-2011, 02:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi checking in, June Part IV. I like to say my day-33-..my therapist says I perserverate too much on goals and breaking old records and I should forget numbers of sober days. he said he looks forward to the day I walk I to his office and have no idea what day Im on. All part of that one day at a time-live in the moment theme.

Anyway...stressful day. Thought about alcohol more than I have been but know I will not drink. I do feel a combo of angst and sad....nasty feeling.

I will observe it, let it dissipate on it's own, and go on.

All my best.....
Old 07-12-2011, 02:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi there kidz! I have to agree with your therapist! I would love to just forget the days I'm on and move forward with life. I'm sorry you had a bad day. Hopefully you can keep posting in here tonight for some much needed moral support. Good to hear from you!
Old 07-12-2011, 02:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness! The last few pages of part three!! Puggles, psychics, peanut butter potatoes, tree bark, classical pianists, wookies and vampires!

MissDucky, wear that tiara with pride! You earned it! Best to Dylan with surgery later and give that nurse the stink eye for me too

Violet I love reading your posts. You seem to be doing really well. Thinking things out and pushing ahead. How ironic chewie has to quit drinking for a bit! Guess you can be there for him now too some way. Glad you're planning some activities with your friends too! Dancing right?

Classical I actually spent a sober long weekend in key west years ago when I was pregnant. We stayed at the Douglas house and while my (ex) was sleeping of the morning, I'd have coffee poolside with a couple of old girls then out to Duval for the shopping crawl! The street would be near empty and the boutique sellers would beacon me into their shops and dote on me like royalty! Lol. It's my most fond key west memory .... And I got married down there! Haha

Well I just found out the insurance company sent out my first disability compensation check yesterday so - Target! Here I come!

Buelah love the dynas! Bratnik and squishy I am really enjoying your lively posts!
Mariano congrats on quitting smoking! Welcome butterfly and everyone have a wonderful evening or day. ... Instant I am wondering if you are sleeping now? Having trouble grasping the time zones
Old 07-12-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello Bee! Nice to see you and that you are well.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Why thank you squishy chick! Love seeing how well you all are doing too! Kiddos giving you guys a breather today?

Hi 4thekids! Rest up and feel better tomorrow!

I remember reading pumpkin had earned her 30 day chip! Congrats pumpkin! Hope you are feeling well today
Old 07-12-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Im still here Bratnik - thanks for thinking of me - ive been trying to keep up with the posts then when i've caught up I cant remember enough to post anything that might make sense - so much has happened to everyone since I last posted. Its a fantastic thread ive been waiting for an opportunity to jump back where it might flow but its not happened so thanks for giving me the opportunity haha....

Day 37 for us is it? Ive actually lost track of the days - just over 5 weeks anyway

Glad to see how close everyone is getting on here and so very supportive of each other. Ive not had the best time the last few days but muddling along - not had a drink - my pink cloud just seems to have turned into a bit of a black one - silver lining time soon I hope. When I see some of the things you guys have had to put up with though I know I am very fortunate and just need to remind myself of the things I can be grateful for.

So - what is Target? I wonder what the UK version of that is - please give me a description so I can see what our equivalent is.

Can I also ask who/if any of you guys are doing AA? I dont think I would have made it this far without it but its not mentioned by anyone as far as I can remember - apart from certain aspects like the serenity prayer and other bits and bobs I hear some of you mention that I have heard in AA.

One more thing - Leo - I watched 28 days - so what was the favourite quote you mentioned but wouldnt say so as not to spoil it before I watched the film? I was kind of listening out for it throughout - I think I might of guessed the bit but would love to hear what it was from you (I cant remember it now anyway but can remember the scene).

Welcome to newcomers - there have been a couple since my last post I think.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Haha Bee you posted while I was typing - I did get my month chip - strange ive been on a bit of a downer since - my sponsor has some ideas about why that is, I am questionning the higher power stuff which I am supposed to be really embracing right now at the steps I am working on. She told me to ask for some help - for "god - my higher power - whatever it is" to cut me some slack and give me a sign or something so I can belive in it. This morning I woke in a not so good mood again today and at one point I banged my head on the kitchen cupboard and it bloody hurt and I found myself swearing and shouting out at something I dont believe in telling it I dont believe in it. Im tired and finding it hard to make what im saying make sense but basically looking back it was quite comical really. Anyway Im seeing my sponsor in the morning to work on the steps a bit more so hopefully I will make some progress.....
Old 07-12-2011, 02:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Pumpkin! Target? I just about fell out of my chair. I forget that everyone in the world does not know what Target is. Ummmm - Kinda of like a nice upscale Walmart? Do you have those? Or the ones we have here have everything from groceries to clothes to household items to dog food. I haven't been to the UK since 93 so I can't really remember what you all have!

Nice to see you again - I'm so glad you are doing well!
Old 07-12-2011, 02:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Ah - ok - thanks Squishy - ASDA then haha - I was there on Sunday with my daughter getting some last minute stuff for her Wales trip - I also picked up a rubber duck design shower curtain and bat mat :S
Old 07-12-2011, 02:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Pumpkin! Target is a department store similar to walmart but smaller and much easier to find a parking spot! I think I've seen a couple of June members posting about AA. I know it helps a lot of folks. There are two to three AA meetings a day around my block (I'm surround by steeples here which is actually pretty cool). I haven't been to one before, but figure I will give it a go if I find myself hitting a rough patch. I'm glad it's helped with your sobriety. I would suggest visiting here too when you are down. Lots of support and silliness too. Good for the spirit. Every little bit helps!

Oh just read your post! Well glad your still going to give AA a try. Ouch about the bumping your head! Hope you don't have a lump now. I notices I've been very clumsy the last couple days. I was dropping things all over the grocery store yesterday! Is clumsy a withdrawal symptom?
Old 07-12-2011, 03:02 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Here you go Pumpkin! Target.com - Furniture, Patio, Baby, Toys, Electronics, Video Games
Old 07-12-2011, 03:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Cool link squishy! I always plow through there filling my cart, then just before cashing out, I double check to decide what I can't live without and discard the rest. Learned that from me dear ol' mum.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:12 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

... I'm going virtual shopping. Be back in a bit
Old 07-12-2011, 04:08 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi 4TKDZ! Good to hear from you. Those days definitely can sneak up on us. Angst and sad are bad feelings when just trying to go day by day. I'm glad you shared with us and are staying strong without a drink. It creeps into my head too - I'll even say a bit more than the past few weeks, lately. The demon must be waking up from the knock-out punch I gave it a few weeks ago.

Hey Pumpkin! Is today 38 for us? I kind of lose track too. Someone made a great analogy - instead of counting pounds, I count how my clothes fit. I kind of take that approach these days. Hell, I'm just to ditzy to keep track of what day it is, period. To answer your question - I'm not doing AA. I did 3 years of intense CBT and just stopped a few months ago. I feel like i kind of did things in reverse, I should have quit drinking and THEN done all the work. Oh well - lots of work was done, nonetheless. I'm ok right now but I don't rule AA out down the road if necessary. I like that we have the same date - I've been more fatigued this week than the past 4 weeks - I figure some of the euphoria is wearing off and am prepared for some downs that may come.

Bee - glad to hear that your checks will start arriving. That has to be a relief!!

Puggles! Cutest things ever. I need to find out how to upload a pic of my pup since I am among dog freaks.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:34 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

This is my little guy His name is Toki.

Kidz and Pumpkin glad to see you guys are still doing well and that you're back.

Pumpkin - I'm kina sorta doing AA. Mainly just going to meetings I'm not really doing step work. I just like going because it helps to get out my own head with this.