Notices

Class of March 2011 Pt 5

Old 06-04-2011, 02:55 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
orangutan

sorry to hear some of your are doing it hard at the moment.

bevin I have lived that nightmare my thoughts go out to you.

Becoming happy 90 days
Old 06-04-2011, 04:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Dave--I'm super proud of you and for you. I'm with you on the whole becoming an Adult thing. Vibes for a good outcome. ******}}}

Bevin--Sending you quiet restful sleep vibes. Hold on and get through this month. It's NOT like the past, it's just temporary. Stay strong. I hope you find your perfect-non-AA meeting SOON.

Hi becoming (YEAH for 90 DAY!) and Aussieblue!

On whether to drink or not, I know where drinking ends up: passed out cold on the couch in the middle of the afternoon, just like my mom was. (so sad)

I don't know where recovery ends up, but I think it's gonna be a HECK OF A LOT BETTER, RIGHT? Can I get a WOOT WOOT!

I am currently getting my a** kicked by this project. It's huge and like bevin says, I need to just get it done and regurgitate what the clients needs. No perfect. Just done.

I'm running a 10K race in the morning, wish me Marcher Luck!
Old 06-04-2011, 04:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

*double post*
Old 06-04-2011, 04:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by frances2011 View Post

Hi becoming (YEAH for 90 DAY!) and Aussieblue!

I'm running a 10K race in the morning, wish me Marcher Luck!

Good luck frances!
Old 06-04-2011, 04:23 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations becoming!

D
Old 06-05-2011, 07:24 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Aussie, Frances & Dee!! It really means a lot to me. I feel like I am getting my ass kicked by everything else right now so at least I can feel good about accomplishing 90 days. Although I have wanted to get trashed more than ever these past few weeks! That is just not an option for me anymore though = )

Good luck on the 10k Frances!!!!
Old 06-05-2011, 02:17 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

add my retro best wishes too Frances - sorry I was late lol

D
Old 06-05-2011, 02:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey Marcherz

aussieblue - Which nightmare do you mean - the insane neighbours from hell?

becoming - Hooray for 90 days!

frances - Hope you kicked that race right in the ass today.
My neighbours must have caught your vibes, because they came home at around 6:00 am today and then settled right down. No looking up at the ceiling thinking: WTF is going ON up there?!?

Discovered today that the reason for my depression during the past couple of days wasn't completely due to lack of sleep - Auntie Scarlet (polite euphemism) came into town today as well. It always confuses me, because I'm completely irregular so I'm never quite sure why I feel so lousy until the day arrives.

Oh well - I'm dying my hair today to make me feel better. A girly solution for a girly problem.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:58 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Attention Lurkers

Just starting Day 8 (being my 4th day 8 this year, but learning). If any other Marchers are in single digits, I'd love to hear from you as it is a bit lonely down here sometimes.

Well done to all the Marchers with many, many days, but also to those who are still counting on their fingers and toes but keep trying (yes, I am congratulating myself!).

Half way through a 4 day weekend for me.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:55 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bevin View Post
Hey Marcherz

Discovered today that the reason for my depression during the past couple of days wasn't completely due to lack of sleep - Auntie Scarlet (polite euphemism) came into town today as well. It always confuses me, because I'm completely irregular so I'm never quite sure why I feel so lousy until the day arrives.

Oh well - I'm dying my hair today to make me feel better. A girly solution for a girly problem.
Hey Bevin!! First off, thanks so much for the congrats on 90 days, much appreciated! Its so nice to here it from fellow recovering drinkers who really understand the significance. So I feel really stupid, but I always thought you were a guy for some reason lol. I guess it is just one of those weird on-line networking things. Well anyway, it really doesn't matter either way. It is just like when you imagine someone looking a certain way after only talking to them on the phone and then you meet them and they look totally different lol. So anyway I can totally relate to what you said about the irregularity and the depression. I suffer from both and am often confused as to if one is the source of the other. Anyways, I hope you feel better soon! oh and what color are you dying your hair? lol. I have never dyed my hair before with the exception of dying it with kool aid or manic panic in junior high hahahahahaha.

Have a great night!
Old 06-05-2011, 03:58 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

TOI!! Great to see you my friend = ) You are doing great and I love your weeble quote, awesome!!

Have a great night!
Old 06-05-2011, 05:51 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Crud..I'm way behind!
First off Congrats Becoming on 90 days!! Proud of you..way to go! Wow..sorry to hear about that stupid tick. I hope it doesn't bring you a lot of troubles..that can be rough.

TOI! Great to see you. I noticed you were posting in another month, so I'm glad you came to visit us. Be a weeble! Hang in there and don't stop trying to stop. It'll take eventually, I know it.

Ugh..Bevin..feel better, girl. "Auntie Scarlet"..LOL! Gonna have to use that.

Frances..hope your race went well and glad the answer was "B"!
Old 06-05-2011, 06:58 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Mirage! Seriously, stupid tick! btw, how was x-men? I am a fan of the ones released thus far, but haven't caught this one yet.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:32 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by bevin View Post
Hey Marcherz

aussieblue - Which nightmare do you mean - the insane neighbours from hell?
Yes ....been there and done that.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:45 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

10K went great, really fun people, fun route, fun brunch afterwards, no anxiety.

My success is that I got to ENJOY the experience while it was happening, rather than feel anxious during and relieved afterwards. I've spent a lot of time being out-of-body anxious/fearful. Telling me to "just enjoy the experience" was like telling me to sprout feathers and fly.

Thank you sobriety.

*Scratches head, wonders if this makes sense?*
Old 06-06-2011, 07:24 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
The Winner Takes It All!!!!!

Major advice

Day 78 and all is fantastic still, and going very strong indeed. The weekend brought up a test I wanted to participate in, but was a little scared to do so.

After a shopping trip and it being a lovely day, the wife treated me to apub meal (steak pie and chips). I got her the usual half a lager and black. I decided to get a non-alcoholic Becks Blue (0.05%). It tasted nice, and I enjoyed the meal.

I beleive I am strong and identified what would happen, and it did. I was thinking for several minutes about another and another even though it was non-alcoholic. I was told this would happen and therefore resisted, but the thirst remained for a good few hours, and a weaker person may have sucummed to the urge.

I wouldn't advise ANY form of non-alcoholic drink for ANYONE who is in recovery.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:42 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm back to try again

I joined back in March, stayed off the booze for over a week, decided to have that one beer because obviously I can control myself, right? Well, that was about 2 months ago and I've drank every night since. I need to stop, so here I am again.

I had a little "breakdown" last night. I actually felt better afterwards. Just stood there on the back deck alone in the dark sobbing uncontrollably, hating myself for what I have become, my failures, and my lack of discipline over my life, especially with the drinking. This is not how my life is supposed to be and I must change it.

Well, thanks for "listening." Not sure if I'm supposed to post here in this group or go join a June group. Congrats to all of you who have come so far! Many of you are looking at 80-90 days sober. That's awesome!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:30 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Smile Still around, 82 days now

Hi,

Have been reading this thread daily, praying for those in need, rejoicing with those celebrating victories.

Just haven't felt that I really had anything to add or contribute, so haven't signed in and posted.

Though, last night, contemplating Sept. 1st, the day I drop my only child off at college, several hours away, I couldn't imagine getting through that without heading to the nearest Thai restaurant and indulging in delicious food and several alcoholic beverages.

Clearly I need another plan! Fortunately, with God's Grace, I will have nearly three more months of sobriety under my belt by then, and will have had more time to process this dramatic change in our lives. As I have home educated him - until he mostly took over the last couple of years - I have spent nearly every day of nearly 18 years with him.

Anyway, just wanted you all to know I've been with you in spirit and am still sober!

Rosie
Old 06-06-2011, 10:56 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Rosie..great to see you and for checking in..I was just thinking about you! Glad to hear things are still going well. Aww..yeah, that sounds like will be a sad time. I know it's supposed to be exciting, but it's sad at the same time.

PF..interesting on the non-alcoholic drink thing. I haven't had a non-alch beer cuz really I didn't drink beer for the taste and I figured it would make me miss real beer. I did have a non-alch strawberry daquiri..but really it just tasted like a strawberry smoothie, so it didn't have any kind of affect on me. Oh and I had some non-alch wine once..didn't really want it, but my friend bought me a bottle when she knew I was coming for a visit, so I kinda felt bad saying no. Didn't remind me of wine, and didn't care for it. The beer would be different for me, I think. I'm not goin there.

Welcome back, Hockeyfan! Good to see you. Sorry you've had a rough couple months, but I'm glad you came back to try again. I know you can do it..it does get easier with time. I hope you try everything until something works for you. :ghug3
Old 06-06-2011, 11:17 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Apologies for being a number-geek but a non-alcoholic drink is zero percent alcohol and is a great thing. A Most-Alcohol-Removed-Drink is a strange idea and as far as I know the only people who really enjoy from them are pregnant women. They are definitely not marketed for alcoholics. Apart from the habit thing (I don't even like OJ in a wine glass!) it has alcohol which may be enough to work on your body depending on your chemisty, so no surprise it causes feelings. (But good on you for ignoring them, PF).

Great to see you Hockey...will PM you a novel soon!

Well done, Frances.

Great to see you Rosie and congrats on all those days