Notices

Class of December 2010 pt 5

Old 03-31-2011, 03:36 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Bye, all, going out to BBQ...have a great night. Thanks for the suggestion...iced tea sounds better than seltzer with a big old steak.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:45 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi all.

Ready, my son was sick today + didn't go to school. Man-cold big time. I skipped work too - went to whole foods, bought fresh hot tomato zucchini soup, a bunch of Odwalla juices, lemons for water with lemon..and of course picked up more Airborne so I won't get sick. Ahem!! It works for me!! (So shut yer pie hole! As MJ's old lady once told her!) ;-) Ha ha.

Hooped, BF, MGF, Nota, North...hope you guys all have a sober evening.

I am heading to the 8pm around the corner I now attend on Tue/Thurs. nights a little later.

And VC? We are big Simpsons fan in this house and we love Ned Flanders, sure as dangety doodle we do, and we even throw in the odd "mmkay" here and there from Mr. Garrison of South Park. MMkay? MMkay? (Let's see if she loses it! Hee hee.)

Sober Soph can be depressive but also silly and expressive. Feelin it!!

Thanks for being here guys. Mmkay?
Old 03-31-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
People have a tendency to see themselves with a spotlight on them for all the world to see.........in reality, people don't and could really care less. They notice nothing, not any of the things rolling around in our heads.........they are too busy worrying about their own spotlight to notice us! So I try to put away my microscope and relax........operative word here is "try."
I love this quote Gotta remember it, I have soooooo many "spotlight" worries!

lol soph! hope you shoved the crabbys out the door and locked them out!! and I hope no one else gets them either!!

I'm just chilin with my water and diet cran with my feet up
Old 03-31-2011, 05:40 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

MJ a BBQ sounds like fun!

Geez one thing I have noticed is I can be pretty sensitive when sober. This girl I worked with made a sarcastic remark of me needing to shut up and it totally got to me. Not sure if it's that whole rollercoaster of emotions that I am going thru like the last time I was detoxing or what but instantly I was like screw it I just need to go drink. I still feel that way which is why I'm posting here first. Part of my problem with drinking might be that I have low self esteem so don't feel like I deserve to be happy and enjoy life.

Sorry but had to get that out.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:42 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

hi everyone. A looong day at the office, have not been home long. Well I am pooped out, i bed, and ready to crash. But it's another good day on the path to a better me.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:31 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Well Im home making my iced tea. I think I just needed to vent a lil in the post above. Now I am much more calm. Hope everyone has a good night.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:14 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hello Decemberist chattertons. I got that ReadyAndAble. Moving in the right direction for sure. I hopefully didn't come across as kurt yesterday. Busy busy day at work for me, then come home to a tiff with the woman. Some days I'd really like to. But not today.. Geesh. All have a good one.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:28 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

BF, yes you are more fragile when you are getting sober. I can attest to that!! It is like PMS times a million zillion. It frankly sucks! And at my meeting just now that came up right away as a subject - one woman with 60 days said, I am still battling the cravings every time I get stressed out or emotional at all..happy or sad...just feeling feelings makes me want to go buy vodka!

And I can relate so much...stress...resentment...anger...it all makes me want to drink. But when I do...as we all know...it only makes everything worse. So...it is insanity for me to actually think that having a drink will make anything better. My disease tries to tell me to drink. I want to be smarter than a stupid disease.

I am so glad you posted and now are calmer. Keep doing that!! You are doing so great!

Gotta run...ice cream calling... and my book...sigh...safety!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:16 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Exactly soph you totally summed my feeling up! I joined some friends for a Bon fire and it was nice to relax. Had a monster while other people drank and was ok since I had something to sip on.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:10 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hey, Ollie, I thought you sounded positive yesterday—sorry today's been one of the rougher ones.

BF, glad you ended up having a good night. It really is like summer today—it's 9 now and still must be close to 80 degrees.

Soph, that's so true about the disease talking. The logic is so twisted sometimes, it's amazing... Did you have some of the soup? I totally believe in the power of soup, if that makes you feel any better! Hope he feels better tomorrow.

I'm beat. Long day capped by watching Tangled on the iPad. Since this is an anonymous forum, I'll go ahead and say it: I really like that movie.

Good night, gang. Hope you all sail smoothly through the day tomorrow!
Old 04-01-2011, 04:08 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

BF, you have to be kind to yourself. Treat yourself like a kid with a cold right now. You're doing an amazing job.

I am constantly battling a critical/really mean voice. My sponsor told me to practice "self-kindness," but it's not natural for me...I wake up thinking, "What did I do wrong?"

So dinner was okay...while we waited for my old boss, I really wanted a drink, and I was kind of nervous and not in the mood to be out. I said to my husband, "See, this is the kind of night where a lass of wine would really make me feel better," and he said, "No--this is the kind of night where it would all go wrong." He was so right! 5 glasses later, I would have gone into an emotional tailspin. So the night was okay. Calm. And I'm feeling calm this morning.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:59 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

MJ, what a supportive thing for your husband to say, that's really great.

Happy Friday everyone, except for the flat on my bike coming in thismorning, it looks to be a good day to close out the week.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:22 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

News flash:
Found out yesterday that my boss from hell is no longer with the company. It will be interesting to see what happens.....I am the only one still on winter layoff......will the new guy ask me back this year? If they don't, it's a lawsuit as I am union........mind you, I don't want to go back anyway, trying to start the biz as you know. I wonder what this new guy knows about me going to HR last year over the ahole boss who is now gone.............the plot thickens........lol.

The roofers have started to shingle....yay! But somehow I do not have satellite anymore......will have to deal with that along with a hundred other things today............but it's FRIDAY!!!!!!! Woot woot!

Glad the dinner went well MJ! Your hubby is a gem.

BETTER! WHERE ARE YOU??? We miss you!

BF, good for you, given some time the desire to drink does fade. I am proud of you!

MG, did you get any snow from the last storm?

Good morning, R&A, Ollie, Nota and all the rest............oh and Ms. Soph I have a dingle-berry dippity doo video for you:

YouTube - South Park: It's Easy M'kay Song & Video HD
Old 04-01-2011, 06:35 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi Decembers!

I'm still kickin lol

Got handed a project Tues afternoon that was due by end of day Thurs GRRRR so the last few days have been long and hectic. Really wanted a drink to "cope" but I stuck with my sodas, water and coffee drinks.

And to reward myself for all my hard work, I took off today
Going to hit a Jazzercise class in 1/2 hour, then hit the yard. Looks to be a gorgeous day today. My backyard looks like a jungle, and apparently it is. I caught kitty eating "something" last night and when I walked out into the backyard, he was eating a baby rabbit I realize the food chain exists, I just don't want to witness it in my own backyard.

Okay have a busy "home" day ahead so need to get started. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:23 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Exterminator number 2 just left...his price was also $350. Damn--gld I had a steak while I could afford it! Better, I need your cat!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Better I am jealous you have the day off! I cant wait for my weekend to start! I still have another 10hrs before that starts..

R&A my sis was trying to get me to watch that Tangled movie the other night, maybe I'll check it out over the weekend.

Well I'm proud to say Im startin the day on day 5! these 5 days flew by! mainly bc Ive been so busy but at least staying busy keeps me distracted from drinking. Yesterday my emotions were really up n down which I remember happening around this time last time I got sober and I hate it, I dont deal with feelings well which is something I need to work on but for today Im working on not drinking..
Happy Friday!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:02 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Ha ha, VC, thanks for that! I love the poster "Get High on Pottery" - that would look great in my office! Very funny. And wow, that is quite the drama with your boss and everything...keeps life interesting huh? No need to create your own drama! Which is good.

Hi Better, have a fantastic day off! Sorry about your rabbit situation - my dogs also get into stuff that smells rank, I never really know what it is and don't want to...but I will tell you that last year one of them left me a little perfectly formed, dead rabbit newborn on my bed. I think it was an offering. It was disturbing!

BF, glad you hung in there at the bonfire! way to go.

MJ, your hubby does sound like a gem. Whew, what a relief for you not to have had wine if that would have been the case. What sweets are you eating these days , if any? Still raisinets?

MG, sorry about your flat, but as usual you seem to handle everything with a positive and pro-active attitude which is very inspirational. TGIF!

R+A, are you better today poor little bunny? And no, I actually did not sample the soup but I did eat some chicken pot pie I also bought at WF. Needed comfort food! It rocked.

Hooped buddy...how are you today? Nota...the crabbies seem to be gone for the moment, thanks! Diet cran sounds good...need to look into that.

North, Natash, Ollie, TGIF and stay sober!!

And lastly, I think now I am one of the last to see "Tangled" in our group...it has replaced the Kings Speech as the Need To Watch Film of the week!!
Old 04-01-2011, 12:24 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Ben and Jerry's Peach Cobbler. Just finished the pint!
Old 04-01-2011, 02:21 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Sounds yummy MJ! Java Monster over here on my lunch at work.

I have to admit guys I totally forgot what it's like the first week sober and how I was up n down the first 2 weeks I think. It's all coming back to me now that I'm experiencing it all over. Yesterday at work I had tons of energy and today I am totally dragging and feeling bummed, I just want to be at home with my dog watching tv. I think tonight I might treat myself to some pizza and maybe watch a movie.

What's everyone's plans for the weekend?
Old 04-01-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hey, gang, just a quick note before I wake my girl up from her nap. Sounds like everyone's doing great, aside from a few animal issues (for $350 I think I'd just give that critter a name and call it a day, MJ!).

Better, my yard day is Sunday. Hope it cools down by then (yes, I am officially the first person in 2011 to complain about it being too hot...)

BF, you are rocking along now. Have you mapped out plans for a busy weekend? Your sis is right—Tangled is way funnier and more action-packed than typical Disney princess princess flicks. The animation is first-rate, too.

VC, that's interesting about your work. The plot thickens...

Soph, the kiddo and I are feeling better, and officially beginning her week-long spring break (I'm taking next Thurs and Fri off too—so it's like two mini vacations for me too!).

OK, she's awake—back online tonight.

Good morning, Dee!