Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 57

Old 05-12-2011, 07:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

hell here, if you can find someone to pump gas its a miracle

I haven't seen a full service gas station in a while. I don't think we have too many around here...

Nighty night whiners. Sweet dreams.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I got too hot today, and have a headache.... yes that CAN be a whine!!! Really it can, even in autumn. I mean, how unexpected, 2 days in a row of 20+ (celcius) at this time of the year. Thats low 70s for you statesiders.

And Friday is almost over, ought to be happy its the weekend....but its all weekends to me since being laid off.....oh heck....do not need to get started on a rant about being umemployed!

That will be all from me.... it could turn nasty if I let it!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 09:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

never come to Queensland Manz...

hope you feel better soon

D
Old 05-12-2011, 10:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Dee, hvae been, loved it and hated it at the same time. Love the beaches...in some parts....hate the humidity around Brissy.

I just think I did too much... although never thought that would be possible either.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:37 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Thanks Manz I never would have known it meant low 70's?

Heck in the NW we almost hit 60 its still doesn't even feel like spring yet?

My whine is tomorrow is my 7 years and not one year yet has my family ever recognized the fact that I have totally turned my life around. I am not the same person I was and I believe I am a miracle.

I know its not tomorrow yet but I already know, after the 1st few years you would think I would be over it, well guess again, I guess some are sicker than others?

I watched Dr Drew tonight, love his show btw, and he was talking about how we can't expect people to give us what they haven't got, or are not healthy enough to respond in a way that is nurturing. So we have to parent ourselves and give us what we feel is missing.

Being a part of SR has been really good for my soul, but it has also taught me that there are people who are in relationships and families that are close and loving, and although I am happy for them, I am very envious and wish that could be me.

Its almost sick in nature how I have locked myself away, I have chosen to be single a little over 12 years and I only see my family once a year. So besides my cat I am pretty much alone. Except for here and a few AA friends.

Most days I am okay with that, but over the last few weeks I have had such pangs of lonliness. I question whether locking myself away from any sort of intimate relationship is normal or even healthy?

Wow I had not planned on sharing all that maybe I am just having a whiney pity party who knows?

Nite Nite
Old 05-13-2011, 02:18 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
is really trying!

Newby - please insert hug of your choice here. My whine is that the smilies won't load, darn it. was going to be about the kids, but actually, just really glad to have them to drive me mad.

Wishing all whiners a whingy weekend.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

manz

a pox on the nastys

just whine it out

Congrats on Seven Years newb!

and they say repairing the wreckage of the past takes time,

tough seven years, sheesh!

reb, have the smileys loaded yet?
Old 05-13-2011, 04:43 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Newby, hon, get out in the world and just talk to people, you don't have to bring them home...just interact...life is short....I suggest the Barnes and Nobles coffee shops...safe places...i am also a big fan of ice cream shops.

another day another whine....i have slept well and am on the way to tackle the work responsibilities...then shopping...the cat food supply is dwindling down to 12 cans....the cats get nervous when inventory is low...."mom! wtf? where is the flaked tuna"?

cloudy today and rain predicted which can wash down the pollen i hope. and my contractor should be back today too...that man sounded like death warmed over with such heavy congestion....he also needs to quit smoking...when i hear him breathe i want to take a spatula and scrape out his throat and lungs!
geeze i hate cigarettes and that smell....ick.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:13 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Newby - A whiney pity party is encouraged here. I know how you feel - I have a strange family situation too - no one has even tried to understand what I went through. You aren't alone, though - you have us you lucky devil!

This house needs a good scrubbing & I'm not psyched for it. Every nook and cranny has been neglected the past few months. I'm actually embarassed looking around here. Must bite the bullet and get to it.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:22 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Whine on whiners! I am sure some injustice is just around the corner today that will merit a really good WHINE and a deep selfish settling into resentful wallowing by me me me.

Sorry for peepuls who are hurting or scared right now.

Newby, so inspiring! Congrats on you. Family is weird, what's all I can say.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:10 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Supposed to be hot and rainy all day and I woke up late. Bah.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:08 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Thanks guys for all the Happy b-days and supportive words

No whines as of yet other than I have a small headache and its 7am and I am ready for a nap already..

Have a farraginous Friday (disordered; jumbled; miscellaneous)
Old 05-13-2011, 07:17 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

GO HEVYN!!!! scrubbing is a good way to burn off both calories and stress........and you get immediate gratifcation.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:33 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Hey guys I am back I just had to repost. I sort of miffed someone off on another post. They were asking about the 9th step and so I gave my ES&H but they wrote back and told me I was arrogant and I was talking down to them..EEK OOPS. I guess maybe next time I should lie or something. Lol See ya
Old 05-13-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

newby - I rarely speak my mind because I'm so afraid of offending someone. Better to be truthful, really. Though sometimes it ruffles feathers. Oh well.

frances - I love it - some injustice is just around the corner. So true.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:25 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

How can a PDF file get "damaged" when it is forwarded by email????

very strange....and certainly an injustice as it delays my grading processes.....

a cloudy cool day here....but i thought i noticed some sprouting of my newly planted bulbs this morning...or it is a new variety of weed...time will tell....i forgot to ask the garden guy where he planted all 40 bulbs, so it is always a "surprise"!

not a whine, but my purple canna has started to sprout a beautiful bright red/purple flower on the largest stalk...i am hoping for humming birds this year...i am being very hopeful on the whine thread..i will take it elsewhere.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:54 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Rain is predicted for the next five days!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:40 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I have a serious metric whine today, those who live in countries that have metric will understand, unless you grew up with metric, and those who don't can just whine along with me and trust the logic, and I will translate as I go. Keep in mind that I grew up non-metric and they made me change when I was too old to care.

I went to the gas station to get gas. It is $1.35 a litre (down from $1.41 earlier this week). I give them $30 (like Fandy, I don't self-serve)and got less than half a tank. $1.35 doesn't sound too bad...but it works out to about $5.40 a gallon *American whiners groan here*.

Then I went to the grocery store deli and they had my favourite coleslaw there, 99 cents for 100g. I got a medium container (which holds about 2 cups) and it cost me $3.19! Now see, I can't visualize 100 g. As it turns out it is about the size of spit in the ocean.

I weigh myself in pounds, but had to find an American scale. While in Florida I bought two thermometers (in case one breaks) because I would be dead before I every figured out what my temperature was in metric.

I do all right with distance. I know that 60 miles is 100 kilometers and can mentally swing back and forth when I visit the United States when the sign says 40 miles and my odometer is in kilometers, or when the speed limit is 70 MPH, I know that is about 115 km/hr. So I guess I can "visualize" speed and distance.

But I cannot for the life of me visualize size in metric.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:47 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Ck's bf just brought some of her stuff home. I will miss his presence this summer as he'll be in CA working for Apple all summer. A wonderful opportunity for him and could lead to a job after college next spring. But ck will miss him this summer. I will too. I think very highly of this young man - he can do no wrong in my eyes - and he worships ck which is fine by me.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:17 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

and where will CK be this summer? driving mama's peaceful life into high gear? but she does cook, so you can have a personal chef.

congrats to the BF, sounds like a great summer job...if he has your stamp of approval he must be a keeper.

all the allergy meds i have been taking seem to be having a delayed affect..i could lay down on my desk and start snoring....if i take some caffeine in now, i won't sleep tonight!