Nature Girl

Whiners Anonymous...Part 46

Continues from Part 45...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2745916

Let the whining continue

Old 10-24-2010, 03:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

First in line to whine! I feel privileged indeed!!
Old 10-24-2010, 03:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Just a little WA literature for the Newcomers (thanks cmc, keeper of the literature).

WA Preamble

WA promotes kindness, empathy for fellow sufferers and builds bonds of friendship.
Many of us who were formerly ambivalent, mean or callous towards others have grown to appreciate and care about the problems of others, thus taking the focus off ourselves. This is how we learn to let go of our own problems as we share in the misfortunes of fellow WA members we find greater meaning in our own whining. (page 62 Whiner's Anonymous; How It Works. Approved by World Service W.A. Conference Groups)

W.A. Disclaimer
The WAH! 12 Step Program:

1. Admit you whine.

Just say, "I am a whiner."

2. Admit your whining is a problem.

It's not enough to know you whine--you have to realize it interferes with your life. Tell yourself, your spouse, and a friend that you have a problem with whining, that all you have ever done is whine. But don't whine to God! He already knows, all too well. God just sat back while you whined away the years. It's not His fault, after all, so don't go whining to Him with your problem.

3. Seek help to cure your whining.

Whining is but one of your many shortcomings, since you are a miserable excuse for a human being. Another shortcoming is you can't do anything for yourself, otherwise you would not whine. Go whine to somebody to help you--that's all you know how to do, remember?

4. Laugh at your whine.

Made a decision to turn your constant whining over to your sense of humor and learn to "lovingly and wholeheartedly" laugh at yourself each time you whine. Be prepared to be given the nickname "Loony Tunes," however.

5. Step out of your shoes.

Put your whine in perspective. There's a woman in Africa living in a mud hut with a grass roof and NO indoor plumbing. She lives off of $27 a year. She is totally blind and collects sticks for firewood, hoping the next stick isn't a snake. Now, what was your whine again?

6. Eat something nasty.

Eat some vegetable you hate without whining about the taste. And don't hold your nose or cover it with cheese!

7. Listen to other whiners.

Get a part job in a complaint department and listen to other peoples' whines 8 hours a day. But don't complain about your job! If you do, go back to step 3. Go a whole week listening to your wife/husband complain and just say "yes dear." If you can't, go back to step 2. Have kids and listen to them whine--that's how you sound to others. Pay back time! What goes around, comes around!

8. Make a victim list.

Make of list of all persons you thought you had harmed and hope to hell that they'd forgotten all the minuscule crap you'd blown out of proportion. Ask them if you ever whined, and then be prepared to take the return whine.

9. Beat the crap out of your parents.

After all, they raised a whiner. Yes, you started early, but it is not your fault!

10. Beware of falling off the wagon.

Resign yourself to the fact you are going to whine each time you try to stick to your guns when you know you are right. Once a whiner, always a whiner, they say. So either just admit your are wrong or go back to step 1. Cripes, you mean you really want to go back to step 1 after getting to step 10?

11. Whine to your dog.

They love you no matter how much you whine. It's called unconditional love. Unless of course they sense your foul mood. Disguise your whine by mixing the words "good dog" in every sentence. They only know so many words--those two they know. Otherwise, your dog would hate you like all the people you know.

12. Help others.

Help some other whiney-assed ******* with his whine problem. You get to whine about their whining. It's great.

so have at it!

whine, snivle, rant, bitch, and rave away!!!

"W.A. Disclaimer"... just be prepared for the feedback!
Old 10-24-2010, 05:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Never fails to make me laugh - love it. We are so special.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

queeny
if you just let them melt in your mouth and don't chew them.
what!!!

awe come'on!

i'm an alcoholic remember!!!

toron,

next time you leave the car for the night,

put out the NO VACANCY sign
Old 10-24-2010, 06:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Isis has the sh!ts. Otherwise she's acting normal. I'll be up with worry until I eventually get to sleep.

I need to stop feeding her people meat scraps. I mean, I'm not feeding her human meat. Just cows and chickens.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The scraps could well be the cause, Bam, dogs and human food often don't get along.

This weekend went wayyyy too fast...I'm not done.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
To Life!

Fandy,
There was no special tricks to the weight loss. It has taken a year and a half to loose the weight. I went to a dietician. I learned good eating habbits....for the most part. hehehe!

The last 5 pounds I lose took me two months. I didn't even know it. The doc's scale told me I lost it. It still counts!

Hevyn,
It was not isagenix at all. I got that, and started it, but, slipped on the second day. (The day of Trevor's trial.)
But, since I've not had a cigarette for 11 days now, I'm figuring it's ok. One thing at a time. I will deal with the cleanse after.

As for the quit, I did go to an acupuncturist for a few months. I felt great each time I left, but, went right back to smoking, none the less. This time, since I started the cleanse, I put on a patch. I wore it for a few days, then, I forgot to put another on. That's been for about 3 days now. I guess I'm quit!

I am certain that the acupuncturist helped with this quit. I've worn the patch before, and would just tear off the patch and smoke, in the past. Now, I don't feel the need. I feel pretty good. Thank goodness!
I'm glad it's over with once more.

You all like nibs?
I *love* Good and Plentys! Yummmm!

Gotta be careful with it thought....
you *know* what black licorich can do to you.... Eeeek!

Going to be early tonight. Gotta make some appointments tomorrow,
and then, PT followed by my chiropractor. Ouch!

Carry on, whiners!
Shalom!
Old 10-24-2010, 06:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I love Good 'n Plenty, Teach, and licorice is so much tastier than prunes for what ails ya...if you catch my drift.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good night or good morning. I'm going to bed whiners.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
part time member

My cookie monster son found the Halloween candy and said that he would hid it so that it didn't get eaten. He was referring to ME! I heard him in it today and it's almost gone! What to do for the trick or treaters? Probably buy more..and I will hide it THIS TIME!

I should know better...he is almost 24 I thought he could control himself! I knew I couldn't!
Old 10-25-2010, 03:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

weekend,

what weekend?

maybe in my next life,

i can come back as a calendar,

just hang on the wall!
Old 10-25-2010, 03:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

C'mon...you love being busy Zip...makes a change from what we used to do LOL

D
Old 10-25-2010, 03:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Isis is her normal, crazy self. I hope that means she's okay.

And are you all talking about getting the runs from licorice and prunes? Or am I confused?
Old 10-25-2010, 04:21 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

bam..saw you had posted so had to stop in...

good to see you
Old 10-25-2010, 04:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

How are you, ananda?
Old 10-25-2010, 04:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Yeah Bam, licorice and prunes - eek!

Woke up a bit late out of a really weird dream and with a headache. I wish my dreams would quit giving me wake-up-headaches.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:37 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Good Morning Whiners!!

Who invented Mondays...and what WERE they thinking?
Old 10-25-2010, 05:49 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Can't shake that weird-dream-headachey feeling... Like I'm not quite awake yet...
Old 10-25-2010, 06:03 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

If each day is a gift, where do I return Mondays? And I don't even have a real job!

Drizzle and raw although it's supposed warm up. So walking today will be warm and soggy. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

RZ, I always knew you wanted to be a pin-up. You'd look great in a calendar on a garage wall. lol.

Halloween candy...will not buy until October 30...will have in time for trick-or-treaters, will not be tempted to nibble weeks beforehand and most of all, will be ON SALE!

Originally Posted by Bam
I need to stop feeding her people meat scraps. I mean, I'm not feeding her human meat. Just cows and chickens.
LOL! All this talk of kitty and licorice runs reminded me of how pumpkins really make pumpkin pie: