Notices

Whiners Anonymous...Part 46

Old 10-26-2010, 04:20 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It is only suitable that Queeny has Imperial gallons.

The exchange rate has been good for we Canadians heading south for the winter. I opened a US account and put a fair bundle in there when we were almost at par a few weeks ago. Once in there, it doesn't matter what happens because I now have US dollars that will be spent in the US, so exchange after the fact is a moot point. Queeny is on her royal toes

And don't worry, I am taking my computer south too, so will be whining daily as always...just not about snow.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:07 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks for the steel-toed bunny slippers offer, Queeny.

Nobody was mean on the campaign trail; some were just dumb.

"What election?"

"When is election day?"

"Who is this candidate?" - This wouldn't have been such a dumb question except that the candidate I'm campaigning for has already served two terms (4 years) in this person's town.

Ann, rest assured...when you share your warm southern weather reports while the boogers dripping from our noses are turning to icicles outside, there'll be a lots o' whinin' goin' on!

One mention of flip flops in January and that's it! LOL
Old 10-26-2010, 06:10 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

^^
Old 10-26-2010, 06:18 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'm not sure I'd want her driving me around

we'll let it slide fands,

as hey, Whiners are grateful

were back at the $3+ here fands

yeah, and HB, the wines about mr snow plow man running into KB's roadster
Old 10-26-2010, 06:27 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Fandy, I'm not sure if we used to talk in US gallons or not, but we don't even mention them at the pump (petrol station) anymore; they go by litres. So lately it is around $1.10 or so per litre for the regular stuff. We just multiply by 4 to speak in American terms. I think we hit par on the dollar or really close to it this month. It's been a while since there was much difference. I remember the "50-cent dollars" a little less than 10 years ago though.

Then when I want to think of how much something costs in England, when I am watching Coronation Street, for example, I multiply by 2 (not sure if that's still right).
Old 10-26-2010, 06:40 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Not a respectable whine for two days. Makes me wonder what's around the corner.....
Old 10-26-2010, 07:13 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I woke up way too early this morning so good night/good morning whiners, I'm going to bed.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:13 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
cmc

Whiners! I've missed you all.

I'm just starting to feel better...sheesh. At least I'm not coughing all the live long day and all the live long night anymore.

My whine is long overdue, so here goes:

[WHINE] Whew, I haven't been this sick with a cold in a looonnnng time, but I must say that this experience has greatly enhanced my whining. I'm still not sleeping well and I get tired easily, so it's been difficult to catch up on all the stuff that didn't get done while I was out of commision.

My flower bushes are toppling over because I didn't get outside to prune them in time; two of my favorites cracked at the base of their trunks & the squirrels have left a gozillion mushy half eaten avocados under the tree. My ENT doc says that I need to allergy-proof the house, including covering the mattresses and box springs with allergen/dustmite proof covers.

I'm too tired to even begin to think about getting ready for the holidays and wish I had my own personal elf to just make all the holiday fun happen in an instant (poof!)without any stress or $cost.

That's all for now, folks. [/WHINE]

It's good to be back to WA because:Whiners are Winners

OT: Those annoying tweets are gone! Yippie-kye-eye-eye-Aye!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 03:23 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hev
Not a respectable whine for two days.
Drat!

stick around kids,

were sure Hev will Whine one out soon
Old 10-27-2010, 03:44 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I don't want to go to work.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:48 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

CMC :ghug3

Have you had a pneumonia vaccine? I never heard of this, even when I was sick in the hospital with pneumonia a couple of years ago (you'd think that might be the time to let a gal know that it could be prevented?), and just got my first one last year, but it's good for 5-10 years, depending on the vaccine, and I think everyone should get one. Why wouldn't we?

I'm not saying that's what you had, just saying it's a good protective measure.

'Morning Whiners, I didn't sleep well at all...nasty leg cramps...so I am cranky this morning and heading to work. It might be wise not to cut me off in traffic.!

Oh, pffffffft, what am I saying? There is no traffic here and my work is 5 minutes from my house

Coffee anyone?
Old 10-27-2010, 06:03 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Had to untangle another sticky silicone gel-pad from my hair this morning. Waaaaaah.

I wear them overnight to diminish the scars left from surgery.

However, if I sweat, they lose their stickiness (I musta had one h3ll of a sweaty dream last night. LOL).

The product I use is not Mederma; Mederma is just expensive vaseline whose primary ingredient is onion extract.

I prefer onions on my burger, not my face, thank you.

The gel pads I use contain 90% silicone and 10% Vitamin E.

ehow.com even states that Mederma ingredients have not been proven to be any better than a common aloe moisturizer.

I'm assuming fellow whiners were just begging for a lesson in scar-care treatment today? LOL

Rain today; am considering a break from the campaign trail; postcards turn soggy if left in doors without an overhang...ick.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:38 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

i would think a really good rec. from the plastics guy would be your best bet?

i have giant whines....i spent 4 hours resetting my wireless router to which the password was LOST...then i have set up my new fake I-pad, pandigital e-reader and web surfer...it is very cool, i am too tired to read anything!...it is light and the size of a large paperback, only 7 inches and full color.

i haven't yet logged to SR from it ...i have to get comfortable with the virtual keyboard and stylus.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:20 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

HB and Fandy, thanks to you it's not Whineless Wednesday but the whining is sparse indeed.

I have a stinky whine today...a skunk let off somewhere very close to here and it's hanging in the air. Now Queeny likes to open up when she gets home from work, to let the fresh air in while it is still warm enough to tolerate, so I opened the patio doors and rushed to prepare dinner and change my clothes and then sniffed, thinking "what IS that smell?"

Peeeeeyuuuuuu, stinking skunkies should have hinernated by now.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:31 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

What a day. I'm ready for the weekend. People are irritating...but in a funny way. It's a wonder things ever get done on this planet considering the sorts of foibles and baggage everyone has.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:20 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Ck is going to be mad at me and I can't help it. She wants me to go to a performance she'll be in two weeks from now but it's in the evening, almost two hours away and I don't do well on highways and do not drive at night. Can't yet find a ride and will probably have to tell her I can't come and she'll be disappointed cause she wants me to come see it.

Am still trying to find a ride but it's not likely so will have to disappoint her. Feel like poop about it but can't be helped. Just feel badly that I'm not capable of driving safely at night anymore, not to mention fear of highway driving...

Sh!t...

Addendum: Just had a brilliant idea - ask at our church! A lot of them are interested in ck's schooling and might want to go to see her. Will do so this Sunday...

Last edited by least; 10-27-2010 at 04:30 PM. Reason: sudden thought
Old 10-27-2010, 04:41 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

It's really exasperating when I spend 15+ minutes (actually sometimes longer) on a post in reply to somebody and then find out the thread has been closed. What a waste. It gets me somewhat b-worded and wonder why the f-worded I bother sometimes.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:06 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

from all the mod staff - sorry about that Toronto LOL

D
Old 10-27-2010, 05:09 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by least View Post
Addendum: Just had a brilliant idea - ask at our church! A lot of them are interested in ck's schooling and might want to go to see her. Will do so this Sunday...
Funny how church is a place with solutions, least.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:37 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Ann, pneumonia shots are only given to the elderly....(i think)....you should be flattered.

my mother gets them once every 5? years.

I am EXHAUSTED...but successful...I can surf the web (but can't log onto SR it keeps spitting at me) from the multi-media entertainment pad....I successfully set up my Barnes&Noble account, purchased and downloaded a book....I can also do movies, it is big enough and has a 6 hour battery.

I am waiting for HBee to come and pat me on the head....

I also successfully locked Mr. Fandy out of any chance he can steal my services from the router....AND I was able to retrieve my locked up email address from Mr. *****....so i have all of my previous stuff.

Sammy thinks I am a nut-case...i was screaming, cursing and dancing around the house, running from front room office/cat play room to the kitchen....I am too angry to be depressed....i am going to kick Mr. Fandy's tushy so hard it comes up his throat for the stupidity of the password he chose.

I wrote all of my new passwords down on paper and taped them inside the linen closet!
and here is the best WHINE....it is so flipping hot and sticky outside, my indoor temps were 75 degrees...i cannot sweat all night...i had to turn the AC back on.

this is the kind of weather that draws fleas....the grass is tall. it will be very warm tomorrow too...i wish it would just rain, storm and get it over with.