Notices

August Sobriety 2009 Part 10

Old 08-12-2010, 06:14 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've never been to rehab or worked where you work
but I'm guessing it might be better to let them know than not to, TB?

D
Old 08-12-2010, 06:33 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

TB, you need to let your employeer know, the sooner the better. If you do you might have a job when you get out, if you don't you probably won't have a job.

Happy B-day ANEW. My birthday is tomorrow, Friday the 13th! (This is not a shameless plug for birthday wishes, when you get to be my age you try to ignore them). I did take the day off from work though, and I have a tennis match scheduled so I should have some fun.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:37 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Yeah, it's just a little late now Dee. I've kinda not been at work for 4 hours now. Although, I'm guessing they've noticed...

Maybe it was a good thing for me to do, so I'll have somewhere else to focus all my worries. 'Cause truth is, I don't think it's the worst thing in the long term.

Ironically, I just got a check from the place I was in county jail. They mailed me my pocket money. Haha. California still has not mailed me my money (they've been owing me... I'd given up on actually getting it by the time I left) although they did helpfully mail me a letter saying they will mail me my money.

It's kind of freeing, not knowing what's coming next. And I suppose due to the nature of rehab, my little problem will be public but... forgiveable? I don't know. I hope so. 'Cause otherwise it seems like not such a good idea. Six months without a job, with legal issues pending (which otherwise might have been avoided--money was all they wanted, but I couldn't pay them off so now I'm going to lose my license and possibly my freedom behind all this).

Ah, heck, it sounds horrible, like I'm signing up for jail--but, realistically, I'm not able to make it in life anyways, so... might as well.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:40 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

I'll call them tomorrow and say I was sick. In a way... I am.

And if I were to be righteously sick, wouldn't be nobody to call for me anyways. Oh boy I'm lonely.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZEBRA!

Hey... lots of Augustties seem to be born in August... is this a mere coincidence?
Old 08-12-2010, 06:45 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy there today birthday anew and happy here today birthday Zebra

D
Old 08-12-2010, 06:48 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Zebra!!!

TB-I agree with Zebra and Dee, let your employer know ASAP. Not only because it would be good to be noted on your employment record, but, because they need to schedule work. In order to schedule workers, they need to know who will be there, so the sooner they know, the better.

There is a good reason why this opportunity is happening right now for you....
Old 08-13-2010, 03:10 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Even a temp agency, ANew?

Aw, heck, y'all, I'm nervous.

I got enough for one more night here and I'm tempted to spend it. And yet that'd maybe deny me rehabilitation.

Oh I don't know.

ps. i should be asleep by now...although, i suppose, what does it matter if i'm headed to rehab?
Old 08-13-2010, 03:55 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

((TJ)) if you're still reading.

I made it through 21 years of drinking without any injury. Jail a couple times, but no bruises (yeah, it's funny what we consider a bad thing)... and tonight/this morning/whatever it's called... I knocked myself upside the head and I'm pretty sure it's gonna leave me a bruise. Dumbbubba, I drove my head right into the chair too...

Only reason I'm posting this is to point it out to me. Although, if anybody feels like learning from this, feel free. I think the point here is... you may think you get away with something. But are you sure?

ps. actually, i'm getting kind of worried. i have a headache from said contact with chair. and it's not like i'm unfamiliar with brutal contact with inanimate objects. just my luck... i get something major from a silly thing right before i go to rehab. ha.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:03 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't spend it TB.

D
Old 08-13-2010, 04:40 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Spend?

I'm just trying to hold on to my last moments of freedom I suppose... already thinking of how to stretch them out.

Badbubba. But on the plus side, apparently I got my daddy's hustler genes in me. He'd be proud to know that.... if he still considered me his daughter.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:10 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

WOW, I missed a lot since yesterday. First off, happy birthday Zebra! Have fun at your tennis match.

Bubba- best of luck. I agree with everyone, let your employer know what is going on. It isn't fair to them to be left in limbo. Especially since they were kind enough to give you a job. You at least owe them the courtesy of a phone call. As an employer myself, I would really appreciate the call.

Did you all know that Anew is a modern angel? I never received my six month chip from AA, I guess no one from the group caught it, and I didn't tell anyone. So good ol' Anew mailed me hers! What an amazing surprise, and a true example of a caring, loving person! I didn't ask her to, she just did it. It is people like Anew that make this world a wonderful place! Hugs from the bottom of my heart. We are all blessed to have a person like this in our group.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:12 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

TB- I think once you are thru rehab, you may find the true freedom you have been looking for.

Alcohol takes hostages....we are prisoners to that poison.

I cannot imagine how scared you are...but, hang tight, have faith. You have lived thru some hellish times. You can do this.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:10 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Donor dies after live liver transplant at CU Hospital - KDVR

This story is about an orthodontist from our small town of 20,000 people. If you have 8 minutes and feel like a good cry today, watch it. My wife is in a bible study with his wife. Just so sad.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:40 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

i don't have 8 minutes. i'm supposed to be already there. good thing i'm not a local, i'm not real sure how to get there anyways.

oh eek bubba can't do anything right.

i'd blame it on the shackles of this here whiskey... but is that even a valid excuse? not sure.

it's the real one, though, that's true. it's got me weak and condemned and unable to move stuff to my car 'cause i can't be bothered... hardly 'cause it weighs to much or anything logical.

stupid bottle. :P
Old 08-13-2010, 11:08 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

I'm seriously lagging in my attempt to "move"...

funny thing, I realized... it has way too much to do with me being unwilling to waste hamburger.

My whole life ahead of me... and I don't wanna waste food (although I dont' seem to mind the fact that checkout time was 2 hours ago, not to mention 3 hours ago I said I'd be in rehab).

Well... if rehab won't take me... somewhere's gotta right?

Anyways, this is TB signing off... I'll write in my posts for a while, I'm sure y'all understand why lol .

Hamburger. $2.08.

I make no sense.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:56 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Doesn't make a lot of sense, you are right. But this disease is cunning, baffling, and powerful. Call a cab, and get to re-hab. Hey, that rhymes! haha. Sounds like you probably shouldn't drive yourself there.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:17 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

TB-we can sabotage ourselves in sooo, sooo many ways. We don't allow good things to happen, we don't walk thru the door that has been opened to us.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Do something different, take the gift that is being offered....

We are all with you, cheering you on, holding your hand, right beside you...and we will be here when you come back.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:21 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Soooo true Brent. But, once more, there is nobody here to help me but myself.

Don't none of y'all forget the people around you If I mean nothing else on earth, I hope I leave that legacy.. I'm a living, highly vocal lol, example of what can happen to those of us abandoned by society...

I'm headed out, got car filled up
Old 08-13-2010, 12:29 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Not sure if you should be driving TB, but I can't stop you. Get your butt there and I don't want to hear from you until you are on your way to recovery! You can do it. Take this GIFT that is being offered to you. God put this in front of you, now make the most of it. Yes, it is going to be hard work but if it was easy, everyone would be sober. Nothing but love and well wishes.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:45 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Funny, Brent, that's the truest thing anybody's ever told me.

I learned to drive under the influence, and because of certain substances that (?) apparently needed to be moved around. What can I say?

Do you know, I wish it hadn't been so...

But it is what it is and oh yes, I'm going along with this whole thing 'cause I actually believe God has His hand in all this... and I believe He wants better for me... maybe not financially, but somethingly.... Else why would He bother to put me here and so on?

Yeah, I know I graduated from a California university and the truth is... my faith in a divine guide is all that keeps me moving along. I am a paradoxbubba.

And yes, now is the time I'll shut up and get over to west Louisville... before I regret all that I just told y'all.