http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...pt-4-a-20.html

D
Old 06-03-2011, 04:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!
Old 06-03-2011, 06:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Editor

Part five and feeling alive. Dee I was, am, and will always be a dork There is not a thing wrong with it. I hope that everyone is doing well today. My alcoholic father actually praised me for my efforts in my sobriety yesterday. The rest of the week has been in the crapper. 87 today. I am chugging along. I am Really surprised that I did not break this week. Issues at work have pushed me to my limits and let that little voice have an opinion. I know better. But he sure is convincing.
Have a great weekend all.
Day by day
DAve
Old 06-03-2011, 09:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Haha..you guys crack me up with the anticipation thing. I hope you were able to sleep last night! lol
90 days today!
Old 06-03-2011, 09:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry about your rough week, Dave..good to hear you're gettin through it, tho.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yay Mirage!!!!!!!!!!

Not much time to post today...am going to keep it short.
I'm still recovering from that massage I got the other day - there is something seriously out of whack, and today is pretty much the first day I've been able to walk properly or bend over. I had to keep reminding myself that it's considerably less painful than being gouged in the eye with an icepick - put it in perspective, you know?
Moved again - that's over with thank heavens. Only one more move to go and then I can chill out a bit.

PBC - You have plenty to be proud of, but I hear you about wrapping your whole identity up in the group. When you put a lot of energy into something, it's difficult to get over it. BUT, you have so much other stuff going on in your life - you should be proud of that.

Dee - I found this last night and laughed my a** of - immediately thought of you.
YouTube - ‪Sesame Street: Martians Radio‬‏

As for school...Another Brick in the Wall pretty much sums up my whole experience. Gah. Hated. School.

Hello to all of the other Marchers - hope you're all doing well!
Old 06-03-2011, 09:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Editor

Thanks Mirage and can I get a woot woot on 90!!!!! Way to Go!
Dave
Old 06-03-2011, 10:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Editor

Thanks Bevin. That was funny. Now I get it Dee.
Dave
Old 06-03-2011, 11:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Dave--Good on you for staying strong through a crappy week.

Mirage--WOOT WOOT for NIFTY 90 DAYS!

Bevin--Glad you are feeling better and glad you are in your new spot. When's the next hop?

Everybody--Hi!

I started a huge freelance job yesterday that's due June 9. In a few hours, I'll know if I'm either a)completely over my head and going to lose my shirt and a whole weekend on it or b) on track to complete it well and rake in a pile of moola.

The next section I'm working on will let me know if I'm in deep or out of the woods. (Block!That!Metaphor!)

I'm hoping for B! Wish me luck!
Old 06-03-2011, 12:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Bevin..glad you've got one move under your belt.."yip yip yip!"
Frances..hoping for b, too! Good luck!
Going out for dinner and movie with a friend tonight. Seeing X-Men. I've not seen any other X-Men movie, but I'm sure I'll like it.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
is really trying!

Bevin - glad only one move left!! Stressful or what??
Frances - pick b, pick b!!!! Of Course you can do it!
LIF - well done on staying strong this week,nearly time for you to get this -

Mirage - : 90!!

Have great sober weekend all. Will be mad here, fill you in Mon x

Last edited by RebelAngel; 06-03-2011 at 12:54 PM. Reason: always want to add more y'know...
Old 06-03-2011, 01:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Mirage
Thanks for the vid Bevin - I do love those guys

Sorry for your rough week Dave - I hope next week is better for you...and yeah that voice lies

I'm hoping for B too Frances

D
Old 06-03-2011, 01:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Old 06-03-2011, 01:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hello.

Congrats to everyone!

I hope everyone finds there way over here. I'm enjoying great weather.

Just wanted to say hi!
Old 06-03-2011, 04:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi Marchers,

Day 82 for me and glad to see how many of you are ahead of me , we are really starting to rack up big numbers now.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

hey my peeps! whats up?! i am completely losing my mind this week with work/school and have almost reached my breaking point many times. Like you said Bevin, "we don't need no education!!" Seriously, once i am done with this degree, I am NEVER going back to school. i just hate the never ending academic pressure and constant guilt of never doing enough. throw that on top of my full time gig, quiting drinking 89 days ago, my ever present anxiety and Lyme disease (side note: i pulled a tick out of my neck 2 weeks ago and ended up contracting Lyme) and i am on the verge of cracking hahahaha. okay enough of my rant, snaps to you all for being so awesome. congrats to Mirage on 90 days and Aussie on 82, you go girls!! Frances - good luck with the gig!! LIF nice job staying strong, i hear you on the work pressures pushing you toward the edge! Hello to PPC RA and Catfry as well = )

have a great weekend everyone! i will be chained to my desk doing school work
Old 06-03-2011, 07:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

the answer is B! I broke the project's back and now have 5 days to do the other half and proof it. I needed to do that so I can be calm and not worry.

Happy weekend marchers!
Husband goes on business tomorrow afternoon so the plan is to be happy and productive and sober.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Editor

You guys are the best. If it were not for all of our combined knowledge and experiences on here I would have most definitely cracked this last week. "There was a proposal at work that will....might cost me 25% of my income." I almost went into a coma like state when hearing this news. The proposal came out of left field. I really didnt know how to react. There was one thing that kept popping up in my head. SR. I thought of so many posts that talked about how we would escape the reality of a situation in our DOC. Only to make the situation harder to deal with and blur the facts. Thank God I am sober because there is no telling what I would have done. After my heart started beating again.... I stepped back and regrouped and moved forward.Time will tell. I just wanted to thank everyone for their support and let you know that you all have a part in saving my life day by day. I can not think you enough. It is really strange, but I am starting to look at the world as an adult. It really is not THAT hard. Watch out.....those first steps are a doozy. Have a great weekend.
Day by Day
Dave
Old 06-04-2011, 10:02 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Dave your the best! Sorry to hear about the stress associated with the proposal! those are some high stakes!! best of luck with it! amazing job resisting the temptation to drink. beware those land mines, they are friggin everywhere!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Frances - Rebel: The next move takes place on July 2 or 3rd. Was having nightmares about it last night - my stuff was scattered all of the city and I couldn't find any boxes to put it in...sigh.

I'm in kind of a funny situation right now - I sublet some guy's basement suite for a month and I think that the people upstairs have some kind of problem. The crashing around usually starts at 4 in the morning and goes on til around 6:30 or so. Drunk perhaps? Sounds like it from where I'm sitting. I sleep with earplugs, but they still manage to wake me up sometimes.

Ironically, the circumstances I'm in right now are almost an exact replica of the ones that led to my descent into 'real' alcoholism around 8 years ago. I was under a lot of pressure at school (now it's work), didn't really have any friends in this city (yes, it's the same city), and my upstairs neighbours were drug dealers who kept me up all night long. I started having panic attacks during class and even walked out of a test once. Started drinking as much as I possibly could just to conk myself out for a while - even ended up peeing my bed once as I recall.

At least I know that this is just temporary, but I'm kind of depressed...it's getting hard to concentrate. Maybe I should try to find some better earplugs.

Working on trying to find a non AA meeting today - I didn't get a reply from the email I sent a while ago so I'm checking out some other avenues.

becoming: Aaaaa - Lyme disease! You're getting treated for that, right? I hear that it can get pretty nasty if it's left alone.
Don't worry about school too much - I discovered the Great Secret of Academic Achievement (after high school unfortunately). Consume information, regurgitate it, try not to think about it too much, collect your piece of paper, and prepare to forget about 80% of what you learned.
I'm not saying that education has no value - I'm actually glad that I went ahead and got 'some college' under my belt, but as far as my career goes I'm self taught. I think that happens with a lot of people - maybe not neurosurgeons, but you get my point.

frances - Yay! My cheerleaders shake their pom poms for you.

Dave - What you had to say about your reaction to your current situation is really inspiring to me. It'll be really interesting to see whether I can face my current stress and still stay sober - the way I dealt with things 8 years ago literally drove me to a small nervous breakdown and it's haunted me ever since. Now maybe I have a chance to 'master' that situation and let it go…

OK - later, Marchers. Housework beckons.