Notices

Class of December 2010 pt 5

Old 04-22-2011, 06:12 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

HI everyone, some great posts here. I will need to catch up on my reading later.

Have a great day everyone and be positive! There are ups and downs but we are all in this together. We can help each other!

GirlfromCO "phantom hangover" is the exact phrase I have used for years...like I feel like I SHOULD have one but I don't.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:40 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Good morning, my little tree-swinging, fake hangover-feeling, fried cheeseball-eating, beer-eyeballing, netflix-streaming, marathon-running friends!! (I guess I could include me by adding "ice cream-eating") - Happy Friday!

Whoops, I was about to embark on a whimsical happy note but my boss just called me into a meeting (yo yo yo j/k) more later peeps! you are all 2 good 2 b 4 gotten.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:01 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

and R&A went out to live his dream...........

Old 04-22-2011, 08:23 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hahaha VC great pic to start the day! Hope R&A is havin fun up there in the trees.

Well almost thru another work week. I was out last night is a bunch of people drinking and messed up again. I thought it would be cool but it's way to soon for me to be doing stuff like that ( being out around everyone drinking). I am also like GFCO trying to plan out my weekend so I don't end up bored with beer on my mind. No plans yet besides taking the dogs hiking tomorrow morning. I actually want to avoid Easter all together and stay home. I feel as though I'll really be tempted to drink.

So I was thinking this morning about what I'm going to do to make positive changes and switch up my lifestyle and I think quitting the cigs is a biggg one that needs to be cut out. Cigs n booze goes hand n hand for me so cut the booze and cut the the cigs. I don't even like cigs, I actually hate the smell haha. I didn't pick it up again until about a month or so ago. So since I smoked my last one last night I am not going to buy a new pack today.

What's everyone's Easter plans for the weekend? Anyone's kids coloring some Easter eggs!?
Old 04-22-2011, 08:32 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

lol........good morning all! I feel like crap today but I am sober! My lungs feel on fire........kinda feels like bronchitis. Lovely........

I am glad I got all my running around done, today is a nasty day to be outside. Windy, cold and snowy. Ick.

Is anyone celebrating Easter? We are having my sweetie's family over...his parents for sure, who knows about his girls. They are grown and both just had babies.........kids are just different these days. They always have their hand out. "Where's mine?" attitude. Ugh. On a lighter note, I am a pushover for holiday things......like flowers for the occasion and sometimes treats. So I saw these in the grocery store.....could you have resisted?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCN0247.jpg (23.6 KB, 28 views)
Old 04-22-2011, 08:40 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Sorry BF, I was trying to shrink the picture above and your post came before mine.........I think quitting cigs would be a fabulous idea! I am a reformed smoker. It's been......10 years?? It is truly the best move I ever made. I applaud you............think of the money you will save, hell when I quit cigs were just about $2 a pack.............look at it now, like $6 is it? I will be your cheerleader for this!!

Anyway, before this thread becomes the VC show, I best back out and let others post. lol.

Tomorrow is 60 days for me!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in a good place. I am honored to be a part of this group. I am so grateful.

Later kids.......

Have a good day today.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:16 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

I want deep fried macaroni cheese balls for Easter. This is not a joke. I have a treadmill and I will use it accordingly. Please R+A, recipe? I've got a meatball wedgie recipe, now I just need those deep fried cheeseballs.

In other news, it would be great if we had a non smoking thread! BF great idea!! And remember, we're here if you need us over the weekend for support.

VC...tomorrow is a big day for you. Very exciting!

I have been carrying around the 2 books "Keep It Simple" and "The Language of Letting Go' in my work bag and I check them every day (daily thoughts) SUPER HELPFUL!! I ordered them (and a ton of other books) from Amazon. Sometimes I just need to read words on a page and it helps me thru rough times.

TIFN! (That's It for Now) Cheers all!!

PS Yummers!! Those cupcakes!! Me me me!!
Old 04-22-2011, 02:01 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hey everyone hope all is well! Will catch up on my reading here next week. Still enjoying vacation, completely sober
Old 04-22-2011, 03:04 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Soph, here's my recipe: Mix one gallon of unleaded gas with an automobile and stir all the way to the nearest Trader Joe's (do you guys have those, or is it just a California thing?). They're in the frozen vegetarian section. My daughter's fave food is mac & cheese, so I grabbed them for her when I spotted them. That was the plan anyway. Oh well... I did stick a couple left over ones in her lunch box this morning, lol....
Old 04-22-2011, 03:09 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

VC, when did you take that picture? I would have dressed for the occasion if I'd known...
Old 04-22-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

I was underneath the treeline R&A, I even saw your unmentionables. lol....
Old 04-22-2011, 03:57 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Whoa, guys, I am really, really wanting wine. Kids at a sleepover...still remembering the romantic nights with a good bottle or two. Very strong cravings...I almost didn't post becuase I thought, "I don't want them to stop me...I want some wine!". Cunni, baffling, etc. Luckily, I don't have any wine, and the craving is fading. Sometimes, I just want to not be an alcoholic.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:57 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Making a big bottle of seltzer...slicing a lemon.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:22 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Now going for a swim in nearby swimming hole. I'm going to make it.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:20 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

MJ - I am sorry I wasn't here when you were jonesing. Nearby swimming hole? that sounds amazing. Also seltzer with cucumber seems to be kind of a cool craze, I tried it after seeing it on The Other Guys and it actually does taste pretty good. That is, if you're up for trying a new seltzer taste treat :-)

And R+A, yes, I live very near by a Trader Joe's (BF knows this because she and I both love TJ's mint choc chip ice cream) just because I live in Nashville doesn't mean we are complete hicks ya know. Actually due to the laws here there is no wine in supermarkets and no liquor stores open on Sundays. Unlike Miami where I moved here from, where you can get wine or liquor at like, gas stations or Targets at 7am or anytime you might want!!

Guys, I have never seen "Syriana" so I am Netflix streaming it tonight. Will be eating snacks and drinking seltzer mixed with Trader Joe lemonade. Crazyland!!! Ok not really.

NOTA: You ROCK! For staying sober on vacation. YOU GO!!! We are very proud. Come here, you. :ghug3
Old 04-22-2011, 05:31 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Hope you're doing ok MJ! Friday nights can be tough......way to go with the seltzer.

I wish we had a Trader Joe's........and a Whole Foods...........Montana is behind the times for sure........

My dude had to work late, there was a power outage somewhere.....maybe I will look into a Netflix movie too...........or maybe I will just read for a change. I need to do more of that.
BF, how are you doing tonight?
Old 04-22-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Fried Mac n Cheese balls? Yum! I've had them before from traders. Pretty good, although my fav are the ones at cheesecake factory!

Nota enjoy the rest of your vacation!

MJ hang in there. You've worked hard for your sober time!

I'm finally home from work catching up on some tv shows. Tomorrow I have a lot of studying to do. The thought of drinking has popped in my head a few times today but I'm staying home tonight and won't go out bc if I do I know I will drink.

Soph you and MJ are always talking about that seltzer stuff. It sounds pretty refreshing. I might have to try it some time. Isn't it just like carbonated water? Or Is it flavored?
Old 04-22-2011, 05:47 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

MJ, BF, everyone stay strong.

Was out for dinner, lots of margaritas. I was ok, got a helpful "he's not drinking" from a friend so that was really cool.

But what a wet cold ride home!
Old 04-22-2011, 05:59 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry you were struggling MJ but I'm glad you made it through.

Keep playing that tape through right to the end - drinkings not about the rosy glow for us...

it's about binges, bad behaviour, appalling decisions, embarrassment, feeling ill and ashamed, accidents, neglecting ourselves and our loved ones...

it's just plain bad news.

D
Old 04-22-2011, 06:02 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for a new thread

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...10-pt-6-a.html
D