Keep it up guys!

Old part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2010-a-20.html

D
Old 05-09-2010, 08:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living on a prayer

Thank you Dee!
I hope everyone has had a wonderful, sober weekend! It's been a good weekend here, and I even made plans with 2 good friends to go out to lunch this coming Friday. I haven't done that in, gosh I don't know how long! I was always afraid to be around friends long due to my pretty much around the clock drinking, but now I'm looking forward to a long lunch and lots of laughs together.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Since It's still Sun

To all the Moms on this thread

Happy Mothers Day !

My day was about the best ever , till I opened an e-mail earlier , can't go into it really , but it left me feeling pretty down .

Thank goodness for my sobriety today, ....it would normally have been a major trigger for me to get trashed.

Reading posts here at SR has really helped tonight !
Old 05-09-2010, 08:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you didn't let it trigger you, mate

and I hope all the moms/mums here had a great day too!
D
Old 05-10-2010, 02:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Still here too so Happy Monday!

MGS - Yayy....for getting back on track with a sober social life. You had me thinking of my drinking in which I didn't do much of anything because I had to schedule around my drinking.

Top - Hope all is ok and I feel the same way about sobriety.... as if I were drinking now...I would have been trashed each day after work as a reward, trashed today because of a medical test and well trashed whenever I was home feeling like crap and just sober enough to make it till the next time I could drink. Waste of life that was.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well my April pals.....I actually asking y'all for some good thoughts, vibes, prayers, or whatever you can spare.

I woke up today sick (yayyy not hungover...lol but just sick) and did a few hours at work. I am waiting on hubby to get home so we can go for the breast MRI. It is a long and somewhat tedious procedure and I have waited a while to get in. All my doctors are waiting on this to know what next steps are. Basically to see what the several findings really are from the utrasound and mammo and to basically see if I have cancer in there or what.

Pretty scared and how by the grace of God I am not pouring a stiff one today as this is a true test of my commitment to sobriety. I couldn't handle this at all if I were drinking so I am find solace in that.

I guess I am hoping that nothing serious is found. If so they may do an on-site biopsy today.....man I am nervous but amazed at how I have spent the past month basically aware of a potential problem and not flipping out. I don't know why I am calm but am grateful I am.

Poor hubby I know is scared crapless right now but being the strong wonderful loving military man.....he is just trying to keep me sane....lol.

Ok again I ramble.

I know you all have followed my journey and well.....I wanted to share this with you.

Thanks all and know that your strength gives me strength.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

Hope you've all had a great weekend.

I logged on yesterday to see all these 'mothers day' posts...and I was filled with horror...WTF have I forgot it?? What's going on?...then I remembered, we've had our's in the UK a few weeks ago.......Guess I still have brain fog!!...So relieved when I realised I hadn't forgotten.

Happy Monday!
Old 05-10-2010, 04:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So we moved to another thread, but we're gonna keep this going right!?

My computer at home is down, computerman is coming tomorrow. Hopefully he can fix it right away (cheap please!! haha). I don't need a lot of luxery to be happy, but can't live without my comp! snif....;-)))

All is well, no drinking here.
Weekend was very busy, I mean getting up, showering right away, getting the kid dressed and let's go... Where is the old & tired, I need to rest because I've been working all week? I'll tell you, gone with the booze! :-())

I'll write more as soon as I can, meanwhile I'll be thinking about all of you!

MaryRita: I hope you stay with us, like the others said

Ghost: Welcome!
Old 05-10-2010, 04:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good morning, it has been a while since I have posted. Have logged on and done some reading. Still going to meetings and actually found a home group one that I really enjoy. Meeting with my sponsor today to go over step 3.
Prior to this weekend it has been difficult. In matters of being lazy-procrastinating. Feeling down. etc. I have been able to maintain my sobriety. Had a very nice weekend with my wife. Counted up all my loose change and a little bit of overtime and was able to go away for 2 nights. Our plans were not to do anything. I slept a lot and went swimming. Thank God for our wonderful family that came down and spent the weekend with the kids.
I am not sure why but I do have thoughts that maybe I might be able to drink normally. And I do know BETTER that I cannot, my history is testament to that. I have had thoughts about it but thankfully that has been it.
Sometimes I feel I am not doing enough to maintain or even keep my sobriety. I go to meetings as much as I can. And do some reading when I am not able to. The major problem is that my the time I help get the kids in bed. Go over homework read a couple of books to the 2 oldest ones. Its after 10pm. On the weekends there are some meetings that start later than that which is good.
Today my mind is a lot clearer and more relaxed, thank you God.
For those mothers out there happy belated Mothers day.
Dean
Old 05-10-2010, 05:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
learning

Hi folks,

Still here and still sober.

First time since I was a child that I was able to deal with grief without drinking.

Got up early yesterday and cooked breakfast for my wife and her mother and had all their presents waiting for them.

It was a priceless day really.

Off to a different meeting tonight. It seems that having the courage to try out different experiences instead of getting stuck in a routine (that hasn't worked up until now) is really helping. A friend of my said that if the thought to try out new recovery experiences enters my mind, my HP wants me to do it.

So I'm gonna do it.

Be well guys
Old 05-10-2010, 07:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Rev
Awakening

Day 30

Was offered a beer yesterday, when we visited the inlaws for Mothers Day. First time since I quit. I declined in favor of Snapple. Not tempted, but that was the cool thing. I feel like I've reached escape velocity, not to be sucked in by the black hole again.

On a more lighthearted note, I got to see my daughter and son-in-law for the first time in awhile. She's pregnant for the first time, and they are expecting sometime around the end of the year. My grandchild will never know me drinking. That's kind of a cool thought.

Rev
Old 05-10-2010, 10:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Living on a prayer

Kmber you're in my prayers today especially. I'm a military spouse too, and know what you mean about your husband. They are so strong but you can see the fear in their eyes when something is worrying them. Please update us when you can about how the testing goes.

Rev, your grandchild never seeing you drink, that made me smile. What a wonderful thing to look forward to!

Happy Sober Monday to everyone!
Old 05-10-2010, 02:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Dee..... for our fresh thread

Hi Everyone......

Been rather busy with other things and I;m so tickled
to see y'all here sharing your l lives!
The best is yet to be...
Old 05-10-2010, 03:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey REV, that is excellent. Congrats. My first attempt at recovery started while my wife was pregnant. It last about a year. Many reasons it did not mainly my lost ways or my will getting in the way. I do not think my kids will remember me passing out on them or not spending time with them. I did spend a lot of time with but with a buzz. As of now I am very thankful that I am not drinking because of their age. Thank God. Good to hear from you.
Dean
Rev one more thing I am having a lot of trouble with procrastination.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

That was very cool Rev - congrats on your 30!
enjoy your break, UBC - and congrats on yr 40

welcome back Dean
and thanks Carol

I hope everyone will drop in again - these threads go for as long as you want them to.
D
Old 05-10-2010, 03:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Rev
Awakening

Originally Posted by dkayvins125 View Post
Rev one more thing I am having a lot of trouble with procrastination.
Yeah, it's really an insidious little problem, isn't it? One thing I've been trying to do lately is be more Now-oriented in my thinking. I realized that at the moment when I opt to procrastinate, my thoughts are always on the future or the past, which is kinda like avoiding reality because everything you do, you do in the present. So I kinda ask myself, "What am I doing right now?" It really focuses me, and I find it easier to initiate action.

Easier, but not necessarily always easy.

Rev
Old 05-10-2010, 05:02 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Rev, having a brain fart your screen picture what is that from?
Dean
Old 05-10-2010, 08:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Good luck Kim. Our prayers will be with you. Let us know how it goes. You should be so proud this did not get you to seek help from a bottle.

Congrats Rev. You are inspiring to me.

I know you are frusturated Unbroken. I am still new to my sobriety, but even with my experience I have found I am more comfortable in some situations without drinking as I go on. I hope the retreat boosts your strength.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:50 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Rev
Awakening

Originally Posted by dkayvins125 View Post
Rev, having a brain fart your screen picture what is that from?
Dean
It's Dr. Manhattan from the movie, "Watchmen".

Rev
Old 05-11-2010, 07:37 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
learning

Hi folks,

Still here and still sober.

Didn't get to try the new meeting last night cuz I was "volunteered" to do some overtime at work.

But, I got to work in a late 1800s mansion. I snuck off ang gave myself a tour. The place was incredible and you could really feel the history.

Amazing experience.

Be well guys.