Notices

August Sobriety 2009 Part 12

Old 04-20-2011, 08:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Woke up to another couple inches of snow on the ground. But it is gone already. Shooting for a high of 45 here today. Heat wave! haha.

My diet/workout program is almost complete. Easter is my last day. Trying to figure out when I am going to eat over the holiday. We are going to my wife's hometown for the weekend. I get to eat one meat while I am there. They are having Easter dinner Saturday night, so I will probably eat that and then do my shakes again on Sunday. Then Monday I get to start eating one meal every day. Man I am excited about that!

How is everyone else doing? Big Easter plans?
Old 04-20-2011, 10:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Bdiddy,

I am reading your post while eating a Twizzler..I applaud your diet discipline!

I made it back home from visiting Mom and family. Very emotional visit, as we have decided to sell my mothers business. Since my Dad died, her heart just isn't in it...and financially it would be best. I am thankful that I am able to help her thru this process and have taken some things off of her plate to deal with.

Sorry to hear you have more snow. I was happy to land in Atlanta yesterday with sunny skies and an 85 degree day.

I hope everyones week is going well!
Old 04-22-2011, 07:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Happy "Good Friday" to all of you. I pray you all have a blessed Easter weekend with family. We are heading to the in-laws this evening after my wife gets home from work. Three hour drive with a 2.5 year old. Always fun. Not sure how you guys did it without DVD players.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

happy Easter guys

D
Old 04-22-2011, 07:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, and everyone else. My daughter is home from college so we will have a nice family weekend.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:29 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Bdiddy..no DVD players but, lots of sing a long cassettes and books. Aw, the good ole days

Happy Easter Everyone..

Zebra, I hope you enjoy your visit with your daughter. I am sure it has been wonderful having her home.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:25 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Bumping us ole Augustities up...just to keep us going
Old 04-27-2011, 01:53 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good job ANEW!

I'll be back to post more later.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:57 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks Anew. I was wondering if you all were still alive.

I just got an interesting e-mail. A guy I have known for a couple years whom we have all thought to have a problem with alcohol just emailed me and asked me to give him a call. He "wants some help" and wants to talk to me.

Now, he does not know I am in AA but he does know that I no longer drink. We have a monthly "Guys Night Out" and we ran into him last week and he was drinking at the bar alone. He was obviously wasted when he came and sat down with us. He lost his job a few months ago and his wife and kids left him about 8 months ago.

I am for sure going to call him and see what I can do and what he has on his mind. But I am worried that if I reveal I am in AA, all of my circle of friends will find out. I don't really care I guess, but I am just afraid they don't all understand this disease and may think less of me?

Anyways, just throwing this out there for you guys. Have any of you had a situation like this? I have never been called upon before to help a fellow alcoholic.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hmmm...what is our responsiblity declaration.."I am responsible, when anyone, anywhere, I want the hand of AA always to be there"

My suggestion, for what it is worth, would be to call him and let him start ask you questions with regard to recovery. You are living your recovery program, and that is most likely what he wants to know, what your program is, and how you work it. You are attracting

If he is interested in attending AA, and you take him, the 12th tradition applies, anonymity. Your friends don't need to know. I also don't know how or why he would bring that up to anyone else.

Bdiddy..your are a transformed man, emotionally, spiritually and physically. I am sure someone struggling that knows you don't drink anymore is attracted to your progress.

So...I wouldn't worry about anyone else find out, even if they did, so what.

You might just help save an alcoholics life.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:30 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Awful weather here in our little neck of the woods.

My daughter is up at the state tennis finals. They have lost power, and are hunkered down in the hallway of the hotel. They are predicting 4 or 5 more bands with tornadoes to pass where they are.

Praying for the safety of everyone in the path of these storms.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:54 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

You are right Anew, and confirmed what I already know. It is not my job to filter who comes into the wonderful world of AA. I will call him and just go from there. I prayed about it this morning and asked God to guide me. Now I just have to listen to him.

Also, thank you for your kind words Anew. Much appreciated.

Prayers for your daughter as well. I saw on the news last night about the severe weather in Alabama and I was hoping you were OK. Glad that you are, and prayers for a safe return for your daughter.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:31 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

ANEW, I hope you are ok down there! I just watched a video of a huge tornado that a guy from the University of Alabama filmed. Scary stuff.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:57 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

The devastation of those tornadoes is almost unimagineable.

My daughter is on the way home, although they were without power, etc. but safe.

Closer to us, some folks have lost property and homes, but, nothing like northern Alabama.

My place of business is a collection site for the Red Cross for donations. It is the very least we can do.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:52 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

On another note...who went first in the NFL draft?

That right, Cam Newton!

War Eagle!
Old 04-29-2011, 06:58 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I didn't watch the draft..... OR the Royal Wedding. Although my wife did DVR it. I can't believe how many people are so excited for this. Some people are just nuts.

Happy Friday everyone.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:14 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

The Royal Wedding stuff drives me crazy. I turned on the news in my car this morning at 8:00 and the first 5 minutes of CBS news was about the wedding. Then they finally got to the story I wanted to hear about, the tornadoes down south. I guess my priorities are skewed . . .
Old 04-29-2011, 11:58 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I didn't watch all of the draft, just bits and pieces.

I also didn't watch the wedding, just the highlights.

Co-ordinating some other efforts to collect donations for the storm victims. Smaller communities are completely wiped out. '

Thankful my daughter finally made it home, safe and sound.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:15 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Happy Monday everyone. We had one windy weekend. 50 mph gusts Friday through Sunday. It is pretty windy today too, but nothing like this weekend. I thought it was just awful but then remembered the people in Alabama who would have gladly traded places with me. Helped to put it in perspective.

I hope all of you are well. Getting ready for a house full of company this weekend. My wife's sister is flying in for a visit from NY this weekend. So that means that my wife's parents and Grandma are coming too. Time to get out the air mattresses and get ready to turn our dining room into a cafeteria.

Had a productive weekend. Got up Saturday morning and took my daughter with me to go and deliver fertilizer that our local Kiwanis club does as an annual fundraiser. It was so much fun just riding around with her. Had to stop and get her some Gummy worms. haha. Then went home and painted our kitchen. Then I took my wife out on a date Saturday night. Sunday we went to church then to a birthday party for one of our daughter's friends. Just a great weekend to be sober. Very grateful.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:16 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Bdiddy...your post is just brimming over with gratitude!

Has anybody seen TJ/Laura around lately? She used to post on the June thread, but, I noticed she hasn't been there in awhile. I hope all is well in her world, and KC1 also. I think of all who were here when we started this journey and hope they are safe and sound.

Raining here today...which, is sad for all those people who have damaged homes, the clean up crews, etc. But, there is no threat of severe weather, so, that is the good news.