Administrator

Dee, ....how you get soooo smart ?

years
of being dumb, TS LOL

D
Old 06-29-2010, 01:23 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

84 days

Tired of my sobriety getting tested so much lately.

My hard drive crashed last night and retrieval of data is questionable. Hard drive is under warranty, but I may have lost years of work including all my uni work...everything.

I know drinking wont help but if there was ever a time that I wanted a drink .....oh well.

Not today...no alcohol for this little black duck today!! One day at a time.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:57 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

Originally Posted by topspin View Post
AG,

Sounds like a great guy, ......he must be , if you're excited about living with him.

Congratulations !
That's sweet! Thanks, and for the book rec.

Originally Posted by ozgoddess
I know drinking wont help but if there was ever a time that I wanted a drink .....oh well.
Sorry to hear about the crash--and Rev, also your crash last week. I know how they make me feel . . .
Old 06-29-2010, 01:52 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  
Rev
Awakening

Around The Sober World in 80 Days

Today is 80 days for me. It's been kind of a stressful day, as the stock market has been testy and giving me fits (I trade for a living). No urge to drink, fortunately, but a certain degree of urge go, "WAAAAA!!!!!"

Now that I've got that out of my system, I hope everyone is doing well, staying sober, and feeling good.

Rev
Old 06-29-2010, 02:46 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Living on a prayer

Congrats on 80 days Rev!
Old 06-29-2010, 03:20 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're hanging in there OzG...drinking won't fix it...but a good techie just might
Glad you're riding it out too Rev - 'grats on the 8O

D
Old 06-29-2010, 07:11 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Wandering Student of Life

OzG and Rev,
I'm sorry to hear of your trying times. I'm actually having some myself. I'm glad that we're all staying sober though, and I'm sure our future selves would/will be proud

Hang in there guys; I know these rough times aren't easy, but we've gotta remember that they're there to remind us of the better times out there to be had.

Blessed be everyone!
WW
Old 07-01-2010, 02:06 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

Originally Posted by unbrokenchain View Post

I'm back irregularly.
:ghug3

YAY! Welcome back! Don't be too irregular!
Old 07-01-2010, 02:39 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Living on a prayer

Hi UBC! It's good to see you here!
I know what you mean, there are days when even typing out the emotions, feelings, thoughts, etc just seems to be too overwhelming. Those are the days I sit here and just read, trying to pull from others strength. Congrats on 90+ days!!! Woohooo!
Old 07-01-2010, 10:36 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Hey all. Hope everyone has a great weekend. For those of you in the States, or anyone outside that also celebrates, hope you get a chance to see some fireworks. I gotta work myself.

Sorry about the computer Oz. Hope you're doin well though.

Congrats on your big move AmericanGirl. I wish you the best with that. Congrats on 80+ days Rev! Good to hear from ya UBC.

We haven't heard from Bartender in a while have we? Hope he is doin well.

Take care.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:14 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Rev
Awakening

Beer vending machine? How do they keep the kids out of them?

Rev
Old 07-02-2010, 01:57 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you again UBC.....
Welcome back

Try this....it takes a little practice but I found it helpful
when I think of something negetive ...I aloud
and replace it with 2 positive thoughts.

Of course...people look at me rather strangely
if I am in public.....but who cares?
Laughter is so darn healthy!

Let's all stay sober and continue to move forward!
Old 07-02-2010, 10:00 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

My friends!!!

Been a while but I am reading along pretty much daily.

Congrats to all of my Aprillers and it is so glad to see UBC and WW back.

MGS and Rev, yayy on that beautiful sober time and a huge "shout out" to everyone as we are in or nearing our 3 month mark.

Carol, so glad all is good with the health.....I so can relate with what I went and will continue to go through.

AG, yippee on the new move. I moved in with my XH before we got married and we did a joint lease and a joint account which was for expenses like rent/utilities...etc. Good stuff there.

Oz, sorry you are going through some things like most of us are but I send you and everyone a huge hug for handling life sober (what an accomplishment) and for all of us ignoring that *little voice* that may come and go.

Hang in there everyone.....because that *little voice* will always go and pass on its way.

For me....still sober...hehe. I am so happy to have all of you here and this great SR community. I have no one in real life to share it with. Hubby is happy and proud of me but most people who haven't dealt with addiction think....oh you quit in April. Like you are cured and its no biggie.

Kinda like.....yeah we remember all the negatives associated with your drinking but your sober....like it was no big deal. For all you and me.....it is a daily journey and I am blessed to have you all to share this journey with me.

I am at 78 days and this is a milestone for me as I haven't had this amount of sobriety in 10 years!!! I am living proof that even with relapse.....we can pick up and go all the harder.

Most everything else is quiet in my life right now. Except I got some surprising news my friends and well....you are the first and only I am sharing with.....I AM PREGNANT!!!!

Can't believe it since I had a blood test in mid June that was negative but last week I tested and went for another blood test and it was huge positive...Ultrasound showed the little heartbeat and I am about 7 weeks.

Why is this pregnancy such a miracle? Because I lost a pregnancy with my ex in 2000 and never sought counseling or help to deal. I bottled it in and never told anyone and turned to alcohol to cope. That my friends is the whole truth of what started my 10 year alcoholic hell.

I continued to try and couldn't conceive with the ex or my hubby. Everything looked ok so I was marked as unexplained infertility. Turning 37 in a few months and I had just thought maybe it wasn't ever going to happen.

All of this my friends and I got sober. I somehow just dealt with it so my strength to get sober is something I am so proud of.

We went to a Dr. last week to discuss infertility testing and I wanted to cry. The cost wouldn't be covered my military insurance and even then my friends....I didn't drink. I just said we will do the best we can and maybe have children isn't in my cards. Either way....i will not turn return to alcohol.

It turns out I conceived about a month and half after I put down the bottle for real. No one knows of course as with everything else....I do fear miscarriage....well who wouldn't after trying on and off for 10 years of my life.

This is a natural blessing and I believe my HP was looking down on me. No matter what has happened since April (God knows you all have been reading my journey) I NEVER picked up.

I pray that all goes well and I just wanted to share this blessed news with you. Getting sober is the greatest gift I could have given myself and without the support of SR, I don't think it would have happened. I got clean for me....but when I was depressed and anxious, or sitting up crying at 2am.....SR was there. Thank you Thank you!!!!

Whatever road my life takes me....I will not turn to drinking and through the good and bad....I will always turn to SR for guidance and support and offer as much of my support to others as I can.

Huggs and love to all.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:09 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

I know that was long winded.....sorry!! I just want wanted to add that I am a firm believer in "paying it forward." This is part of the reason I come to SR often and post on the newbies.

I forgot to also add - HAVE A HAPPY SOBER FOURTH OF JULY!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2010, 10:28 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy 4th, Gang!

Congrats to all those near (or beyond) 90 days!

D
Old 07-02-2010, 11:39 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Wandering Student of Life

OMG Kimber, that's AWESOME! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

I can't believe how excited and happy I feel for you

It's late, so I'll keep this short:
I'm otherwise just checking in with you guys. Still going through rough times separating from the SO, but drinking isn't entering my thoughts (yay!).

Kimber's news has me really jazzed - that really is great news

All right - I'm off to.... well, waste time before falling asleep (alone ). Ah well. Have the cat to keep me company, lol.

Love you guys; blessed be!
WW
Old 07-03-2010, 12:59 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Wow,

Thought I'd just pop in and read a bit, I guess at exactly the right time...congratulations Kmber!!!!!!!!
Am so happy for you

Miracles do happen don't they, when we're letting go sometimes it just comes to us! Really, really, really happy 4U!!

As I've posted on the other newcomers, I've got 3 months now. Yay!

Not everything is rosy, my mother continues to drink, but actually that has nothing to do with me, I don't.
Trying to find some practical solutions for next schoolyear for my son, for the wednesday afternoons and nights I work late (no other relatives around). We'll see, I believe that what I need will be provided, even if I don't see it now.

Happy to read you UBC!

Enjoy the weekend everyone!
Old 07-03-2010, 01:30 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  
Administrator

I must have been more sleepy than I thought LOL - congrats Kim - great news

D
Old 07-03-2010, 02:07 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Thank you guys

WW....hang tight on the SO situation. I am proud of you.

Andi....As you prob know I work in childcare and I through everything I have seen for myself and with others.....don't worry as it will work itself out. Funny, because I started this journey not knowing what would happen day to day but held tight and it has in its own unique way come together.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:17 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Congrats Kim - that is awesome news!! Thank you for sharing it with us.