i forgot all about that

mt'n

make sure the ins. is paid,

gas and a match does wonders

j/k
Old 03-22-2011, 04:18 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I did it again! Laid down at 7 last night and slept all night. Dogs slept right beside me all night. Missed their supper and they didn't even complain, just stayed with me all night. I must have been very tired... Weird dreams all night too... Nikko seems to be his old self this morning. Back to his normal energy level. Thank you all for your prayers.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:47 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Did someone say BATHROOM WHINES????? RENOVATION WHINES?????

I'm right there....my contractor came over lastnight with bad news...the tile i picked out is not available!!! FLOCK!!! now i have to go to the tile warehouse and find something else....he brought over something lighter and too bland for my stylish taste.

saturday will be spent with the shopping and making myself crazy...i do not want to spend $12.99 a square foot, that is just ridicules.

of course i have been trying very hard to get everything done in advance as my mother is not improving and i wanted to ward off extra stress...but now i have to start over...just a small setback but lots of good whining material here!

snow and that "wintery mix" is predicted for tonight and tomorrow...but of COURSE! it's spring!!! grrrr.
least so glad to hear that you and the pups are well rested and now have energy....missing a meal won't hurt them...i wish i could go to sleep without supper for a few nights!
Old 03-22-2011, 04:59 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

signs that predate the internet...

D
Old 03-22-2011, 04:59 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
queeny, you still work?

i forgot all about that
Part time, two or three days a week...except when I am in Florida or at a cottage or doing something fun! I've waited all my life for a job like this
Old 03-22-2011, 05:00 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

D
(oops)
Old 03-22-2011, 05:31 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

LOL (haha) at that sign!

I had just finished writing a grat post when my giant dork Rottweiler puppy stood up suddenly under my desk, banging it hard enough to dump a full cup of coffee all over the desk. Smokes ruined cell phone soaked but appears to be working, some papers saturated.

On the up-side, my desk in now sparkly-clean and organised because I had to move everything out of the way and clean it.

Also, we are supposed to be under a winter storm warning starting tonight. Ice, sleet, snow, lows in the teens. Just when we were teased by some spring-like weather for a few days! Ugh.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:48 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

least - you and Nikko are in my prayers everyday.

Arizona had the wind yesterday too. Started to rain last night and still some drizzle this morning. I love the rain but it really tears my body up. I'm starting work an hour late just waiting for the pain meds to kick in. I have just enough money to refill my non-narcotic prescription.

Just discovered my whine for the day. It costs five times more money to buy the non-narcotic prescription that I take daily than the oxycodone that I take occasionally. Just doesn't seem right.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:25 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

no hugger, it does NOT seem to be right....did you think about chatting up the pharmacist to see if he could rec. a cheaper non-narc. substitute that you could ask the doctor for?

sometimes the older meds are much cheaper because they come generic which is $4.00 at wallymart.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Che

Originally Posted by mtnmagic View Post
Che call me crazy but tea that tastes/smells like driftwood intrigues me, so I'm going to try and find some next trip to the store.

Speaking of crazy - I'm going there today I'm sure. I'm antsy pantsy, restless and cranky. I've got cabin fever and lethargic as a slug. All of the
above is rolled into one and yes I know this will pass, but Hells Bells it sure
doesn't feel like it is going to and I don't like it one little bit.
Hopefully you read this before you go on your adventure: I found my Yunnan tea at a store called T&T. In other words, you'll have the most luck looking at an Asian food grocery store, although if you know shops that specifically sell a lot of teas you'll probably be able to find it there too.

Hope you find driftwood tea and start feeling better soon haha.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:15 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

Dee - should one point and lol?

Stevie - Although I love spring it's the jokes and teases that Mother Nature plays this time of year that really steam me up! I'm in the same weather zone as you.

Today's whine: woken up @ 4:30AM not by noisey frat boys but by husband. going out of town for a few days. had some nasty things to say before he left. (my thoughts) have a safe trip DEAR and may the bird of happiness poop in your eye too.

Today's lesson: Hit Pause, ask HP to take it, roll over go back to sleep. It worked
Old 03-22-2011, 12:35 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

Holy stock pile Batman..... 3 hours and 15 min and no whines? Is the thread broken?
Old 03-22-2011, 01:08 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I was also being harassed in the middle of the night...by Fandy.....That is one PUSHY cat....LOUD purring and licking my chin, I rolled over and gave him the side of the bed he prefers....he jumps over my body, again purring in my face and bites my chin (lightly)...I roll back to the other side of the bed...lather, rinse repeat...until I sit up and look at the clock (2:11AM)...throw the cat off of the bed, he bounces back with the same act.

i get up, drag myself to the kitchen to see that the dry kibble dish is completely empty...but there are 2 1/2 bowls of wet still sitting. I stop arguing with the cat and just fill up the dry bowl...so they leave me alone until the alarm goes off.

Fandy is VERY spoiled.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:00 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Fandy I will be consulting with you when I am ready to go ahead with the bathrooms...soon.

The way I see it is that kitchens and baths are very important when you think of resale value (not that I will ever sell my wonderful condo, but you have to think of that). And I don't want to have to do it over again some day. So it makes sense to do it right and do it pretty this time around, yes? Quality pays for itself because it endures.

That said, Bubba is running resistance. I choose (by picture not purchase yet) a vanity and some shelving where he can put his "stuff" and not have it all over the vanity, so it looks nice...and his response is "I like it there where I can get it". You women "get" what I am talking about, and apologies to Dee and Zipperman and any fellas here...I am certain YOU aren't like that.

We have two small bathrooms. One for Queeny and one for Bubba. Uncluttered is the only way to go with a "small" bathroom. Queeny says

Bathroom Reno Whine-Ku

Queeny has good taste
The bathrooms will be splendid
Bubba's "stuff" must go.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:10 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

No kitchen faucet. It fell apart over the weekend. I agree, Ann, quality is important. The one we ordered on Sunday will take a week to get here, but costs 1/3 of buying local. The good news is my dishwasher works! So, I just have to haul the dishes out to the laundry room to rinse them then haul back into the kitchen to load the dishwasher.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:11 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Bathroom Reno Whine-Ku

Queeny has good taste
The bathrooms will be splendid
Bubba's "stuff" must go.

Great stuff!!
Old 03-22-2011, 03:31 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hate to tell you gals but the ideal man's bathroom must have a HUGE shelf right under the mirror...with EVERYTHING ON IT....

and cabinets above and below it empty....
D
Old 03-22-2011, 03:40 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

My whine - my van is stuck in the driveway in 4 foot snow drift. The snow has drifted over the fence so the dogs can easily just walk right out. I have had ENOUGH of this never-ending winter. Oh and even if I was able to get my van unstuck, the highways are not fit for travel and everyone is either sliding off the roads and some are rolloving. And I have NO chocolate the in the house!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!
Old 03-22-2011, 03:49 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by Genie View Post
My whine - my van is stuck in the driveway in 4 foot snow drift. The snow has drifted over the fence so the dogs can easily just walk right out. I have had ENOUGH of this never-ending winter. Oh and even if I was able to get my van unstuck, the highways are not fit for travel and everyone is either sliding off the roads and some are rolloving. And I have NO chocolate the in the house!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!
Great first whine! (especially the dog fence whine) YOu've had experience, I can see. Welcome to WHiners Anonymous, where whiners are winners.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:04 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Genie - welcome! You're doin' this whining thing right. Keep them coming.

Ann - I say both bathrooms should belong to Queenie. Bubba can have a washstand with one of those bowls & pitchers of water. For showering & other necessities he can request the use of one of your bathrooms - but none of his clutter allowed in either one, and no lingering.

Least - Thank goodness Nikko's feeling better - hope it stays that way.