Notices

Class of December 2010 pt 5

Old 03-30-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Chatty chatterton! That cracks me up.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:50 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

What happens if chatty chatterton meets middlesboruogh? (or whatever his name was!)

MJ I am there with you on the whole making the night special thing. I found that every night was becoming a good night to drink...a lot. It just wasn't manageable for me. My work hangovers were horrible, and I felt like I was heading down a path to nowhere.

Had a somewhat deflating call with my brother today--he's a barfly--about our fishing trip for late May. Seems he's not sure if we'll go..he sent a txt to me last night about this so i was returning his call. He remembered nothing and said it had been one of "those" kinda nights. I've been listening to this stuff for years.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:18 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Yeah those 'poor me's' are dangerous. Not a healthy mind set for recovering alkies.

I could just blame my drinking on outside issues and wish if only certain things changed or were somehow different then I would surely be different too so I'm justified to have a drink. Oh poor me.

It's much more realistic though to just try to change ourselves and let the world catch up.

So Im back where I started....24 hour segements.

Day 2....drained mentally....but luckily I don't have a man-cold.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:20 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

'grats on that day 2 Hooped

D
Old 03-30-2011, 07:27 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey, Decembers do rock! Dang dippity right we do!

R+A, thanks for your post too and for reminding us of our rockingness. We rock so much there's even a band named after us!

MGF, sorry about your brother's deflating message..,people are going to disappoint us...as non drinkers at least we can deal with it better now...hope at least something fun works out for you in May...

VC, how are you and Mr Cycle's solar panels coming along?

MJ...give chatty chatterton a big smile right after you eat some raisinets but keep them in your teeth for him to see.

Hooped, hang in there buddy..keep posting.

Nota, did you notice I was way crabby earlier? I think I got yours and R+A's from yesterday combined... and then my crabbiness ran outside, rolled in scat, ate garlic then came back in and jumped inside my skin and started telling me I was a loser. Now that is some crab-bay-ness.

Feeling punchy after reading you guy's posts. Am totally sober. Uncle Buck is on and my son and I have been laughing.:rotfxko
Old 03-30-2011, 07:36 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Soph no worries with the AA, you just might inspire me to give it another try this week. Hitting the treadmill sounds like a great positive way to burn that neg vibe.

R&A I just finished dinner and have the water warming up for my tea! I'm looking forward to enjoying it in a bit to relax. It def feels like a nice summer night over here. It's right around 70 here.

Hooped congrats on day2!

MJ I am really enjoying just keeping it mellow after the busy day I had.

Day3 today I felt a lot better then the past 2 days. Slept a little better last night. I just started watching some movie called You Again and getting ready to enjoy some tea.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:11 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Got bad news for you folks, but the numbers I talked about make pretty clear that we are the chatty chattertons!

Night all (and g'afternoon, Dee).
Old 03-30-2011, 08:19 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

night gang...

D
Old 03-30-2011, 08:30 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Love all my december chatty chattertons! Nice work staying sober today, team. Lala salama
Old 03-30-2011, 11:47 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Keep at it. Just keep progressing or not. It won't end until you end it.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:38 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

So, I know some of us are and some of us are not in AA. I still love the promises and hearing them read out loud at meetings is motivating. If you are bored you can always read them out loud to yourself. Thanks for all being here. Hugs, Soph

THE A.A. PROMISES
If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through. We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others. That feeling of uselessness and selfpity will disappear. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows. Self-seeking will slip away. Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change. Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:46 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Thanks, Soph. Im actually kind of neevous about going to the morning meeting and not sitting next to C. C. Yet another thing to give up to HP. Big night out tonight with an old, hard-drinking boss. Luckily, we're headed to a restaurant with great steaks and I will be having one with my seltzer! Have a wonderful day, all.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:47 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

"Neervous" (adj): nervous, but with extra anxiety.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:27 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

lol, MJ. How about "Neervous": Anxious about something that's minutes away.

Good morning, gang. I think we're all going in the right direction, Ollie!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:31 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hey class just hoppin on for a sec before headin out. Startin out another day sober and hang over free, it sure feels good! now looking back at those past couple weeks when I relapsed and was drinking again I sure feel crazy doing that when being sober feels so much better! glad to be back here posting every day..
Old 03-31-2011, 08:34 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Haven't heard the word taciturn in awhile Soph, I was impressed.......until........Dang dippity right we do! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. lol.
Solar tubes were set last Saturday but kept loose so the roofers could shove shingles under them..they are up there now.....I can not hear myself think so I will keep this short and get out of the house........

R&A, sounds like you are feeling better.......nice. Speaking of better....where are ya Better??????

Keep on moving forward BF, I am really glad you are back with us.

Morning Hooped. Are you coming back to life? keep forcing those fluids my friend, it will get all that junk out of you sooner. How is the cat? Did he end up needing therapy after "the incident?"

Good luck at the meeting MJ. I wouldn't worry about where you sit.....you think too much! (reminds me of me!) I try to think back on something I read once. People have a tendency to see themselves with a spotlight on them for all the world to see.........in reality, people don't and could really care less. They notice nothing, not any of the things rolling around in our heads.........they are too busy worrying about their own spotlight to notice us! So I try to put away my microscope and relax........operative word here is "try."
MG, your brother serves as a strong reminder as to what drinking does to people....that's a tough one.

Hi Nota, hope all is well this morning!

Hi to everyone else I may have overlooked. MAKE it a good morning. I have to get out of this loud house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 09:41 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Sounds like everybody's rockin'on nicely !

Me too.
I've learned something with my 2 relapses this year...each one gets worse.
So I'm back to life here on day 3.
Kitty is cool with that.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:00 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Yeah, hope you don't mind if a draw some lessons of my own from your relapse, Hooped. I have a feeling if I go down, I'll go down in a big way. But no chance of that today, and today is all that matters!

I'm still sick VC, just tired of complaining about it. Trying to handle it like a woman. My lil' one is back home sick—her cold turned into bronchitis and an ear infection. So we're getting a head start on her spring break.

Which means it's now nap time for us both. The best part of being sick!
Old 03-31-2011, 01:22 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hope the two of you feel better R&A!

VC I hope getting your stuff all hooked up works out. I know how annoying that construction type of work can be!

It's turning into a warm summer like afternoon here and guess what my first reaction was? ... Cold beer!! Sounded good for about 3mins until I thought the whole thing thru. Might have to make some iced tea tonight instead of hot tea.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:47 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

We don't drink beer, so no point in worrying over it BF.
I hope you enjoy the iced tea!