Notices

Class of December 2010 Part 3

Old 01-21-2011, 12:18 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Poor Soph! Kind of a funny analogy tho.

Glad to see everyone doing well........I'll get there I swear.

Hugs to all.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:12 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations bettterlife4me

Hope you didn't damage yourself too much Soph

Good to see you here VC

Happy weekend everyone!

D
Old 01-21-2011, 03:38 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Am better although was so depressed today! Hopefully waking up sober tomorrow will put me in a great mood. I also really need a meeting. I think tomorrow is the day!

Going to go out to dinner tonight to a really good Indian restaurant with my son. They don't serve alcohol so it isn't even slightly a temptation. Looking forward to some good food and getting out of the house. Cabin fever!!

Hugs to all, hope your Friday goes great!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 03:48 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

I love indian food - have a great time Soph

D
Old 01-21-2011, 04:08 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

What is Indian food like? Or do I need to move this to the food thread I started? Kidding Dee.......hard joke.

Seriously.....what is it like? Can it be gluten free?
Old 01-21-2011, 05:28 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

33 days today, and I got some really good news. I got a JOB

$25/hour, 14 days on, 7 days off. 10 hour days
Plus $385 travel allowance to get to and from Calgary. Travel will cost me ~$250 return airfare.

I'm really nervous, I had to go give a pre-employment urine sample this afternoon, which I wasn't too worried about. I'm leaving in about 12 hours, flying out to Alberta to spend the weekend at my sisters. Then on Monday I have to go complete a training course, then Tuesday I take the company plane up to the job site.

Everything happens so quick. I got a phone call this morning at 9am saying I had the job, and by 1:30 I was giving urine, and now I'm all packed up with flights booked and I'm ready to go. Wish me luck
Old 01-21-2011, 05:28 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

BL4ME Congrats!!!!!

Originally Posted by Maryjan View Post
Being sober means changing a lot of your life...I am ready.
It certainly does and I hope I am ready too. That is one part of all of this that is scary to me, all of the upcoming situations in which a new approach needs to be applied. I'll go each day each situation.

Originally Posted by Soph View Post
Am better although was so depressed today! Hopefully waking up sober tomorrow will put me in a great mood. I also really need a meeting. I think tomorrow is the day!
Waking up feeling clearheaded...just can't be beat. Savor the thought!

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
What is Indian food like? Or do I need to move this to the food thread I started? Kidding Dee.......hard joke.

Seriously.....what is it like? Can it be gluten free?
Indian...oooh. Love it. Rich, aromatic, sometimes hot/spicy...if you ever tried Chai tea, you'll get the sense of the complex flavors in Indian food. I love cooking it, really I just do two dishes: Palak Paneer (a spinach cheese dish)and butter chicken (a creamy tomato sauce w chicken). On the gluten part, gosh I just don't know.

Another long day, actually had to have some "personnel issues" discussions with some staff today. I sure don't like to see anyone feel upset, and I definitely don't like to be the cause of it!
Old 01-21-2011, 05:37 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by northland View Post
33 days today, and I got some really good news. I got a JOB

You did it!!! Hoorah!!!!!!!! 33 days of sobriety, of staying true to yourself, of starting a new chapter in your life, congrats!!!!

Wait a minute...and ya landed new job too? This is over the top. Good luck!
Old 01-21-2011, 05:42 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

wow - awesome news Northland - congratulations!

Originally Posted by vicious cycle
do I need to move this to the food thread I started?
We can take a vote.

D
Old 01-21-2011, 06:31 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Whoa! I say, Northland, this is the power I keep hearing about sobriety!! I have heard in meetings people say "wait for the miracles" and they just come! Look at you!! Goodness gracious great balls of fire! How superb!!

Indian food can definitely be spicy or non spicy- I had chicken vindaloo medium spicy, with aromatic jasmine rice. My son had vegetarian lentil soup + we split garlic naan. I had seltzer water. VC do you have gluten intolerance?

Grandf, sorry about your tough day at work. I am sure you will be exercising a lot this weekend to sweat off the stress!

I had cravings around dinner time, not going to lie, but I powered through and ate more than usual and am past the worst.

North I really am so happy for you. Well done. And..Best of Luck!! You can do it!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:16 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

WTG north!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

North, awesome!! It is happening fast...but we will be going with you...can't wait to hear all about it.

MG, sounds like a really rough day. Chocolate for you!

VC, glad you're here.

Soph, this is a perfect example of how to stay wonder...plan a great night with no alcohol available. Nice job.

I had a great night out...so happy to be sober and warm tonight. I'm trying really hard to not try to control everything...it's supposed to be "giving up," and I have no idea how to do this. My thoughts...mostly anxious, worried, or criticizing how I have handled or will hand things, are so ever-present. Really wears me out. I wish I knew how to shut them up and enjoy what's around me. Wine used to work...what now? My sponsor says to practice ...to just try to be in the moment. I don't know how to do it.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:19 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Soph, I typed "stay sober"!!
Old 01-22-2011, 12:12 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

thanks for the love ya'll

I just laid in bed for over 2 hours, couldn't get my mind to shut off LOL. I usually have no problem falling asleep within 5 or 10 minutes, but tonight there's just too much going on in my mind. I have to be at the airport in 5 hours, I don't even know if I'll sleep tonight. Oh well, lots of coffee in the morning!
Old 01-22-2011, 04:34 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good morning class!

North - that is GREAT news! Congrats!

Finally going to get out of this dang house today. Been holed up because of the icy roads and have some major cabin fever.

Going with a GF tonight to a fancy restaurant tonight for a good steak. Probably shouldn't splurge so much, but figure I'll treat myself since I'm not spending $$ on booze. The question of the day - can I enjoy a steak without my beloved red wine? Guess I'll find out

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-22-2011, 08:32 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
natasha b

happy saturday everyone....i might be going to dinner and walking around the French Quarter tonight for a friends(who doesn't drink)birthday...i am excited as i haven't been to NO since '92(i know, my age is showing)...i'm glad i'm pregnant since i'm going to the home of excess and debauchery...but i won't be pregnant forever, it just feels like it...ok, and before all the congrats, my husband and i are giving the baby up due to us just losing our 3 kids...but that's for another time...
i hope everyone has a great weekend, do something nice for yourself and another....
love,
natasha♥♥♥♥
Old 01-22-2011, 08:43 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

WTG North! You needed some good news. The tone of your post is even more upbeat! Kudos.

I have had Chai Tea and love it GrandF. And yes Soph, I was diagnosed as a Celiac a couple years ago. It was a very tough thing.....I could care less about cookies and cake and such, but give me a big hunk of warm bread with a slab of butter.......sigh. I have found a way around most things.....but gluten free bread can second as a doorstop. Oh wait, here I am talking about food again and the vote hasn't taken place yet. Hee hee.

Hey MJ, do you exercise? That can be quite calming......

Sounds like a difficult situation Natasha......hugs.

You can do it tonight, Better. You have over 50 days now! Keep thinking of that number and what it took to get you there.

Hi to Nota, BF and everyone else.....and woo hoo again North!
Old 01-22-2011, 09:48 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I havnt been on here as much lately being that works been super busy and by the time I get home I just want to eat dinner and pass out. I can start to tell tho that when not on here posting and reading stuff I dont seem as connected to my sobriety if that makes sense. I have to remember that I have to work at staying sober or else I will probably relapse eventually like I did in the past. Since I woke up this morning Ive been in a bad mood, little depressed and really pissed and getting irritated for really no reason at all. Its times like this where its like I freak out bc I dont know how to handle it, the only way I know how to is to numb the feelings with drinks and/or some drugs which is no longer an option. I seem to be feeling sorry for myself too these past couple days staying home while my old drinking friends have been going out getting wasted. As of yesterday Im finally off probation, I was on it for 3yrs for a DUI so I am happy to be done with that. Guess I'm kinda havin an off day to sum it up.. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:04 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Natasha - Glad you're here.

BF - I know those very very irritating moments can blind side you....they come out of nowhere. You don't have to be concerned with probation now, so that's good, right? Keep checking in and posting when you can.

Found an all women's meeting today about 2 miles from my house. Met a great group of women this morning and got my 1 month chip. I have it in my pocket right now.

Looks like I won't be eating steak tonight after all. The restaurant we were going to is completely full for tonight, so we'll try again next Sat night with a reservation Maybe tonight will be Mexican, haven't had that in a while.

Have a good afternoon everybody
Old 01-22-2011, 12:49 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi all, glad you are doing well this Saturday! All good here.