Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 57

Old 05-30-2011, 09:34 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Morning whiners,

So if its hot & humid in NJ it must be like that in Mass since its not all that far away?

Its rainy windy and maybe 60 out so it will be a shock to my system EEK

Hey I wanted to share with you guys a trailer of a video I found net surfing today. Check it out I thought it was awesome Here One Day trailer on Vimeo

Its about this woman who grew up w/a mom who had bi-polar I think it was that or another mood disorder anyhoo her mom jumped out a window and ended her life and this woman talks about her fears about all of it.

It really touched my heart and I feel moved to share the link w/as many as I can.

Have a Monday full of minauderie (display of affectation)
Old 05-30-2011, 02:06 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

I am have a rather mundane Monday, but that is OK by me.....i think i need a little down time....my BFF is my neighbor across the street, her mom came up from Florida yesterday to visit....she is about 83 but truthfully looks to be about 60...she has a wonderful attitude and was feeling a little down, her 5 kids are spread all over the country and one had the bright idea that her house should be sold and they can take her car too....(what is a perfectly healthy in shape woman both in body and mind supposed to do????? lay down and jump in the ground for the big dirtnap because her daughter is dumb inzensitive biotch-broad)? My BFF is abit angry at her sister.

anyways i was putting out the animal trash this am (it does not stay in the house) and she was outside taking her walk...told me how sorry she was about my mother....thoughts can snowball....so me, the Samster, the Fanster and the Pookster along with Patriarch Slim are just hanging today....i guess some of us are reflecting on our bad behavior....
all the floor cleaning i did in the kitchen yesterday came undone at 3AM....there was some sort of skirmish and uprising about me putting out the wrong food again....they trashed the water dishes and tipped over the big ceramic kibble bowl....leaving a wet soggy mess for me to slip on.

it is now 93 outside and the humidity is about 60%...those weather channel people are saying their favorite summer phrase over and over...HEAT INDEX!!! HEAT Indicies...."feels like 100" outside!!!! I would buy Sammy some flip-flops to wear outside, but he refuses to wear them....it's that kind of close heat that makes you feel nauseated.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:34 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Welcome home Ann!! Good luck at the dentist tomorrow, Belle, I really hope you get some relief.

A lovely low-whine weekend is salvaged by coming home to discover a burst water pipe! Hurray! A Whine Worthy Event! All is being dried out.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:40 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

frances i have seen those commercials when people come home to find their couch floating down the hallway..."Call Servpro! Like it never even happened"...

i always found it ironic that Drew Peterson had them clean his house too......did they ever find Stacy?
Old 05-30-2011, 03:41 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Ok, Well I was just in the chat room, and the conversation was intense, and about a topic i dont know an awful lot about, so I sat in a private chat with someone else, and we were quite happily shooting the breeze.

Another member here came in to the main room and said Hey Canter, you still here? I went into the room and said yeah, but I am in PM cos i have nothing to add to the conversation underway, a few minutes later a few people had logged out of main chat, so i went in and quite flippantly said, "and that ladies and gentlemen is why I stayed in private chat!"

There were 4 other people in the room, two i know quite well and have a nice time chatting to, one I have spoken to but dont know so well and one I have never spoken to.

The one i have never spoken to said "Canter I find you rude and offensive, and i am sad now :angry face" and instantly logged out.

leaving me and the other people bemused as to what happened..

My Whine: He made me feel like sh1t. I dont know what happened, neither do the others, but he instantly ruined my day, A stranger i neither know nor care about, yet he upset me quite a lot.

Everyone on here is lovely, Why did he do that? Why was he so horrid??

Pathetic I know, but ouch...
Old 05-30-2011, 04:25 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

I don't find you either rude or offensive???? i'm sorry i do not do the chat on this forum.

my day perked up a bit...a little escapism with Mickey Haller/Lincoln Lawyer (who i imagine as Matthew McConahey) is good for my psyche.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:57 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Still horribly hot and humid. Took a little nap after I'd changed the cat litter. Have no energy today, must be the heat. It's so hot and I don't have the window a/c units in yet. It's 86 degrees in my den right now! The poor doggies are sprawled out on the rug taking it easy. I feel bad for them in their fur coats...
Old 05-30-2011, 05:36 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I don't do chat either, I have trouble keeping up and "reading" what people mean.

Good day here today, hot one coming up tomorrow....hurrah!!! I love a long hot summer, hope it happens this year.

Hugs to all you whiners, I'm still catching up so will just send hugs for all the worthy whines.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:13 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Welcome to my Terrible Tuesday, and its only 1pm.... to follow, but first..

Hey Belle, sorry about chat, I was just in there and it was a laugh. But sometimes there are people that can make the experience less rthan pleasant. I always remember that type is often hard to understand the true meaning behind words, the other person could be having a terrible day or they are just grumpy by nature! This doesnt happen often, and most of us in there are lovely...so dont give up, and next time you go in, you can always use the ignore function for that particular person.

So my WHINE will be a WHINE-O-RAMA of all magnitude... be warned!!!

WHY oh WHY did the bugs come back. I was feeling better yesterday, I woke up and was smiling straight away, I felt great...truly. One small piece of toast and a coffee..and what the heck?? Sweats followed quickly by a run to the toilet...chuck, chuck and more chuck.

I HATE GERMS. This Kiwi got mad :angry very mad at the germs. SO inbetween the puking I vacuumed, disinfected and wiped all surfaces, stripped all beds, opened all windows, srubbed all floors and mopped with disinfectant. The house is now freezing.... so I DARE any germ to live on.... if they do.... I will finally give up. Honestly. The fekkers!!!!
:uzi2:

And now shortly I shall do some very deep mindful breathing and will the nasties away...I need some serenity and peace from the fekkers.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:28 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with Manz, Canter - sometimes people have a bad day...
and sometimes maybe you need to put them on ignore...

sorry for your experience though....
D
Old 05-30-2011, 06:37 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Almost time for part 58!! Whole lotta whinin' goin' on...
Old 05-30-2011, 06:41 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

How can I feel hungry and sick at the same time?????? Whineeeeeeeee Whine.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:42 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
cmc

hiya whiners!
I've been feeling so crummy lately.

How crummy?

my allergies were so bad last week that on my 'shot day' I was sent home..."too risky" to get it because I had a little bit of asthma in the waiting room...sheesh I've had to use my inhaler at least 6 times in the past week...and that's scary because I've only needed it once or twice a year for ...since I can remember.

after feeling like it was all behind me....all the 'menopause from hell' symptoms have returned...I will most likely go back on the anti-d which is the only thing besides HRT that has worked with the brain burning hot flashes ---

I've been sleeping alot (which is actually a good thing but still whine-worthy) and my emotions are up and down

It all boils down to: keep doing the next right thing plus some acceptance (and I don't care much for that 'acceptance' part)

oh...and remember the sore thumb? the one I've seen three different drs about? Had cortisone shots for it? Wore a stupid brace for? At my last appt....the guy filling in for my GP had it xrayed...and

I'll be seeing a hand surgeon as soon as I can collect all the paperwork. All this time has passed and nobody thought to xray it...or to actually -listen- to the part when I said it was fine before I jammed it.

****{sigh}}}

I feel so much better letting all that out...thanks whiners, for letting me share.

here's a new slogan for all of you wonderful whiners- for the old whiny bunch and the whiny newcomers as well:

A sigh is a whine without words.

ps....hugger...Plze share some more info on the Trader Joes' chocolate bars ...I'm still working on a huge choco Easter bunny from mr cmc and will need to replenish my stash asap
Old 05-30-2011, 07:15 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

I haven't read a single whine yet. I have 4 days worth of my own whines, which I will share first. Comments on other whiners to come...

Trip whines.
My evil step-sister is really insistent on blaming her Mom for our parents divorce...30!!!years ago!!!... and plans to make her mother pay for the rest of their lives.
(Mom and I had a wonderful holiday despite the disappointments.) It really did break my heart to see my step-mom in so much pain because her only blood daughter is so rejecting and cold.)

There was just enough rain to wet my desert heart and enough sunshine for the beach and zoo.

Back home whines:

My sweet baby, Woo, golden lab mix, had a seizure 10 minutes after we got home. She is fine now. (My fellow dog lovers know how truly terrifying this is)

My fridge quit again after we left. The house sitter tried turning up the temp. Bottom line is all the food is gone. Mr. Huggs is trying to fix the fridge and I am looking for new fridge on craigslist.

Ok, one more, my sinus congestion kicked into full force the minute I walked through the door. The house hasn't been dusted in 4 days, the dogs haven't been brushed. They appear to have grown 4 months worth of undercoat in 4 days!

Done whining...for now.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:33 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Anyone remember the Byrds 'Turn Turn Turn'?

Playlist | Track Search Results:

click on the first arrow on the left
Old 05-30-2011, 10:26 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-58-a.html

D