Notices

Whiners Anonymous Pt 54

Old 03-20-2011, 09:23 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Ann - any improvement in Bubba's attitude? Ah well, there may be a new spring wardrobe in it for you.

Hydro - I shoulda known that about the Palmetto Bug. Decades later it still creeps me out.

Least - I'm one of those who have "back" to be taken to. Thank you for that! Reminds me I need to buy another copy of "Rubber Soul" - still have the LP & it's in pathetic shape - covered with scratches & candlewax.

SPRING - A time when Whiners Weather Whines lie dormant for a brief period. That special time in between Snow/Sleet and Heat/Humidity. (Aussies are in Fall now?)
Old 03-20-2011, 11:30 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Che, buy DECAFF tea.....there are the same varieties as black tea without the caffiene, then you can drink as much as you like.

i am a big herbal tea drinker as i do not allow my body to have caffiene after noontime..i love the soothing and relaxing varieties from Tekane..
Old 03-20-2011, 12:14 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

HB, I'm glad you are in the Spring Happy Dance mode.

Bubba is mellowing, I've stopped paying much attention...funny how when I stop paying attention he stops acting out? He goes back to work tomorrow...good thing, too, so he can pay for the grumpy pants attitude.

I have an important wedding in May, so the shopping spree will work out just fine.

I am siding with Suki on the whine today, the eagle nest camera is down today and I neeeed to see my baby eaglets NOW!!
Old 03-20-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am bored enough to walk the dogs for the third time... And it's such a nice day outside...
Old 03-20-2011, 01:57 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

my thanks button is burping???

well the sun is shining, and the temps are low 50s for now.

I did not need groceries this week...so HOW did I spend $165.00????? cat food and flower bulbs? a little asperagus and Ben & Jerry was on sale at Stop and Shop...I stockpile B&J in the freezer as if a famine was coming! (and me going hungry a little would be a good thing).

i will follow Hbeee back to the grats. thread. I gotta go unload my rocks from the car...i found a bunch of good ones unexpectedly....the garden wall is calling.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:59 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

The summer class schedule at the local college I've been meeting with was finally published.

The first [required] and most important class, Medical Terminology, is being offered as ONLINE ONLY.

I LOATHE online classes...I need the interaction and visualization, esp with a class this important.

And I'm pretty confident that it's online only because there isn't a professor who wants to spend their summer in a classroom.

Word has it that former students complained that this class was really tough to do online...my sis agrees (who is an RN with an MBA and took this class as an undergrad).

Why must all my one step forwards be met with two-steps back???!??

Is there a Wallowing in Self-Pity thread on SR?

I'm beyond whining.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

you can also get a cheaters book really easy(Stedmans is also a program you can buy and download).....medical terminology should be fairly simple memorizing if it is just in fact a course on that????

IDK, but i've been hearing it day in and day out for so long.....even though i don't do clinical anymore, i've typed enough of it to learn by repetition....my knowledge is limited to cardiology and surgical terminology only. I am lost if it comes to any other sub-specialties.

there is probably a lot more to the course than i am thinking, (so don't yell at me if i am over-simplifying)...can you just do it like Rosetta Stone?
Old 03-20-2011, 05:50 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

The eagle cam was down all day!!!
Old 03-20-2011, 06:03 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

spring!!!

i had to break out the old long johns today!

yes, with the flap in the back queeny

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! fands in whine'n about it too

Che, do they make caffeine-free tea?

i'm sure are resident Betty Furness knows,

how about it fands?

hug, i have a few ties too

HB, is there any web-cam classes online?

and HB, maybe start the thread!

who knows, it may blow W.A. off the server
Old 03-20-2011, 06:04 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

MM
newby - Find out when Frat boy sleeps. Get yourself one of those
big honkin' airhorns and blow it nonstop at the nearest common wall for about two minutes. That just might do the trick. .... or make/ find a tape of dog's with nonstop barking. Make it a loooonngg tape. Hit play as you leave to go shopping. Be sure volume is really loud. or....call the police as a "concerned"
neighbor. Report concern for somebody getting hurt at Frat boy's place (note do not report noise) just possible injury.
Ahhh yes, the 'ol shoe on the other foot routine.

HG
Mr. HG's job is to deal with the bugs, roaches, wolf spiders, whatever....
This brings to mind summer time learning. I have juniper in my side garden and wolf spiders LOVE it. We take rolly poly bugs and put them in the opening of the spider nests and watch them come out for lunch. It's soooo cool! Kind of like watching a snake eat a rat. I swear some of them know we're watching.

HB
I gotta get my buttski over to the grat thread.
Is that the only part of you that's Polish? Not that it matters, just curious

Hugger
You'd be grumpy too if you were about to shed your skin!!!
I don't get grumpy when I shed my skin. That just means I had a good day at the beach but didn't use enough sun screen. It also means SUMMER!

Ann I'm working on a way to implement your payment schedule into my home life!!

Hev
still have the LP
I'll never forget when my kids asked me what the big black round things in the cabinet are! My oldest daughter told my younger daughter you know mom and her computers. I think they're some kind of old computer discs. LOL!!!

My whine: My work on me Saturdays take so much out of me. I know I need them but I always feel behind in the world when Sunday night rolls around. And then there's Monday....

Well now that I'm all caught up.... I need to make my bedtime grats.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I have no whines tonight...it was a very good weekend, I made the most of it, feel pretty good...i am just hoping my stupid sleep pattern gets in sync.

every night it is the same thing...I fall asleep immediately after settling in...only to wake up EXACTLY 44-45 mins. later from a vicious nightmare...i have checked the time on several nights and it's always the same pattern???? WTF????

last night i dreamed my daughter was 3 years old again and scared of the dark, i let her sleep in my bed and she took up all the space (on a queen size bed)....she was a big kid,(who is now 30) and for some reason I had to carry her across the street in yellow sleepers....then she turned into my BFF who lives across the street??? they had the same color hair???

i think my brain needs to be re-programmed.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:22 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm tired enough to go to bed right now but if I go to sleep too early I'll just wake up too early next morning.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:22 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Che

Che, do they make caffeine-free tea?
There are maybe one or two brands, and of course there's herbal teas (most of which are camomile lol..). However, I've got about 30 different teas and I need my variety Right now my solution is to have a cup of black tea, and then if I have other tea it has to be either white or green (which both have less caffeine).

I tried substituting some of my tea with some cider power thing which is super sugary, but then part of my gums swelled up and I am blaming the abnormal sugar intake... Curses! There is no winning :P
Old 03-20-2011, 09:39 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
cmc

Originally Posted by Che View Post
My body seems to think it's in great peril all the time, and so it stresses and has an unnecessarily high heart rate. Sometimes to relax I drink some tea, because I like tea and the warm water it dilutes. But of course tea has caffeine, so more than a little just makes things worse. Can I moderate my tea drinking?! I don't know! It's hard to just stop at one cup of tea! At least it doesn't destroy my mind and liver... My body is so pathetic it can't even handle three cups of tea... That's less than one cup of coffee in terms of caffeine. Maybe it is a placebo effect.

Che....my favorite caffeinated tea is Earl Grey...the decaf version of it is a mere shadow of the real thing; but I find that the more milk I add to my tea the less problems I have with the negative effects from the caffeine.

Che's *Tea-totalling (*pun intended )Caffeine Blues-Whine-ku

Che's got tea troubles
just one cup is not enough
and three's too many
Old 03-21-2011, 12:26 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

for all the suggestions for dealing w/frat boy, but that is what I am trying to avoid an all out war. Once I start down that road of being I'll show you, God only knows where either one of us will take it?

I guess I had just better keep on praying and I know one of these days there will be a confrontation

Last edited by newby1961; 03-21-2011 at 12:27 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-21-2011, 02:39 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

ah-ha che

Mrs C to the rescue!

unless your lactose intolerant

great tea whine-ku Mrs C

newb,

i still say, hire the Old Ricky Ricardo Orchestra,

cranking out Babba-Lu at 2AM
Old 03-21-2011, 04:27 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

rainy and cold monday....i need more coffee! back later, off to work.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:32 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Newby, can you speak directly to frat boy? Maybe he's blissfully unaware of his noise making.

No whines this morning... yet... other than being almost out of gasoline and having no money to get more.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:49 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

i was just out walking the dog...it is now SNOWING and sleet.....my thoughts would be censored.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:07 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

Happy Monday early birds! Just watched weather..... 60 for today's high. :bounce YAY! The sun is up and out, going to be a fine Monday. Yes indeed. A fine Monday.

Whine on my shlittle whiners............