Notices

Whiners Anonymous Pt 54

Old 03-21-2011, 08:09 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

I love that band RZ and I have the collection of I love Lucy in DVD

Least I have thought about just talking to frat boy but I guess I am scared cause I already have a resentment, and if he was a brat like saying 'its my apt. screw you" then all bets are off and I may just come unglued. I know I am jumping to conclusions but trust me you can't make that kinda of noise and not know and the weird thing is he only does it at night? He didn't stop till 2am or thats when I finally fell asleep.

For those who wonder well why doesn't she just move? I have such a lousy credit score as well as a record its really not that simple it took me forever to get this one.

Its hard for me cause I just think its a respect thing but I guess at 20 there is none?

Bubaloo:uzi2:
Old 03-21-2011, 08:16 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Newby, you can still be looking for other places to live. You have nothing to lose, and you just might find something better than what you have. You'll never know if you don't try.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:32 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Newb...have I missed something here?

Who's to say the next place you'd move to wouldn't have the same kind of moron living next to, above, or below you?

This is from a local law enforcement victim's rights site:

"Disturbing the peace is a misdemeanor criminal offense. A person charged with disturbing the peace may face jail time of up to 90 days, fines up to $400, or both. In many instances, disturbing the peace is a first criminal offense and, if so, a person may avoid jail time altogether if convicted.

Your Rights as a Victim
If you, or someone you know, believe that you are the victim of disorderly conduct or loud and excessive noise or disruption, it is important to know what you can do to minimize or stop the harm your are experiencing.

What Can You Do? Ask Them to Stop the Behavior
If the perpetrator is a neighbor or person you know, and you do not feel physically threatened or in potential harm, you might explain that their conduct is problematic and ask him or her to stop the behavior. Should the situation escalates, you should remove yourself from the dispute.
Contact the Police
If the harm continues, or if there is imminent danger (such as fighting) you may want to contact the police and explain the situation to them. A person who disrupts the peace is often given a fair warning by police. In most cases, police involvement may stop the disruptive behavior altogether.

Contact a Lawyer
Finally, if none of the above actions help your situation, it may be necessary to contact an attorney. In addition to violating criminal laws against disturbing the peace, disruptive behavior may violate nuisance laws, in which case, filing a lawsuit against the perpetrator might help bring an end the disruptive behavior.
----
While it's never pleasant to "confront" an unruly person, laying down and taking it doesn't make things any better either and only allows the moron to continue bad behavior.

Are there other rentors who are affected by this? If so, why aren't they complaining? There's strength in numbers if you all come together.

Screw the "resentment."

If you allow idiots like this to run you out of your home, you'll be running your whole life.

Stand up for yourself.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:39 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Newby - check your local laws. In my city, first noise violation is a warning. A red notice is put on your front door for 30 days. Violating the warning results in a first time offense of $500 for each person living in the apt. and $1000 fine to the landlord, even if he or she does not live on the premises.

Excessive noise after 10pm. The police do not tell the offender who complained.

I agree with HB, stand up for your right to peace in your own home!
Old 03-21-2011, 12:20 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Old 03-21-2011, 12:43 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I think you're looking for the "Post your mood with a smiley" thread, least.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:46 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

i'm sorry newbie, hope things improve....call the police if you do not feel comfortable confronting this jlerk-off.

the weatherman has LIED again...I'm gunning for old Al Roker who promised me 57 degrees today.....it never went above 44....cold, rainy and damp...i never should have bought bulbs for planting!!!

(this is a fly-by whinette)
Old 03-21-2011, 12:48 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

The weather is gorgeous here, albeit a bit windy. I hope that we don't have another cold snap, but this being Texas, anything is possible.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:36 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Hmmm. problem Least?

j/k

my sentiments exactly.

it's snowing here with 5" forecasted b4 all is said and done.

groundhog...liar

I have taken back my "Happy Spring" dance until July.

Fands, the only bulbs I got are the dim-wit weather forecaster bulbs.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Spring cleaning is not for wienies.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:33 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

the powers that control the weather are forecasting rain through Wednesday here....I got teased last week with that whiff of spring...then saw all the flower and plant stuff out, so i bought the beautiful callidium bulbs in 3 different colors...they came up HUGH last year and looked ver ytropical...i got all excited and carried away...Of course the weather changed.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:02 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Been feeling sh!tty all day, mentally, I mean. Was a lot busier than I wanted to be and felt very tense all day. Still feeling anxious as hell and unsettled.

Am also worried about Nikko. Vet took him off his two meds for a day to see if he got more energetic. He's been having side effects from both: fatigue, dizziness, drowsiness, and loss of appetite. It's a 'damned if you do and damned if you don't' mess. Without the meds his energy and appetite should go back to normal... but the pressure in his eye will increase.

Need your prayers please. I'm worried sick.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Least - Sorry you & Nikko are having to go through this up & down stuff.

Ann - I have a brand new "Hints from Heloise" book someone gave me. I'm going to be armed with it when I approach my spring cleaning - sometime next week maybe - or the week after - or.....well, before June. You're a good girl to get started.

Many people were planting flowers this weekend. Isn't it too early? I think I'm in Zone 7, which means a possible frost into April.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Prayers abound for Nikko....and you, Least.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:30 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

i hope Nikko bounces back....i remember once when Slim was sick with kidney stones...i kept a bag of saline hanging in the shower and Mr. Fandy#2 would come over every night and "shoot him up" to keep him hydrated, Slim hated the needle, we were using one from a blood draw, it ws like a straw,....$1400 and 2 caths later, he was fine....now the old boy is pushing 16....he maintains his status as president of "The Clean Plate Club"...he is a HUGE cat, his head is like a smaller grapefruit, his feet are the size of twinkies...(black twinkies).
Old 03-21-2011, 06:06 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

newb, remember, Pistol Pete?

one of my faves

chic, chicky, boom!

wow, the politcal HB!!! go girl

ggod one suki! rorfl

spring in Ct. today

nuff said
Old 03-21-2011, 06:41 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

Dang Humblebee and Hugger wantin' to break out the big guns on Newbies neighbor! RIGHT ON!!! Hit 'em in the pocket book! You might want to try talking to him first and if he's a typical disrespectful youngin' hit 'em with the long arm of the law. I'm with Humblebee and Hugger on this one!!! Gals

Awe Least I'm so sorry to hear about Nikko, I promise to keep him in my prayers. God love that pup ((((you too)))).

My whine... still haven't figured out a way to implement Ann's gumpy payment plan. Could have made a bundle tonight
Old 03-21-2011, 07:50 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Che

Originally Posted by cmc View Post
Che....my favorite caffeinated tea is Earl Grey...the decaf version of it is a mere shadow of the real thing; but I find that the more milk I add to my tea the less problems I have with the negative effects from the caffeine.

Che's *Tea-totalling (*pun intended )Caffeine Blues-Whine-ku

Che's got tea troubles
just one cup is not enough
and three's too many
Hahaha, that was great, thank you I've got a thing for Yunnan tea, which tastes and smells like driftwood and I don't know why I like that.

Poor Least and Nikko I sympathise and hope you both start feeling better soon.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:04 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Che call me crazy but tea that tastes/smells like driftwood intrigues me, so I'm going to try and find some next trip to the store.

Speaking of crazy - I'm going there today I'm sure. I'm antsy pantsy, restless and cranky. I've got cabin fever and lethargic as a slug. All of the
above is rolled into one and yes I know this will pass, but Hells Bells it sure
doesn't feel like it is going to and I don't like it one little bit.

Tomorrow I'm going to force myself to go out and about in this frozen tundra just because I know I will probably feel better if I do.

Least keeping positive thoughts and prayers for you and Nikko.

Hevyn - Hint's from Heloise, huh? Spring cleaning (actually a Spring overhaul)
is so needed in my home. It is a true disaster zone. That is the only benefit of all this horrible extended winter weather. I keep using it as an excuse to put off that dreaded job, by telling myself that it's not spring yet. Hey it's so bad that just setting off a bomb and starting all over would probably be the best solution.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:57 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hugs and prayers for Nikko and you too Least.

It's been somewhat spring-ish here, colder now but no snow (touch wood).

We can't plant flowers until almost June here. Well, we can but frost will get them.

Heading back to work today again, sheesh those weekends are nice even when one day is for spring cleaning.

I am having both bathrooms renovated in the next few months. I am wise enough to do one at a time. But the whine potential from renovations is unlimited. Stay tuned

Morning whiners!!Happy Spring wherever it is.