Another 500 posts comin' up...

Last part here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-9-a-20.html

D

Last edited by Dee74; 08-03-2010 at 07:56 PM. Reason: title change
Old 06-26-2010, 08:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

:P Dee, about the sneaking-posting-50-posts.

Hi. I'm sleepy so I'm going to bed. I really just come in here to say that...

or, First?

Don't think I've ever bee first yet. 10 parts in. Yay, my first internet first.

Yeah, I need sleep.

Take care y'all,
TB, still sober even when she's bored
Old 06-27-2010, 01:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

*been.

Ugh, this sub-trip is not going well at all. First the costs, then the tires, then the costs... and now a lovely midwest storm has knocked my tent out of shape. I got it packed up and am in the car... it's 3:50 am and I'm already overtired. I hope this sub-trip gets better... or at least gets no worse. 2 more hours of this according to the weather people.

I hesitate to wonder what else can go wrong, trying to plan for stuff and it's not working at all.

TB, mighty tired. Iowa, mighty violent.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
KC1

TB - hope you are safe and well. I once spent the night in my car during a fierce electrical storm. I was not in a cornfield, but in a school parking lot - it was a Cancer Society Relay for Life Walk. It was not close to home and I joined a team where I did not know the other participants very well. Well, when the storm came up, everyone jumped in their cars. I fell asleep and when I woke up a few hours later, I was the ONLY car in the parking lot, everyone had gone home. I tried to drive but the rain was coming down even harder than when I got in the car and I was scared to drive. So I stayed in the parking lot all night. I hope by now you are on your way.

I have passed my trigger points for today and am relaxing with a Perrier and lime - so maybe the Kudzu is working. I sure hope so.

KC
Old 06-27-2010, 05:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

OK, I'm going to throw a topic out here to liven up this thread. Relationships!

My wife and I have been married for 24 years. Today we had a "conversation" and the word divorce came out of her mouth. I'm not surprised, we've been struggling for a long while. I'm not going to say negative things about her, she is the mother of my children and I once stood in a church and said "I do, till death do us part". I didn't realize at the time that "until death do us part" actually means "until we want to kill each other". It's sad that it's progressed to that but it seems like she blames me for everything. I'm willing to "man up" and take 95% of the blame (although 50% would be more realistic). Tonight, after out "conversation" she made fun of me for going to an AA meeting. I don't need that in my life, and frankly she would benefit from working the 12 steps, resentment is her middle name (especially towards people at work). The issue today was that she got into a nasty arguement with my 19 year old daughter. I kept my mouth shut. Anyway, now I'm in trouble for not supporting her side. This issue is probably going to occupy my postings for awhile. But hey, you guys were tired of me talking about tennis, right?
Old 06-27-2010, 05:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi All...

TB- keep yourself safe, and thanks for checking is with us..still thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.

(((KC)))

Zebra..wow..this is a bit off the topic of tennis.

I can however, identify with your struggle. My husband and I have been married for 26 years. I know realize that for a long time in my marriage, and other relationships, I would drown my feelings rather then confront them. I don't necessarily like confrontation, and suffered for a long time with the dreaded disease of trying to please everyone. My marriage suffered from a lack of true and honest communication. As my drinking progressed, I resented my husband for many things. Of course many of these things weren't things at all, jus things I have rolled over and over in my mind.

I cannot imagine however, her mocking you for attending AA. Perhaps she is scared somewhat at your progress in recovery? Has she attended Al-Anon at all? The step work there is so helpful.

Sorry you are going thru all of this..sobriety doesn't always provide us with the easiest of challenges...
Old 06-27-2010, 06:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

ANEW,

Thanks for the response. No, I have not tried to get her to Al-Alon, I have tried repeatedly to go to marriage counseling but she does not want to. As far as my progesss in recovery, well that is an intersting subject. She is a great person in many ways, but to suggest that she needs "help" won't go far (in my humble opinion, and take it for what it's worth since I'm obviously emotionally involved, she has no "higher power").

I will see where today's events lead to. I would like my marriage and family life to stay intact, but for that to happen I need my wife to change a bit, I can't do all of the work myself. If we do end up getting a divorce I'm going to take the high road. I've learned in the past year that I'm a great guy with a lot to offer the world. It's early, this is probably a long saga.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone! :)

(((Zebra)))...I will pray for strength and wisdom for you and your wife.

It's dark and dreary here today :( YUCK! Not very good weather for a Monday!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and if you see the sun, please tell him to spread his rays to the east! :)

Love,
Old 06-28-2010, 07:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sorry I have beeng one for a few days. I am at my inlaws right now, heading back today. Our daughter is staying here until Thursday. I am stopping on my way home to get my brothers Harley and taking it home. He is setting up a new dental practice and has not time to ride it, so he told me to come and get it. He is such a great, loving brother. I have to brothers, no sisters. My poor Mom. haha. Looking forward to getting home.

TB- Not sure where you are in Iowa, but you are getting close to my neck of the woods. I am in SOuth Dakota, so not far from me. Where are you headed?

Zebra- Sorry about your issues with your wife. Stay close to your sobriety, AA, and God and you will come out the other side in great shape, no matter what the outcome is.

KC- Welcome back.

Hello everyone else, expecially Melissa. You just make this thread smile.

Have a great week everyone.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi y'all, made it safe but sleeeepy. I'd like to apologize to every truck stop/rest stop/ airport I've ever made fun of for the last 15 years (it's been a few). Bus terminals are something else.

I'm now in the Show Me state, all of a sudden (2 hours now) thinking about court. Til now I was preoccupied with the logistics of getting here, and--thanks to a anonymous guy from Chicago THANK YOU--I made it. I didn't know they didn't call out every stop when they announced boarding... This is only my 3rd trip on Greyhound, the other 2 were in the Pacific Northwest, much easier to navigate since there was only one bus lol.

Oddly, B, you may have found the one topic I know less about than tennis... see I was learning stuff off y'all tennis-y discussions... relationships, you got me. I dated fairly normally (I think) as a teenager, as an adult that has been not true at all. Part of it might have been my sudden swerve into "getting a legal job" (my focus from 21 on) which separated me from my peers. I've never really found a new "crowd," been asked out once locally since then, when I was 24. I almost married him, 'cause I figured I was getting old and better marry. Glad I didn't--he got sentenced to a few years for burglary about a month ago. Ironically, it was alcohol that made me leave him--he drank so much he didn't care about getting a job, or spending time with me... Funny in retrospect.

Well, I'm nervous as all get out *now* so... um, I'll type back when I get back from court. I have no phone service, and today's my last day of my phone plan anyways. I'll get a new one when I get back to Louisville.

Take care y'all,
TB
Old 06-28-2010, 09:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

TB-glad you made it there safely...I know you are nervous, how could you not be. But..
don't ask me why, I just have a feeling things will go well for you. Just one of those
gut feelings......(or maybe it was the Wasabi Edamame I just ate).

Bdiddy...enjoy your ride on your brothers Harley.

Melissa...you do make this thread smile, so glad you are back with us.

Hoping everyones Monday is a good one!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Here goes...
Old 06-28-2010, 01:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Bubba! I'm thinking of you and hope you are safe and well....
Old 06-28-2010, 03:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by Zebra1275 View Post
ANEW,

Thanks for the response. No, I have not tried to get her to Al-Alon, I have tried repeatedly to go to marriage counseling but she does not want to. As far as my progesss in recovery, well that is an intersting subject. She is a great person in many ways, but to suggest that she needs "help" won't go far (in my humble opinion, and take it for what it's worth since I'm obviously emotionally involved, she has no "higher power").

I will see where today's events lead to. I would like my marriage and family life to stay intact, but for that to happen I need my wife to change a bit, I can't do all of the work myself. If we do end up getting a divorce I'm going to take the high road. I've learned in the past year that I'm a great guy with a lot to offer the world. It's early, this is probably a long saga.
(((Zebra))) I struggle with the marital relationship too. I need to change, and want to change. He thinks everything is fine, and nobody needs to change. It's a hard place to be. I wish I had an answer or advice for you, but I'm still searching for those myself.

(((TB))) Fingers crossed for you!

Hi everyone else :-) KC, my son just ordered Titleist irons (he has been playing with Taylor Mades). Blades as opposed to cavity back. He says they're easier to control. They cost a little over $900 and he's working painting a house to pay for them. Anyway, watching the fitting was fascinating. I never knew they could customize clubs like that. I guess I'm more of an off-the-rack golfer.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

<3

I survived court... not as bad as I thought, actually. Now I have to go get a job to get the money to pay them back, and I don't have to come back! The people here are mighty nice, though, except for one man who ran into a chiropractor's office to escape my quizzical "sir?"

I'm hungry. Can't wait to get back home and get a job and a permanent apartment. Now that I don't have this hanging over my head, my motivation is back to Amarillo levels.

Just put one foot in front of the other... it works. It does. I have no idea how I'm gonna survive (this trip has cost me plenty, most of what I had left in fact) but... I feel like I'm being watched over and it *will* work out. This is what happens when I don't drink.

Which is why I shouldn't drink tonight either. No lie, my brain is messed up. It's trying to argue with me that since I'm not driving, and there's nothing to do...

Bad brain.

But I believe that all that's happened to me along this little journey to court--there were so many people put in my life to guide me, even on this short trip--is the result of me not drinking. I've had people offering help at rest stops, directions from all sorts of people both as regular people and as employees of places that don't traditionally offer such advice (thank you Des Moines Target lady), the guy at the bus station who suggested I check in with the gate even though I knew my destination (they had not announced that particular stop... I had minutes to get on the bus) and the guy who saw me walking through a field and offered me a ride (not taken lightly by me, who is suspicious of people offering me rides--I can walk) then lent me his phone so I might get a ride back out down the highway, and the police officer who lent me a pen a couple hours ago. Thank all y'all, even though y'all most likely won't read this--I don't know how else to acknowledge their part in me getting through all this so smoothly. Either way, that's one thing I've noticed about sobriety all along, stuff goes easier for me when I don't drink, and not just the stuff I have some control over.

Call it what y'all will, I'm convinced.

Take care y'all Augusties and Fandy,
TB
Old 06-28-2010, 04:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sounds like you ran into some good people. I lived in Iowa for a few years after graduate school. I really like the folks I met in Iowa and I still keep in touch with a few today via Facebook. Tough state to live in climate-wise, I remember going out to a lake and not being able to find it (It was a man made reservoir). When I had some Iowa friends visit me later they thought lake Michigan was like an ocean (and they were really surprised that we could not see the other side, I think that's why they call it a Great Lake!). I taught them how to body surf, they were impressed.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Teehee, Z, I know what you mean about Iowan lakes... all day yesterday I was driving by this park that looked real nice. Huge lake, about 3/4 mile diameter. Lots of people there, swimming and picnicking and they had paddle boats on one end. On about the third pass by, I notice there was something amiss... mature elm trees jutting out of the lake. Thought it might be an Iowa thing, until later on it was pointed out to me that there were also parking lot lights growing out of that same lake and every road was a boat ramp...
Old 06-28-2010, 04:51 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

TB-glad court is behind you and that all went well.

Nice to know that doing the next right thing brought people into your life who were doing the next right thing by helping you.

Sounds like lakes are interesting in Iowa...with trees jutting right out of the lake.

Glad my gut feeling that everything would turn out ok was right., I would have hated to give up eating my Wasabi Edamame.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

OK google check, and I come up with... lima beans and baby corn with (I assume) a fiery sauce?

Eat them. All is good in Bubbaland except this pizza I ordered is taking too long in my opinion...

eta: All is truly good now. Am in possession of pizza...

Last edited by thirtybubba; 06-28-2010 at 05:19 PM. Reason: update
Old 06-28-2010, 06:13 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good Evening Friends :)

Diddy is on a Harley, TB is eating pizza, I'm about to spend a little time on the couch with the "other" men in my life...Ben and Jerry...all I have to say is...CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA, baby!...all is well in the world! :)

Zebra, ANEW and PC...what...cha' doin'? (insert a little Phineus and Ferb accent)

I hope everyone had a lovely day!

Sweet Dreams Everyone! :)
Love,