Notices

Class of March 2011 Pt 5

Old 06-09-2011, 09:45 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Lots of luck and good vibes, Bevin!! I'm glad you didn't turn to the beer..you can handle this! That smoothie DOES sound great. I need more variety..may have to write that down. I'm so sorry for your family's struggles..so sad.

Aw Rosie..what a sad story. So sorry for your friend. Thanks for the reminder.

All of the above back atcha, Dave!

PBC..he had a really good time. He tried a rollercoaster! I was proud of him, as he stays clear of them. I felt sorta bad for him, tho, cuz he was grouped with 3 other boys and they just rode coasters all day, so he just stood around for the rest of the day. He went on ONE ride the whole time! Lol! Oh well..he's a great sport and said he had a lot of fun. Yeah, I need to get em over to the west side..it's been a long time!

Frances...keep up the good fight, girl. You're doing great..and yes, you're definitely good enough.. smart enough.. and doggone it, people LIKE you! (A little Stuart Smally for ya there.)
Old 06-09-2011, 01:42 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Bevin--LUCK LUCK RABBITS FOOT LUCK! What an accomplishment that you stayed sober through the anxious thoughts. I too am so sorry for your family's struggles. I was gladsad/honored that you shared that story with us. ********}}}}

Rosie, how sad. May there be some good that comes of this sadness. I'm just past 3 months so it's important to me to stay freshly vigilant about what we're fighting. ****{We Stay Strong}}}}

Dave--Peace to You!

Becoming--Sending you **{easy-peasy}} school success vibes.

Dee--You changed your avatar again. This time I took a deep breath (lol) and told myself it is still you.

Mirage--Yes. Stuart Smally. Thank you! I think about him all the time and how flipping apt spot-on those self-esteem messages are for me. Guess that's why it's so funny, because it strikes a chord with so many of us.

PBC--Thank you for the support and the kind compliment about my encouragingness. That's one of my best character traits, I think. Now it's time for me to encourage myself as well and truly believe it. (Inner abandoned-child stuff is deep deep down in the soul cellar.)

LOL, I got through a family annoyance thing by telling my husband I wanted to get DRUNK to endure it and we laughed about it. I said, "YEAH, 'cause if I drink then I'll be HUNGOVER and my parents will STILL BE annoying!"

Shout-outs of strength to all Marchers!
Old 06-09-2011, 05:58 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

tons of luck and good vibes coming at you Bevin! You totally got this!!

Frances thank you so much for the **{easy-peasy}} school success vibes!! i really need them right about now. struggling with trying to write a paper. i wonder how muchharder being in recovery makes this school crap?! have a great night
Old 06-09-2011, 07:06 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

If I don't change my avatars regularly Frances I get PMs about it
They're all me tho - my spirit muppets LOL

I hope everyones doing ok - special shout outs to bevin and becoming - best wishes you guys

D
Old 06-10-2011, 05:45 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers! It's a beautiful storm day here, and I just woke up from sleeping almost 10 hours and I feel FABULOUS! I even have the day off, which is my first day off (and not planned to the hilt) in a long time.

Rebel and Rachel, I see you two hanging around and wanted to share some looooove with you both. :ghug3

QOTD: What's one thing (or more) that you're really, really good at?

Have a sober, meaningful day! Hugs all around!
Old 06-10-2011, 08:18 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi - thanks to everyone who sent me vibes! Everything worked out just fine, though it was a bit of a hassle.

I've got to tell you about the first part of this experience, because it's important later. They re-routed the bus I was going to take because of construction (they're tearing up the entire city right now), and I couldn't find the temporary stop for the life of me. I was wandering around dripping sweat and getting agitated, and finally I just said 'screw it' and flagged down a cab.

Looked at the other apt. they were offering me, which is pretty much exactly the same, but a bit nicer because there's a tree right beside the bedroom window. Always nice to wake up looking at a tree.

So we go down to the office to work out the lease…here's the pain in the ass part. When I called him, I told him that I wanted to take away a lease signed by both parties. I signed it last time, and he promised that he would have the rental office sign it later on, but we all know what happened there. I don't know if it was just a language barrier or what (his English isn't bad, but it's not great), but the lease hadn't been signed by the rental agency. I told him again that I needed to walk away with a signed lease TODAY, and this time he seemed to understand. He called the rental agency - no answer. Great. At that moment, a guy from the agency with signing authority happens to walk by the office. The superintendent explains the situation, and he sits down and signs the lease for me.

So…if that bus hadn't been re-routed, I probably would have had to walk away and worry about it for another week or so, but now I have a SIGNED DOCUMENT and I can stop fretting about it!

I was really glad that I didn't drink before this meeting. It proved that I can do it - and I don't need alcohol to appear calm when in reality I wanted to reach across the desk, grab the guy and yell, "Just give me the %^$#%$ lease!!!" I also didn't have to worry about whether I smelled like beer, whether I'd used enough Visine, whether I was slurring, etc. We all know the drill.

PBC - I honestly don't know whether there's hope for my aunt. I'd like to think so, but you don't know how horrible she looks right now. I've tried to talk to her about it, but she's…not all there at the moment. When she's not completely wasted, she lies about it or tries to shift the focus over to my uncle's problem. When she's wasted, she's pretty much incoherent and won't remember a thing you say anyway. My uncle flat out refuses to talk about it at all - he actually jokes about his seizures like it's no big deal. Once, he got a little pissed at me and said "Look at you - you drink too." Can't fault him for that - it was true. Nobody knows how to do or say the right thing…but I'm not sure if there is anything to say at this point that would be 'right'. Either they'll stop drinking or they won't, and there's nothing any of us can do about it. There are a lot of people in my family who are extremely angry with them right now…I just want to get away from it at the moment. It's all a big mess.

That's wonderful about the trainer position! You can do it - driving may be a bit intimidating at first, but you'll get used to it pretty fast and then it'll be a breeze.

To answer the QOTD, the only thing I'm really good at is singing. I can think of quite a few things I do a pretty decent job at, but that's the only thing I can really do well. A few years ago I might have said songwriting too, but drinking ruined that for me. It's really something you have to work at - hopefully this will be the year I'll be able to rediscover the things I've been missing.

Dee - Mumford - I forgot about him!!! Now I'm gonna have to look him up on Youtube!

mirage - Ugh - rollercoasters. Amusement parks are 'interesting' when you're afraid of heights. I'll stick to the bumper cars, thank you.

frances - Truer words were never spoken…if drinking made our parents less annoying I'm pretty sure everyone would be doing it!

becoming - In a word, NO - recovery does not make school harder. I'm not in school, but I had to write something for a client recently - it was pretty close to something I had written months before for another client. The difference was like night and day…it is SO much easier to focus when you're not hung over.

When it comes to school, I found that having a study partner was really helpful. I'm one of those people who retains information better when I hear it, rather than reading it. I would go through the textbook and make up a bunch of quiz questions - when I got an answer wrong, they would read it to me and it would stick in my brain. When a partner wasn't available, I'd do the same thing with a tape recorder…so I'd read it, say it, and then hear it. It worked really well for me. It's also nice to get feedback on things you've written - when you're staring at a paper for so long you get too wrapped up in it to look at it objectively.

March on, Marchers!
Old 06-10-2011, 08:44 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

busy as anything . . . . which helps.

Happy Weekend to everybody . . . . unfortunately, i'll be working a good portion of it
Old 06-10-2011, 11:55 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

YeeeHAW!!!! about the signed lease, Bevin! Now, when you finish your happy dancing, you can relax.

What type of music is your vocal genre? Do you have any youtubes out there?

Hi Hockeyfan! I hope you find a little time to rest this weekend, too.

So ... I am a happy camper today. I found a consignment bookstore! Woo-hoooo! I now have 4 (new to me) books in my possession which cost me a grand total of $14. AND, I will probably take a couple boxes of my own in, too. NICE. I think I'll go crawl in my bed for an hour or so and indulge in one.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:47 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good sober weekend everyone
I'll be spending mine in bed...first bug of the season LOL

D
Old 06-10-2011, 03:03 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
orangutan

get well Dee.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:07 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Editor

Dee everyone use to tell me lots of fluids when you feel the bug coming on. I would bump up my beer intake by a 12 pack and I could never figure out why I couldnt shake that dang bug. Oh well live in and learn. Stick with water and soup.....it really does work. The body loves NA fluids.
Everyone have a wonderful weekend.
Enjoy reading time pbc,
stay busy hockey,
good on you bevin, standing strong and following through.
Becoming- sitck with the school...it really is worth it. It delivers options. Options=Freedom.
Mirage and Frances- stay golden ponyboy, stay golden. Book / Movie Quote

Have a wonderful weekend
Day by Day
Dave
Old 06-10-2011, 05:37 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Ok ... my hubby bought a pint of Captain Morgan and it's in my fridge. He's been super-busy and stressed just launching his own company, and apparently he's had a few drinks several nights this week after I went to bed. I'm cool with that, as he has no dependency issues and I didn't see it or know about it.

But I can't seem to get my mind off that bottle in the fridge.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

Capt Morgan is a drink for people with no dependency issues...not non drinkers like us, PBC

I'm hitting the fluids Dave LOL

D
Old 06-10-2011, 06:30 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Ok..didn't think I could comment here without the laptop, but apparently I can. Hey Bevin..that's what I'm good at too! At least I've been told. I did a few songs last year with a friend on guitar and recorded em so when I get my laptop back from the geek squad, I'll post a link. Sure I'll share! What's that? You didn't ask me to? Tough!

Hope you feel better soon, Dee!

Great news,Bevin!!
Old 06-10-2011, 07:03 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Feel better dee and take care
Tiny keyboard so brief, but pbc take care too. If the bottle bothers you too much, can you ask dh to move it? Your sobriety is bigger and better than a fake pirate anyways.

First time in a liquor store tonight in 3 plus months. I had to pick up booze for a friends party, she had paid for it already. All that booze made me think of being puking sick. I'm grateful for that. I bought fancy pomegranate blueberry soda for me. She doesn't know I don't drink anymore.

Yeah for singers mirage and Bevin!
Old 06-11-2011, 08:41 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Feel better Dee.

It's pouring rain here today, good day to watch movies and just hang out.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:50 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
is really trying!

Big bowl virtual chicken soup for my fav culinaryupliftingsagedude DEE - Get better soon sweetie (()).

Massive big humongous BLAH is why have just hung around. Dunno why. Won't post again til feel more positive - you all deserve better.

Hugs & best wishes for a joyous weekend to ALL the Marchers, love you all, thanks for everything x
Old 06-11-2011, 03:01 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hey peeps…

Hockeyfan - Waitaminute…it's supposed to be Workin FOR the Weekend, not Workin ON the Weekend. Oh well - I can sympathize. I was wearing my tech support hat for a couple hours today as well.

PBC - I think you might call my style pop…or alternative pop. I know that's kind of vague. No Youtube vids, unfortunately - unless you count my American Idol audition where I had to be dragged away by security. Kidding.

As for the rum - ask him to keep it out of the dang fridge. Maybe he doesn't quite understand why it would be a problem, but my own tendencies are like a variation on the Field of Dreams quote: "If you build it, they will come." "If it's there, I will drink it." I'm sure he'll understand.

Dee - Sorry you've got the sickies. Spend lots of time in bed and eat lots of fruits and vegetables.

mirage - Excellent - can't wait to hear it!

frances - That soda sounds great. What kind is it? Actually, I've been reliving one particular hangover recently…it just sticks in my mind for some reason. It was on one of my days off and I spent around 8 hours throwing up every 10 minutes or so. Couldn't keep down Gravol, water, crackers…nothing. When I could finally get up to try to make food it took forever because I had to keep taking breaks to either sit down or puke again. Nice day off.

Raindance - What's the art in your avatar?

Rebel - Hey, no law against posting when you're down. I've done it. It's our duty to support each other on this forum in good times and bad, so if you've got the blahs, then blah away.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:36 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

bearing up guys. Will be back on deck tomorrow.
Hope everyone's day is good

D
Old 06-11-2011, 05:26 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

+1 for Bevin's thought that blah-ing is welcome and appreciated from all Marchers. We're here for each other. Know that I'm thinking of you RA.

I'm helping throw a baby shower tomorrow. I got too drunk at her wedding shower and too drunk at her wedding and blacked out at one of her parties. Needless to say I do not recollect sections of these important events. I will be sober at her baby shower tomorrow and able to remember every minute of it.

The soda brand is Lorina French Sparkling Soda. It comes in cool liter glass bottle with a flip top stopper.

Mirage--That hangover sounds awful. Why do you think the memory is sticking with you? **{Never Again for Any of Us}}